Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Tokoro Valley

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 12 - Tokoro Valley

Chapter 12 - Tokoro Valley
(Finally! We're getting to the interesting chapters! The tournamet yataaaaaa! I can't wait to write my favourite chapter that will be coming momentarily)

Oogway smiled as he made his way up the palace, he had a huge surprise for his student, a surprise the old tortoise knew his student would be jumping up the wall more then when he ate melon buns.
Shifu came bounding up to Oogway, his eyes wide and sparkling as he practically bounced around the old tortoise. "Hi master! Hi master! How was your trip to the valley? What did you get for grocceries?! Melon buns?!"
Oogway almost lost his grip on the last step. "Oh Shifu..! Calm down, were going to-" Before the old tortoise could even finish his sentence, his legs wobbled as he fell backwards, Shifu fell against the old tortoise's chest, the paper bags flew from Oogway's arms, the contents of the bags littering the air.
Shifu groaned, his whole body sprawled over the old tortoise's chest, dizzy. Oogway had oranges covering the rest of his face, and a lemon wedged in his mouth. Oogway sat up and spat the lemon out of his mouth shuddering at the sour taste.
Shifu got to his feet, rubbing his head. "Aww....headache." He sent his master a sheepish smile. "S-sorry..haha? I guess I need to calm down a little..."
The old tortoise shook his head smiling a little. "Yes..I think you do."
Shifu began to collect the oranges and pack them back in the bag.
"Shifu..."
"Yes..?"
"I have a little surprise for you."
"...!!!!" Shifu dropped the bag instantly. "What is it?! Melon buns?! "
Oogway laughed and placed a hand on the cub's head. "Calm down." He tossed a roled up flyer at the cub, who caught it between his fingers.
Eagerly, Shifu unroled the flyer and patted out the wrinkles. "......" He gave a happy gasp.
Oogway grinned.
"Oh wow!" Shifu's eyes sparkled. "A tournament? Really?!
Oogway beamed. "Yes a tournament." His eyes sparkled. "Its for ages seven to twelve." He chuckled. "You'll be seven in a month, so I think I can convince them to let you enter."
Shifu's eyes sparkled. "Wooooowww! Really?! That would we great! Thank you so much master!"
Oogway chuckled and smoothed the cub's fur. "You're welcome my student.
Giggling, Shifu scanned the rest of the flyer. He gasped.
"Oh no-!"
"What is it..?"
"It says that all the competetors are currently training in Japanese, Korean, Indian, European, Judo, Tae Kwon Do, and Aisan martial arts! Not any form is Chinese!"
Oogway looked at the flyer over the cub's shoulder. "What is so wrong with that?"
Shifu had an expression of pure horror. "Master, I do not know of any of these forms! They could be really strong, none of them are Kung Fu!!"
Oogway smiled and ran his hand down the cub's furry head. "Ahh that may be true, but some of them may be weak..you never know. You may have a stronger form then any of those."
Shifu shrugged and smiled. "I guess....so when do we leave..?"
Oogway chuckled. "Eager aren't you?"
Shifu blushed and giggled.
Oogway started rummaging through one of the paper bags. "We will leave in a week, it's a two day journey to Tokoro Valley."
Shifu gave a cheerful cry. "Alright!!"
The old tortoise pulled out a small package from the bag. "Oh and just for the reccord..." He threw it like a frisbee and Shifu caught it with lightning fast reflexes he had only just developed.
"Yes, I did get you melon buns."
Shifu's eyes sparkled, allowing the vision of the beautiful valley absorb through his mind. "Oh! It's beautiful!!!"
Tokoro Valley was decorated with flowers-galore! It was also filled with the delicious aroma of Tokoroten (what the valley was most famous for)
"Mmmmm.... Tokoroten and flowers smell good together master." Shifu said, inhaling more of the delicious scent.
Oogway chuckled. "I suppose it does. Come Shifu, we must sign up for the tournament."
"YAAAAY!"
Oogway and Shifu walked up to a giant Dojo, it to was decorated with flowers. A beauiful scene.
"Hmm.." Oogway tapped his chin. "I wonder where we go..."
"Can I help you sir?"
Oogway turned around, and gazed down at a red panda! It had a long stringy mustache, green robe, and beard. "..!!!" The red panda bowed deeply to the floor. "Grand Master Oogway!" He breathed. "It is an honor sir!!"
Oogway returned the bow. "Good afternoon kind sir.. Do you know where we can find the owner of this Dojo?"
The red panda chuckled. "That would be me Master Oogway. I am Toi Fu." He gestured over to a red panda stroding towards them. "This would be my lovely wife Mei Lian."
Mei Lian had on a beautiful long flowing burgundy traditional Chinese dress, and a lilly tucked behind her ear.
Mei Lian gave a bow. "Good afternoon Master Oogway, it is an honor to meet you." She said politely.
Oogway bowed back. "All the same for you, madam."
Mei Lian knelt down beside Shifu. "Who is this cute little thing..? My, he's adorable!!" She reached into her pocket and pulled out a lollipop. "Here you go sweetie."
Shifu beamed. "Thank you Mrs. Mei!" Eagerly he unwrapped the lollipop and stuck it in his mouth.
Oogway grinned. "You are very kind Mrs. Mei..."
Mei gave an embarassed laguh. "Well I try.."
Toi Fu looked up at the old tortoise. "So what can I do for ya?"
The old master's eyes widened. "Oh right!" He laughed. "Almost forgot." I'd like to sign my student up for the tournament."
Toi Fu frowned slightly, looking at the cub. "How old is he?"
"He will be seven in a few weeks"
Toi Fu flicked his wrist. "Sorry, can't do anything for you!" He began walking away.
Shifu's face fell immidiately and Oogway could see tears forming in his pupil's eyes. He was about to confront Toi Fu of his rash decision, but Mei Lian beat him to it.
"But dear, why ever not?" She asked, hurrying up to her husband.
"Because love, he's not seven. The age is seven. I hate it when people do this! They come up to me asking if their five, or six year old can join the tournament."
"But he's practically seven now! Come on dear, look at the little guy. Give him a chance.."
Toi Fu's face softened as he peered back at Shifu. Tears had started to fall from his face, he sniffled softly. Oogway put a gentle hand on the cub's head to comfort him.
Toi Fu shook his head. "It isn't a very good idea dear-" He stopped short as Mei Lian grabbed him by the throat. "You let him compete....Or else!" She said darkly.
Toi Fu gave a nervous laugh. "O-okay dear! I will...let me go now..please!"
Mei Lian's face softened. "Thank you dear.." She kissed his cheek, and they both walked over to Shifu and Oogway.
"Wellllll..." Toi Fu sighed and smiled. "I'll let him compete, since you came all the way from the Jade Palace.
Shifu giggled. "Oh really..? I thought the reason was that your wife threatened to kill you!"
"Shifu!" Oogway exclaimed horrified.
Toi Fu's face went beet red, and Mei Lian burst out laughing.
"I like this kid ToFu!" She said when she could speak again.
Toi Fu rolled his eyes. "At least someone here does..." He murmured.
"Hey Shifu?"
"Yeah, Mrs. Mei?"
"Just call me Mei. Could you pass me one of the clothespins?"
Shifu passed up a clothespin to Mei Lian as he began folding a bunch of dresses. He and Oogway had offered to help Toi Fu and Mei Lian set up the Dojo...but Shifu was asked to help fold clothes.
"Hey Mei, there's alot of small dresses here!"
"Hmm? Oh yeah! Those are my daugther's "Wu Lian's" dresses."
"You have a daughter?"
Mei Lian chuckled. "Two, actually "Wu Lian" and "Shi Lian. Wu Lian is eight and a half, she's in the touranment actually. Shi Lian is fifteen."
"I would like to meet your daughters!" Shifu said, smiling.
Mei Lian grinned. "Well speak of the devil, there's one now! WU LIAN!"
A red panda walked over towards her mother. She was wearing a purple vest, decorated with lillies, and she was wearing amythest sandals.
Shifu's eyes went wide. Whoa! She's pretty... He thought as he walked towards her. "Hi Wu Lian, I'm Shifu!" He held out his hand.
Wu Lian looked at him awkwardly. "Sooo...uh..how old are you, three?"
Shifu's smile immidiately faded into a scowl, and his ears flattened back in annoyance. "Nooo...I'm going to be seven in three weeks!"
Wu Lian sneered. "Three weeks...or three years?"
Shifu gave a low growl and narrowed his eyes at her.
"You're so tiny..."
"You're so ugly!!" That wasn't entirely true, she was a thing of beauty. As if he'd actually admitt to that though!
"Shifu, what have I told you about calling pretty little girls ugly?"
Shifu turned around to find Oogway standing over him.
Wu Lian gasped and clasped her hands together. "Master Oogway! It's such an honor!" She bowed to him. "...Wait, is this little midget your student?!"
Shifu glared at her. "I am not a midget!!" He hollered angrilly.
Oogway nodded. "Yes, this little midget-err I mean Shifu is my student."
Shifu glared up at his master. "Meanie!" He growled under his breath.
"You teach him Kung Fu..?"
".....Correct.."
Wu Lian smirked. "Someone should teach him how to grow taller."
Shifu took a threatening step forwad. "Say that again and I'LL TEACH YOU WHAT PAIN REALLY FEELS LIKE!!!!"
Oogway sighed, and pulled the cub back to his side.
"Are you really going to be in the tournament?" Wu Lian asked the steaming cub.
"...Yes.."
Wu Lian laughed. "A small fry like you will be easy to beat!"
Shifu gave a menacing growl, and started to charge. Once again his master pulled him back, and held on to his shirt collar.
"It was nice to meet you all! See you in a few days!" Oogway called over his shoulder.
Shifu was positively fumming! "That little brat!! I'll show her!!! In the tournament she's going down!!
"Shifu."
"I'll rip her arms off-no! I'll rip my arms off so I can throw them at her face!"
"Shifu."
"Then I'll rip her arms off too, so it will be double the hit! Then I'll-"
"Shifu!"
The red panda stopped anting and peered up at his master.
"Now, I know she upset you...but I will not tolerate you ripping her arms off in the tournament."
Shifu sighed. "Okay..."
Oogway smiled. "Why don't we go get some Tokoroten for dinner?"
"Okay!" Shifu cheered, as they made their way down the steps.
"......Can I just rip one of her arms off?"
"No!"

(XD Looks like Shifu's made his first enemy, what will the tournament be like? Will Shifu succeed in rippin Wu Lian's arms off? Or will Wu Lian rip his arms off? Stay tuned to find out!)

Preview of the next chapter!

Wu Lian propelled backwards with recoil, as the dizzy cub staggered about, trying to figure out which way was up, and which way was down.
Wu Lian charged at him, kicking him straight into the stomach, he hurtled backwards, but landed on his feet, sliding in the dirt. He spun backwards, and rolled under Wu Lian as she pounced at him, missing him by a inch. Shifu flip kicked her with such force, that she slammed into a tree, out of the ring! Shifu watched her carefully. Was she going to get up?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 27, 2008, 7:29:39 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 27, 2008, 8:41:51 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinIndeed! But a brat little Shifu appears to think is really pretty......heehee!