Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Giao Xun Returns/ Fatally Wounded

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 14 - Giao Xun Returns/ Fatally Wounded

Chapter 14 - Giao Xun Returns/ Fatally Wounded
(This chapter will literally have you in tears, it will have the founder of Kung Fu in tears....)

"Ahhhh....what a lovely night, wouldn't you agree Shifu?"
The cub nodded cheerfully. "It really is nice out, you can see the moon!"
Oogway smiled. "A full moon, they say bad things happen during a full moon."
Shifu giggled. "Like were wolves and things like that!" Shifu ran over towards one of the trees and picked up a stick. "I'll bonk it on the head with a giant stick! Then I'll tackle him to the ground to my Paka slam!"
Oogway laughed. "But what would you do-" He walked up to Shifu silently.
"If he attacked you from behind?" Oogway asked zipping behind the cub and fiercely tickling him.
Shifu squealed with laughter and attempted to pounce on his master, who dodged it easily. "Haha!"
Oogway chuckled. "Shifu, I want to show you something." He grabbed the cub's hand and pulled him towards the top of the hill. "Look." He pointed up into the sky. "Look at the clouds Shifu, they're shrouded in a dark mist. It's just like you."
"Huh...?"
"Your skills in Kung Fu are unveiling just like these clouds in the sky. The more the clouds unveil from the moon, the more stronger and smarter you become. Oogway smiled affectionately at the young cub. "You are just like your father...always aching to learn, always so strong, knowledgeable. It has always been such an honor to have taught you for the past year, I know you will always be caring, and a wonderful Kung Fu teacher when you're older. Your heart is so pure........a heart of pure love and friendship. a heart whom I've always cared for, and a heart whom I lo-
Oogway's sweet philosophical lesson was interrupted by low growl in the trees.
Shifu backed away. "Oh-oh no! We-were wolf?!!"
Oogway placed a calming hand on the cub's head to calm him. "Relax Shifu...."
"R-right! Because there are no were wolves! It's impossible...right master?"
Oogway sighed. "Nothing is impossible Shifu..."
Shifu groaned, the growling became louder, and Oogway tucked the cub behind him, as a figure emerged from the trees.
"..........!" The old tortoise gasped. "Giao Xun??? ..Wh-what are you doing here? I banished you from these sacred lands."
Giao Xun sneered. "Do you think I'd actually listen to you..?"
Shifu just stood there, starring, cowering in fear at the huge creature. He was a black jaguar, with razor sharp teeth and beady orange eyes. he was wearing a black coat, and a gray belt with knives and daggers lodged in every pocket.
Giao Xun smirked down at the frightened young cub. " Hey...I remember you! You're Kohaii's son." He tsk-tsked. "It's to bad I had to kill your father...and send my men to kill your cousins, but that's what happens when you don't listen to Giao Xun. "
Oogway felt weak at the knees. "Wh......what? Y-you killed Kohai???"
Shifu saw something that he had never seen in his master before, a look of pure hatred and anger.
"Yeah I killed him...don't you remember? I told you if you didn't relinquish your position as Supreme Kung Fu Master...I'd kill your students." He laughed. "Of course Shei Lia's death made it all easy for me, I didn't have to kil her, and it made Kohaii and Su Lin far more vunerable."
Shifu gave a sob, and buried his face in his hands.
Oogway shook his head slowly, his throat extremely dry. "You actually did it..." He whispered. "I didn't think you were serious Giao..." He was in complete disbelief.
Giao Xun sneered. "Of course I was Oogway, lesson nuber one: Always take me seriously... So are you going to tell the kid the story...or should I?"
Oogway turned towards the horrified red panda. "Shifu, before your parents became by pupils, Giao Xun came to the Jade Palace, and asked if I would train him. I looked him over, and could see his heart was pure black, not any sign of light in the Jaguars soul, I could sense that if I trained him, he wold use his strength and skill for evil. I knew that I couldn't. Giao Xun was outraged and vowed he would return to claim the palace his. A few years after parents became my pupils, Giao Xun returned and tried to kill me and my students. We all banished him from the Palace, I have not seen him...untill today.
Giao Xun's voice rose with malice and revenge. "That's right Oogway, I'm here to claim the Jade Palace's throne, I have grown much stronger, and could probably take you down easy!"
Oogway sighed, he didn't doubt that much since Giao Xun had successfully taken down Kohaii. "Why can't you just accept the fact that the throne does not belong to you? You would never be heir to being the Supreme Kung Fu Master-"
Giao Xun sneered. "Oh, I know that you won't give it to me, but I'm here to steal it-and to-" He sneered, looking down at the terrified cub behind the old master. "Kill the heir of earning the title of Supreme Kung Fu Master, when you pass on!"
Oogway glared daggers at the jaguar. "You will not touch him, this is personal, between us, not him."
Giao Xun snickered. "I will kill all who interfere." With that he slashed the old tortoise's arm with a knife.
Oogway gave a small cry of pain, as blood began trickling from the wound.
"I WANT YOUR BLOOD OOGWAY!! SERVED IN SOUP! WITH A SIDE ORDER OF VICTORY!!!!!!"
Oogway kicked Giao Xun hard in the stomach, he reflected back with a swiped from a large sword.
"Give it up Oogway, you're dead!" Giao Xun snarled angrily.
"The purest of hearts can always wield the dark ones!" Oogway said, as he held up Giao Xun's sword from his throat. "It is not our way to kill, but I will if I have to.."
"I'm trembling!" Giao Xun said sarcastically.
Oogway fought back every punch, kick and slash from the sword, leering at the jaguar, daring him to take one step closer to the cub.
Giao Xun gave a menacing growl, and leaped at Shifu, but Oogway kicked him straight in the throat. "Do not go near him Giao! This fight is between you and me.. it does not involve him!"
Shifu dodged one of Giao Xun's attacks, and kicked him strongly in the leg.
Oogway's eyes widened in fright. "Shifu..go! Get back to the safety of the palace...hurry..!"
Shifu's eyes went wide. "No master! I will not leave your side!!"
Giao Xun sneered. "Persistent little rat, isn't he?!" Giao Xun attempted to stab the cub, but he dodged it.
Oogway knocked the cub away with a stick. "I said go!"
"And I said NO!"
"Do not disobey me Shifu..!"
"I am this time!"
Giao Xun leaped at Oogway, ready to tear the blade across his throat, but Shifu quickly jumped up, taking the blow to the chest. It seemed to happen in slow motion, there was a sickening ripping noise, as the contents of Shifu's body spilled out of the open wound. He opened his mouth in a silent scream and fell to the ground.
"SHIFU!!" It was the first time Oogway had ever screamed in his life, no matter how bad things became, he would stay calm and collected. He had spoken loudly before, but never in his long life had a scream ever escaped his throat. Oogway fell to his knees beside the wounded cub. Oogway had never experienced this feeling, it felt like his heart was withering within him, an overwhelming sadness consumed the old tortoise. For once in his life, he had no idea what to do.
Giao Xun tucked his sword in his belt, giving a satisfied smirk. "The path to victory id to find your opponents weakness.......and make him suffer for it. This cub, your student has been your downfall. I don't need to finish you off now, you've finished yourself off." With that, he leaped into the trees and disappeared out of sight.

(Well what did you think? Am I terrible for what I did to poor Shifu? *sniff* Yeah, I know. What did you think Giao Xun meant by "I don't need to finish you off now, you've finished yourself off". Feel free to tell me what you think in your comments. In case you haven't noticed, Shifu and Oogway have been trying to say a few certain three words for the past few chapters. In the next couple ones, one of them are finally going to say it without any interruptions.........but who? Feel free tell me who you think it is on my comments, too.)

Preview of teh sadness!

Oogway just stood there, sitting by Shifu's bed. He looked so weak....so hurt...it made the old tortoise sick. The deep gnash across his chest, his broken arm, fractured tail, and the heart monitors that were barely beeping. To make matters worse he could do nothing about it.
"Master Oogway?"
The old tortoise turned around to see his friend, and nurse right behind him. Shifu was currently hospitalized in Lotus Lake, their friends Lotti and Peach Blossom were taking care of him.
Lotti's face was full of concern. "Master Oogway...are you alright?" She walked up to him holding a tray of soup. "Would you like something to eat?"
The old master forced a smile on his face. "That's nice of you Lotti, but I'm not very hungry..."
The female tortoise put her hand on his shoulder. "Shifu is not going to come out of his comma any quicker if you just sit here mopping! You need to eat!"
The old tortoise sighed. "I suppose I do..."
"Yes! You do!"
Oogway smiled and gingerly took a bite of some potato in his soup. He gave a shuddering sigh and fell back on his chair. "How does it look for Shifu...?"
Lotti shook his head. "It doesn't look good Master Oogway.........I don't think he's going to make it......."

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 29, 2008, 1:43:13 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

chaos_kitten8 on September 29, 2008, 1:44:06 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 29, 2008, 4:58:26 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinwhat comment?

chaos_kitten8 on September 29, 2008, 5:00:28 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 29, 2008, 5:02:24 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinoh.....

pixiepumpkin on September 29, 2008, 4:25:57 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinXD, I know...I'm horrible! You think this will have you in tears? Wait untill the next 2 chapters!