Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Pain

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 15 - Pain

Chapter 15 - Pain
(Shifu knocks at death's door, and Oogway reflects over his guilt for the cub's injury.)

Oogway just stood there, sitting by Shifu's bed. He looked so weak....so hurt...it made the old tortoise sick. The deep gnash across his chest, his broken arm, fractured tail, and the heart monitors that were barely beeping. To make matters worse he could do nothing about it.
"Master Oogway?"
The old tortoise turned around to see his friend, and nurse right behind him. Shifu was currently hospitalized in Lotus Lake, their friends Lotti and Peach Blossom were taking care of him.
Lotti's face was full of concern. "Master Oogway...are you alright?" She walked up to him holding a tray of soup. "Would you like something to eat?"
The old master forced a smile on his face. "That's nice of you Lotti, but I'm not very hungry..."
The female tortoise put her hand on his shoulder. "Shifu is not going to come out of his comma any quicker if you just sit here mopping! You need to eat!"
The old tortoise sighed. "I suppose I do..."
"Yes! You do!"
Oogway smiled and gingerly took a bite of some potato in his soup. He gave a shuddering sigh and fell back on his chair. "How does it look for Shifu...?"
Lotti shook her head. "It doesn't look good Master Oogway.........I don't think he's going to make it......."
The old tortoise sighed, he should have known it from the beginning this all happened. Shifu's life was going to be over, when it had just begun. Oogway sighed. He didn't know if he'd be able to go on without his loyal young pupil, always there for each other, to help each other. Share their secrets, trust, friendship, dedication, loyalty, sadness, and most of all their love. Oogway wanted so bad for the cub to get through this terrible trial, but knew that it would most likely not be possible.
"Master Oogway?"
"Hmmm...? Oh, hello there Peach Blossom."
Peach Blossom shook her head. "Master Oogway, you need to come out of this room! You've been in here for two days straight, and you've hardly eaten a damn thing!! A Supreme Kung Fu Master like you should know that what you're doing to your body now is unacceptable and very unhealthy. Now I command you to come outside and eat something before I go in there and kick your butt!"
Oogway just stood there for a moment before cracking a smile. "Persistent and stubborn like your mother..."
Peach Blossom groaned whacked the old master on the head with her fan. "Don't even go there!" She grabbed his arm and pulled him outside. "Cutie cub will get well..I promise you..." "Cutie cub" was Peach Blossom's affectionate nickname for the red panda, she had called him that for the past year that they'd known each other.
Oogway sighed. "What if he doesn't? I just cannot believe any of this. It's my duty as the godfather to protect him, already he's at death's door...I promised Kohaii and Shei Lia I'd take care of him...and now because of me..he's going to die." He cried out as Peach Blossom whacked him harder on the head.
She closed her fan. "Mehhh...don't even go there you idiot! It was not you! You didn't plan on Giao Xun to come, did you..? Of course not! Giao Xun's a jerk!! How dare he injure an innocent little angel..."
Oogway nodded silently. "Giao Xun is a cold hearted creature...greedy...selfish...when he wants something he'll go to all lengths to get it..even if it means someone will get hurt."
Peach Blossom nodded sadly. "It's such a shame that there are people like that in the world....huh?"
Oogway nodded. "Yes....it is."
"MASTER OOGWAY!!"
The old tortoise turned towards Lotti at the doorway to the house. Her eyes were sparkling with tears of joy. "Somebody wants to see you!"
Oogway felt his heart surge with hope. Could it be? He threw open the door and hurried into the small hospitalized room.
The young cub's eyes flickered open. "...mmm....." He moistened his dry lips. "Master Oogway..!"
Relief washed over the old tortoise, tears came to his eyes.
"Shifu...!"
Shifu blinked a few times and smiled. "Master..."
Lotti grinned from ear to ear. "It looks like Shifu has decided to come back to us."
Peach Blossom chuckled. "I promised he'd wake up..didn't I?"
Oogway smiled. "I guess you did!"
Shifu giggled. "Of course....n-nothing can keep down the great Shifu!"
All three of them laughed.
Lotti examined him. "It looks like he'll be well to go back to the palace in a couple days, but he should probably refrain from training for at least a couple of months.
"A couple months?!" Shifu was horrified. "N-no...! That's not fair..."
Oogway sighed. "Relax Shifu...it will only be for a little while..."
That's what he thought, but it seemed to be easier said then done. Giao Xun had set a bomb off in the bunkhouse, and then tried to flood the Hall Of Heroes when they were both meditating. Oogway had finally come to a decision.
Him and Shifu walked down the lane that lead to Lotus Lake, Shifu was in a much happier mood. He had recovered much more, enough to walk short distances.
"Hey master, look! Melon buns!!!" He pointed over towards a small shop. "Can we get some?!"
The old tortoise sighed. "Not right now Shifu, we need to get to Lotus Lake."
"Awwww......on our way back?"
Pain stung at Oogway's heart. "M-maybe..."
"Yaaay!" Shifu jumped excitedly.
The old master glared at him. "Shifu what have I told you about jumping?"
"Oh right..haha!" The cub sent his master a sheepish smile. "S-sorry master.."
Oogway sighed.
"So what's in the suitcase you're carrying?"
"Ummm.......just some hings for Lotti."
"Oh, okay!"
Shifu ran up to the top of the hill.
"No running! You'll open the wound."
"Sorry!"
"Mmmmm... this is the life, eh ma ma?" Peach Blossom asked as she sipped her lemonade.
"It is for you, it's not for me! Would you please help me hang up these towels?" Lotti demanded.
"Mmm....fine." Peach Blossom shrugged. She reached into the basket and pulled out a few towels. "....!" She dropped them.
"Hey!" Lotti cried.
Peach Blossom gave a happy gasp. "Cutie cub!!" She hurried up the hill and swooped Shifu up into her arms, kissing him all over.
"Noooooo! Nooooooooo! Peach Blossom, let gooooo! Eheheehehe! Stop that tickles! ahahahahaha!" She tightened her her hug.
"Oww! ow! my chest..!"
Oogway came up to them. "Peach Blossom, we're trying to heal Shifu, not crush his bones....again."
Peach Blossom gasped and quickly dropped him. "Oh my, you're right!"
Oogway caught the cub. "Which means it's probably not a god idea to drop him either..." He set Shifu down beside Peach Blossom. "Go and play with Peach Blossom Shifu, Lotti and I need to talk."
"We do?" Lotti was confused.
"Yes." Oogway said, nudging her into the house. "We do."
Lotti sighed and began washing the dishes. "So what's this big thing you have to talk to me about Master Oogway?" she laughed as hse watched Shifu and Peach Blossom playing together. "Certainly a lively little thing, isn't he? Gotta love that little cub."
Oogway took a shaky breath trying to ignore the pain piercing his heart. "D-definitely..."
"So what's up...?" Lotti asked as she began drying a plate.
Oogway opened his mouth to say something, then closed it. He took out a folded piece of paper from the suitcase and handed it to her.
As Loti scanned the paper, her eyes began to widen, she dropped the plate. It smashed to pieces on the floor. Finally she raised her horrified face to the old tortoise. "Noooo...................Are you serious..?"

(Cliffie! bahahaha!)

Preview!
Lotti shook her head as she folded up the paper and handed it back to the old tortoise. She didn't say a word.
Oogway opened the suitcase and slipped the paper back inside.
"......"
"......Lotti?"
"......"
"..Lotti?" Oogway gently touched her shoulder. "Are you oka-"
"How could you do this to him?!!" She exploded, slapping his hand of her shoulder. "What's wrong with you?! Do you not realize how this will majorly affect-if not destroy your relationship!??"
Oogway flinched slightly, and rubbed his sore hand. "Lotti, I do not want to-"
"How is Shifu going to feel?!! He won't understand this at all!!"
"Do you not think I realize that??" the old tortoise almost snapped. "Do you not think I realize that this will hurt him? Lotti...I need to do this, it's for his own safety. It's because I care about him. I was hoping you would be more understanding..." He shook his head to himself, and turned away.
Lotti's face softened. "I can be understanding.." She said softly.
Oogway turned back towards her. "I need your help Lotti, will you help me...?"

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on September 29, 2008, 5:03:32 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on September 29, 2008, 5:04:36 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHahaha! You'll have to wait and see!