Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Don't Ever Dwell On The Past

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 18 - Don't Ever Dwell On The Past

Chapter 18 - Don't Ever Dwell On The Past
(Sory I'm so late updating, but I'm currently in the process of moving to an apartment!)

Oogway eyed the red pandas sorrowfully. "You.....you are really going to leave?" He whispered.
The red pandas hung their heads low. "M.......master....we are so-"
Oogway lifted Kohaii's head up. "Hey now, it's fine. Do not appologize, it is not your fault...you do what you have to do my students. ........Y....your valley needs you."
Huge tears welled up in Shei Lia's eyes. "M...master..............we.....we love you."
Oogway nodded slowly. "I...I love you ......" He moved his eyes towards the young cub nestled in Shei Lia's arms. "All of you..."
Kohaii lifted his head trying to regain his composure. "Master, we will see you again soon..........we promise!"
Shei Lia stroked Shifu's fur on his forehead. The cub seemed to sense something was going on. His blue eyes were wide and curious, blinking slowly up at the old tortoise.
Oogway felt his heart twist painfully gazing into the innocent blue eyes. Since Shifu had been born they had all lived in the Jade Palace for four and a half months now. The old master had grown to love the tiny ball of innocence and life. He had squirmed his way into the old tortoise's heart..........which wasn't very hard to do at all.
Shei Lia looked up at her master and plopped the young cub into Oogway's arms. "We have to load our stuff into the wagon.........I'll let you have some time alone with Shifu." Taking her husband's hand she shuffled slowly towards the wagon.
Oogway gave a deep painful sigh and sunk onto the steps with the cub in his arms. "I am going to miss you Shifu...." he caressed the cub's tiny hands in his giant ones.
Shifu blinked. ".....Oo....."
Oogway laughed lightly. "Are you trying to say Oogway?"
Shifu smiled and grabbed the old tortoise's arm. "uwahh! He...he"
Oogway smiled gently and curled the cub's tail around his wrist. "Hehheh.....sooo I know you're a little young for me to be asking this but.........do you want to be a Kung Fu master when you're older?"
Shifu blinked. "Ouu.."
Oogway looked thoughtful. "Hmmm....you've been watching your parents train the past few months....so what do you think?" He chuckled. "Heh....it would be fun to train you."
Shifu gurgled and blew a rasp berry. "guuuuurr..."
Oogway smiled sadly. "I hope I'll see you again soon my little Shifu.." He nuzzled the cub's furry belly affectionately.
Shifu squealed, giggled and squirmed. "Eheehehee!"
"...Master?"
Oogway turned his head towards Shei Lia standing at the bottom step. "Mmmm....is my time with him already up Shei..?"
Shei Lia sighed sadly. "I'm sorry...."
"Don't be." Oogway gently placed the cub in Shei Lia's arms. He chuckled sadly. "Hurry up and take him before I snatch him up and run off."
Shei Lia giggled. "I...I guess we better go then..."
Kohaii walked up the steps towards his wife and master. "We better go Shei, the wagon will leave without us." He turned towards his master. "You....I.....we.."
Oogway squeezed Kohaii's lips shut. "It will take a few days for you to get out a sentence, you better go...."
"Naa!" Shifu leaned over Shei Lia's arms and grabbed at Oogway's wrist. "Oo!"
Oogway gently touched the cub's fingertips.
Shei Lia slowly retreated back towards the wagon, taking Shifu with her.
Kohaii was about to step foot into the wagon but his master stopped him.
"Kohaii!"
Kohaii turned towards the old tortoise and nodded. "........Master?"
Oogway sighed. "Promise me one thing Kohaii....................when he's six let me train him here for a little bit."
Kohaii nodded smiling. "It's a promise......."
That had defenitely been a promise well kept. Oogway opened his eyes slowly coming out of the vision of his past, blinking. "Arghh...." These stupid visions would not leave him alone!! As great as they could be, remembering his past with his loved ones, they could also be hurtful........overwhelming........he didn't want to dwell on the past! He wanted to continue his life with his student at the palace. He wanted to remember the visions of his past..........but he didn't want to be haunted by them.
"Master?"
Oogway turned towards Shifu calling his name. The young cub's eyes blinked slowly, eyeing the old tortoise with concern. "Is there something wrong? You know you can tell me!"
Oogway sighed sadly. "Hmmm...no Shifu......I'm just reminicing is all."
Shifu cocked his head. "Huh?...What's reminicing mean?"
Oogway looked thoughtful for a moment. "It means remembering the past......usually good times." He rolled his eyes. "Or in other words.....dwelling on the past." He groaned and burried his face in his arms. "Argh..."
Shifu sat down beside his master and rested his head against Oogway's side.
"..........Are you thinking of baba and ma ma?"
"...Yes."
Shifu sniffled. "I miss them master.....I...I really do."
Oogway wipped the tears off the cub's face. "I know you do my dear pupil......I do too..." He sighed and rubbed his temples. "Ugh...." He groaned and collapsed onto his back. "Hmmmmmmm.......Shifu do you remember when you came to the palace when you were young?"
The cub shook his head slowly. "Ummm.......no master."
Oogway glanced up at the shimmering full moon. "I sure do..."
Knock! Knock! Knock!
Oogway snapped out of his meditation state and glanced towards the door. "I'm coming, I'm coming.." He opened the door, and dropped his meditation candles, which split into two halves. the flames hit the carpet and licked over the small mat.
"Oh..........................oh...............my gosh..." Oogway just stood there staring frozen in amazement at the small figures standing in front of the doorway.
"Oh my!" One of the figures got to their knees and quickly patted out the flames.
"Ouuu! Dats real hot id'n it?"
"True.....true!" Kohaii quickly got to his feet. "Ahhh.......what a hard journey!"
Shei Lia's eyes filled with tears. "Oh master.......we've missed you so much!!" She threw her arms around his neck, crying softly.
Oogway was so stunned he couldn't even move. He managed to snap out of his confusion. "Oh......Shei Lia!" He wrapped his arms around her. "I.........I never thought I'd ever see you again..."
Kohaii smiled. "It's so wonderful to see you again!" He bowed.
The old master returned the bow.
"Ouu! Who dis baba? Who dis?"
Oogway's eyes snapped open, he got down on his knees. "...................................Shi..........Shifu?!"
The young cub pointed to himself. "Heehee! Dat me! Ah'm Shifu! Heehee!"
Oogway's eyes moistened. "Shifu..." He pulled the cub into a hug.
Shifu giggled. "Heehee!"
Oogway smoothed the fur on the cub's head. "Haha....you've gotten so big!"
Shifu blinked. "Ouu!" He reached towards Oogway's hand and grabbed onto his finger. "OogOog!!"
Oogway laughed. "OogOog? How cute..."
Kohaii wagged his finger at his son. "Now Shifu, I know you can't pronounce his full name, but at least try to say Mas-
WHACK!
"Ouch!!"
Oogway glared at his student. "Shame on you.....he is just a child Kohaii......OogOog is cute."
"OogOog! Heehee! I member you! You ma ma and baba's mastah....an...an mah gadan!
"Heehee....yes I am your future guardian."
"Ouuuu! Dis da powace?" Shifu's excited blue eyes moved around the room, giving a squeal as he spotted the pool of infinie wisdom at the end of the hall. "Ouuuu! A fwimming pooh!!" With that he took off full speed towards the pool.
Oogway's eyes widened. "Oh! No Shifu that's not a normal-"
SPALSH!
"............Pool.." He sighed and rubbed his temples, coming towards the cub wading in the water. "Heehee....hahahahaha!" Oogway just laughed as Shifu cheerfully padled around the sacred pool, blowing bubbles and pretending he was a steamboat.
"Shifu!!" Kohaii stomped towards the pool. "Son! Get your little rump out of that water this instant before I spank you one-"
"Kohaii!" Oogway exclaimed angrilly. "What is the matter with you? He is just a toddler." Oogway grinned as Shifu leapt out of the pool. The old tortoise giggled as Shifu shook himself dry. Oogway laughed as the watter splattered him. "Here...I'll get you a towel." A few moments later, Oogway returned with a towel and wrapped it around the cub and rubbed his dry. Shifu squealed with laughter as the old tortoise wipped his belly and underarms dry. "Noo! Noooo! It tickle!!! Heeheeheeheeheehee! Hahahahaha!"
Oogway chuckled lightly. "Oh yes.....you haven't changed a bit."
Shifu giggled and climbed up the old tortoise's back. "Piddy bat!"
Oogway grinned. "If you want an actual piggyback I could round up a bunch of pigs from the valley if you want."
Shifu giggled and sat on the old master's head. "Ah'm king of da turtle!"
"Shifu!!" Shei Lia exclaimed, placing her hands on her hips. "Where are your manners?!"
Oogway smiled. "Relax Shei Lia......he is just being a kid. We don't want him growing up that fast..do we?"
Shifu slid down Oogway's back and ran in front of him. "Hey OogOog, how you det tho oh'd?"
The parents looked positively horrified."Shi-Shifu!!"
Oogway blinked and burst out laughing. "My my! You are the curious one, aren't you?"
Shei Lia sighed. "I'm so sorry master.....he's not usually so rude!"
Oogway rolled his eyes. "Pfft..he's a child Shei Lia, what do you expect of him?"
Kohaii glared at his son. "we expected him to be a bit more behaved! Shifu we told you already! You do not speak to the founder of Kung Fu like that!!"
Oogway shook his head. "Kohaii.......let him be." He bent down to the cub's level. "To answer your question the years......and training your parents are what made me so old!"
Kohaii and Shei Lia fought off a huge blush. "H-hey!"
Oogway ruffled the cub's fur affectionately. "Would you like a snack little one?"
"Yes pwease!!"
Oogway laughed lightly. "See? He has manners."
The two parents exchanged skeptical looks and followed their master.
"Iniside my heart....there burns a light, that lights my way all through my life. It keeps burning....burning...burning every day lighting my road to success, in hopes I always do my best That light will burn brighter...for as long as I love. And that light will never go out for love will guide my way. Always having a purpose...that will forever stay..." He sang softly, rocking he drowzy cub in his arms. Shifu just laid there in the old tortoise's arms, eyes closing slowly.
Oogway chuckled softly. "I see you love my lullaby..."
Shifu blinked slowly. "Ouuu.."
Peering down at the young cub in his arms, his heart filling with love for the tiny creature. "Heh....how much longer is this going to last...?"
"About a couple weeks."
"Hmm?" Oogway turned towards the voice coming from the doorway. "Oh...Kohaii."
Kohaii smiled and walked towatds his master. "We're staying for a couple weeks....if that's alright with you."
"Of course!"
"Shifu really loves you....when the time comes you'll be a fantastic godfather to him..."
Oogway opened his eyes, awakening from another vision. "Hmmm.......Shifu you should probably head back to be now."
The cub nodded. "Okay then.....good night master!" With that he scurried off.
The old tortoise closed his eyes, a wind rippled across his reptile skin and the air filled with a cool breeze.
Drip...drip...drip
Water? Yes water! But how? Oogway shot his eyes open. A small fountain was in front of him, water trickled over the jaged rocks and puddled into the tub of the fountain. ..........Was he in the Astral Plains?
A mist clouded the sky, Oogway could ear distant whispers and he could make out a couple odd shapes in the distance.
"I tell you...there may be no pain there, but there is certainly a great amount of fatique you can gain from long distance travel!"
"Yes....who knew?"
The shapes emerged from the fog.
Oogway couldn't believe his eyes as he gazed at them. They were wearing satin luminous white gowns, and smelled of flowers. Their eyes were bright and sparkling like the sun bouncing on the ocean's reflection.
".....................................................Sh-Shei Lia...? K-K-Kohaii..?"
Both the red panda angels smiled at their old master.
Kohaii stepped forward and bowed. "Long time no see Grand Master Oogway..."
"......Kohaii..." Oogway shakily returned the bow. "You....you're here!"
Kohaii laughed. "You didn't think we were going to leave you high and dry did you?"
Shei Lia clutched onto her husband's hand. "We were waiting for the right time to come...We've been watching you both....and I can't say how proud we are of you master, you've done so much.......you nearly almost sacraficed yourself for Shifu...."
Kohaii nodded. "Which reminds me." He stepped forward and brushed his hand over Oogway's back where the arrow had stabbed him. "There you go!" He untied the bandage around Oogway's back. "Good as new!" The red panda twirled his hands in front of his wife. "See Shei Lia? I told you! I sooo told you! Hands of magic!!"
Shei Lia crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.
Oogway laughed. They had not changed the slightest bit. Kohaii was still the confident, loyal but annoying husband to his wife. While Shei Lia was still the saccharine honey suckle that got annoyed quite easily.
The old tortoise shook his head. "My word.....you have not changed a bit."
Kohaii grinned goofily. "Yeeeeaahh....they say I'm one of the most annoying of the angels up there!"
Oogway laughed harder. "So I'm not surprised..."
Shei Lia smiled. "Well....we've been watching you master...we know you and Shifu have been grieving but don't be." She smiled and closed her eyes. "We're completely at peace now...we're at a place where we can always keep an eye on you...we're always with you."
Oogway nodded slowly. "I...I know.."
Shei Lia stepped towards him and embraced him tearfully. "We love you.."
Kohaii chuckled. "You know I'm not the touchy-feely type...but I'll make an exception for this!" He too joined the hug.
Oogway held his pupils tightly not letting go, but he could feel his grip start to slip, their voices were becoming so far away.
"Tell Shifu that we love him!"
Oogway opened his eyes slowly. Had it been a dream?
"Master!"
"Hmm?"
Shifu came scurrying up to him. "Where did you go? It's like you had vanished when I came out here earlier! And-!!!! Hey!! Where is your wound on your back?!"
Oogway reached around and felt his back. It hadn't been a dream! "......Oh my gosh..."
Shifu eyed him quizzicaly.
Oogway smiled, that settled it. "Shifu?"
"Yes?"
"Your parents want me to tell you that they love you..."

(Heehee? What did you think? Was it heartwarming? Are you in tears now? ..Hehe!)

Previeeeeewww!!

"New Neighbours? Really?!!! Wow! Who are they Master..?"
Oogway chuckled nervously. "Fr-friends of the family I suppose."
"Wow! And we're going to go have dinner with them?"
Oogway smiled. "Yes, it is our duty to make all newcomers feel welcome."
"I can't wait to meet them!" Shifu gushed.
Oogway smiled awkwardly. I sure can. He thought, as they made their way to the house. The old tortoise knocked on the door. "We're here!" He sang.
"Welcoooooooome!" the voice sang in reply.
Shifu grinned. "Wow, she sounds nice!"
The door creaked open, Shifu's face fell instantly. He couldn't believe who it was!

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment