Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Surprise! Surprise!

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 19 - Surprise! Surprise!

Chapter 19 - Surprise! Surprise!
(Well here we go, the beginning is freak'n hilarious! Hahaha! You'll love this chapter! ......Untill the end, then you'll most likely hate me...hehehe!)

Oogway sighed as he slowly made his way down the halls of the bunk house searching for Shifu. The moment the cub had heard the bath taps turn on he had scammpered off with light speed. Both him and Oogway dreaded this time of the day: the after dinner bath! Shifu could be literally imposible to get in the tub. (Like every normal young tot.) When Oogway had first bathed the young cub (at the tender age of three) Shifu had him and Kohaii running all around the palace chasing him. When they finally got him to the tub he screamed, thrashed, and kicked untill both the old tortoise and the red panda were black and blue. After an hour Oogway finally caught the toddler by the arm and placed him in time out for a long three minutes. Since then Shifu had been as stubborn as a muel. Of course as he began to age it became easier to bathe the young cub, he no longer screamed and fought as much, but he still made himself stiff, clung on to the side of the tub and snarled like a wild animal. Shaking his head slightly to himself he continued searching for his student.
Meanwhile Shifu had wedged himself under his bed, he could hear his master's footsteps in the other room. Shifu was relieved that he had amazing stealth, and could be as quiet as a mouse when he needed it. Now was defenitely the time for his stealth!
"Shifu?"
Tensing up, Shifu scrunched up to the back of the bed.
"Shifu....I can see your tail."
Darn it! Shifu griamced. What luck! Having a long tail really did have it's disadvantages when you were trying to hide. Quietly he grabbed his tail and tucked it under the bed with him.
Oogway rolled his eyes and kneeled down beside the bed. "What is the use of doing that? I already saw you."
"............I dunno" The cub murmured.
Oogway sighed. "Would you please just come out..?"
"...No"
"Come out."
"No."
"Right now."
"No."
"Come on."
"No."
"Let's go."
"No."
"Shifu!"
"No! No! No! Noooo! I'm not coming! So there!" Angrilly, the cub crossed his arms and turned his back to his master.
Oogway groaned and held his head. Arghh...why do you always have to make this so difficult for the both of us? Just get it over with."
"No."
"Why do you hate baths so much? You love water."
Shifu rolled his eyes. "Ugh..I love water. I hate baths! I don't like being scrubbed and slimy with shampoo!"
"Well....to bad, if you want to be a master you need to remember your personal hygene.
"...No."
Oogway was becoming very impatient. "Shifu." He said sternly. "If you don't get in that tub right now I'm going to-" He paused thinking of a punishment. The old tortoise smirked slightly. "Take away your melon buns." He didn't need to say it twice, Shifu practically flew by him and jumped into the tub with a huge splash. Oogway couldn't help but laugh. Shifu loved melon buns and it would be the worst punishment if those were ever taken away.It was only when his master threatened to ground him, Shifu would dive into the tub. "Alright." Oogway said as he laid out a towel and blue buttoned footsie pajamas on the counter. "Wash up-don't forget your ears, then meet me under the peach tree for some meditation before bed, alright?"
"...Fiiiine.." The cub sighed, resting his chin in his hand. Something floated up and popped in his face. "..?!"
Pop! Pop!
Oogway chuckled as he poured some bubbles in the tub. "Mmmm I thought this would spice it up a little."
Shifu gave a childish squeal and reached up, giggling as he began popping the bubbles.
Pleased with himself, Oogway slipped out the door and let the cub enjoy his bath.
"Mmmmm...what is that scent?" Oogway asked as he and Shifu made their way through the valley.
Shifu sunk his teeth into the soft bread of his delicious dessert and chewed nosily. "Hmmm....my melon buns?"
Oogway shook his head. "Noo...it's the smell of sweet green apples."
Shifu blushed, giggling. "My shampoo..."
"Hehheh..." Oogway poked he cub's nose affectionately. "You see? People do notice when you bathe."
Shifu rolled his eyes smiling. "Mmhmm......sooo...where are we going master?"
Oogway grinned. "We're going to welcome some new neighbours to the valley. And have dinner with them."
"New Neighbours? Really?!!! Wow! Who are they Master..?"
Oogway chuckled nervously. "Fr-friends of the family I suppose."
"Wow! And we're going to go have dinner with them?"
Oogway smiled. "Yes, it is our duty to make all newcomers feel welcome."
"I can't wait to meet them!" Shifu gushed.
Oogway smiled awkwardly. I sure can. He thought, as they made their way to the house. The old tortoise knocked on the door. "We're here!" He sang.
"Welcoooooooome!" the voice sang in reply.
Shifu grinned. "Wow, she sounds nice!"
The door creaked open, Shifu's face fell instantly. He couldn't believe who it was!
"Ugh! What are you doing here pipsqueak?!" Wu Lian demanded, clearly disgusted.
"Speak for yourself! Why are you in the Valley?"
"Didn't I tell you? Or are you that stupid that you don't remember?"
Shifu gave her a wide eyed glare. "What did you just say?! You little-"
Wu Lian gave a scornful laugh. "Ha! Look who's talking small fry!"
"You're going to regret saying that!" Shifu lunged for her, but Oogway roughly pulled him back.
"Shifu please don't start..."
Shifu sighed, flattened his ears back against his head and scowled.
Mei Lian stepped outside with them. "Oh, Shifu! What a wonderful surprise to see you!"
"Mei!!" He grinned as she gave him a fond pat on the head, then turned towards Oogway. "So what time will you have her back?"
Oogway smiled. "At around six thirty, is that okay?"
"Fine."
"Great, don't worry we'll take care of her."
Shifu was livid. "What?!!! You mean we have to spend the whole freak'n day with her?!!!"
Oogway sighed. "Do not yell Shifu..." He grabbed the two cub's hands and began walking away. "I'll see you after Mei!" He called over his shoulder.
"Where are we going Master?" Shifu asked as he peered around at all the shops and houses.
"To a friends house." Was the old tortoise's answer.
Oogway walked up behind one of the houses. "Stay here for a moment children."
Wu Lian gave a huff. "Argh....I'm not looking forward to this day!" she growled. "Spending precious moments of my life with the teacher's pet!"
Shifu could feel himself beginning to fume. "You rat!!"
"Ouuuuuu!! Who is this?!!" Ming Yang scammpered up to them, her eyes sparkling with curiousity. "Who are you?"
Wu Lian smiled and walked up to the young bunny. "My name is Wu Lian, and yours?"
"Ming Yang! I'm Shifu's best friend since birth!"
"...?!! You're best friends with mickey mouse here?!"
".......Yes."
"Ugh! Why?"
Shifu glared at Wu Lian. "Ugh!" He said, immitating her. "Do you always have to ask so much questions?!"
"Alright, alright. Peace my students..."
Everyone turned their attention to Oogway, who was walking towards them.
Shifu smiled. "Oh...master!............Hi!"
Oogway peered down at the young cub not smiling nor frowning. "Hello Shifu..."
Shifu bowed his head. "I have a punishment don't I?"
"Yes, if you don't start behaving you do."
The cub sighed and muttered angrilly, stepping aside to join his fellow "classmates." ".........St-students?! No way! Wu Lian is now your student too?!"
Oogway nodded. "Yes. One day a week."
Shifu groaned and pretended to faint. ".....Ugh..."
"Sooo....Master Oogway what are we doing? Why are we going to the palace? To train?" Wu Lian asked curiously.
Oogway smiled mysteriously. "...Fun training Wu Lian."
The three of them made their way up the palace steps, the young children were bubbling with excitement. Fun training? What could it be? They couldn't wait! Were they going on some kind of journey? Were they finally going to try the master's secret training course?! ..........Okay, maybe that was taking it a bit to far but it had to be something really really really really cool! The children reached the top of the mountain, gasping for breath. Even Oogway was slightly panting.
"Whew.....heheh....hot t-today." He wiped his forehead free of sweat. "Alright my students, wait right here." With that he made his way towards the Hall of Heroes.
"Ouuuuuuuuu!!!" Ming Yang squealed, hugging Shifu joyfully. "What do you think it is?! What is it?!!"
Shifu hopped up and down as well. "Ouuuu I don't know Mingy! I think it will be fun though!"
Even Wu Lian's eyes were sparkling with a great amount of excitement. "It's going to be great! I can't wait!!"
The children were cut off as everything went pitch black. Oogway had tied blindfolds to their eyes.
"Oh..!" Shifu exclaimed. "What's going on?"
Smiling, the old tortoise guided his students towards the back enterance to the palace. "Alright now..." He untied their blindfolds.
"Oh!"
"Amazing!"
The children screamed joyfully and jumped up and down. "Oh I don't believe it!!"
"Are we dreaming?!!"

(Bahahahaha!! Another cliffie, what's the surprise? You have to wait and find out!)

Chapter preview!!

"Shifu!"
"Oh my god, is he breathing?!"
"Shifu?! Speak to me!"
"Oh my god! Is he dead?!"
"Wake up!!"
Shifu didn't speak a word, he didn't blink, he lay completely still....
Was he going to wake up?

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on October 17, 2008, 8:36:18 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on October 17, 2008, 11:50:22 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHeehee! You really love Ming Yang! Yes the beginning was suposed to be hilarious! You'd never expect Shifu to be so disrespectful to his master (but like every tot) of course he would when it came to bathing!

Hahahaha! Don't worry, I'm writting the chapter right now, will be up tomorrow!

kaptainkitty on October 16, 2008, 4:52:16 PM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkittyThose last two updates were really good! I thouroughly enjoyed them! :D I especially like the bathing scene. That was quite comical.

But there's just one thing I don't like. You ended with a cliff-hanger, you MEANIE!!! :P Please don't be long to update. PLEASE!!!