Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - A Dangerous Competition

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 20 - A Dangerous Competition

Chapter 20 - A Dangerous Competition
(Da da da daaaaaaaaaa! You finally get to know what the big surprise is! Are you ready...?)

"A trampoline?!"
"A trampoline!!!!"
"Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!"
Screaming with excitement the children bounced around squealing.
Shifu's eyes sparkled with amazement, and he qivered with excitement. "Master Oogway, how on earth could you afford this?!"
Oogway's eyes held a mysterious shine in them. "It's a secret my little Shifu...."
"Awww...."
The old tortoise stepped up to the trampoline and patted it, smiling. "So what do you think?"
Shifu and Ming Yang both exchanged grins, before pouncing on the old tortoise.
"Oomph!"
Oogway fell backwards, the blindfolds flew from his hands. The two children were babbling so fast Oogway could hardly understand them.
"Ohmygodthankyousomuchmasterweloveyou!!!!"
"You'rethebestmasterOogwaythisisamazing!!!!"
Both kids were bubbling with excitement. Ming Yang was hugging him and nuzzling him, while Shifu just sort of jumped up and down on Oogway's chest.
It was to much for Oogway who laughed and sat up, taking Ming Yang (who was clinging onto his neck) with him.
Shifu was about to explode with excitement. "Can we go on it now?!"
Oogway chucled lightly and nodded. "Of course Shifu..." He lowered his head and Ming Yang tumbled down his chest and landed on the soft bouncy material.
Shifu grinned and turned towards the young red panda beside him. "Wu Lian! What are you waiting for?! Come on!"
Wu Lian grabbed Shifu's hand, they both ran up to the trampoline and hopped up the side.
"Alright! This is great!" Shifu shouted joyfully doing sumersaults in the air.
Oogway smiled. "This will help develop balance and flexability. ...For now you can just play for today, okay?"
"Yay!"
After fifteen minutes of jumping about, the kids were trying to think of some games they could play.
Wu Lian tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm......I've got it! Let's play.......mini olympics!"
Ming Yang blinked up at the red panda. "What..?"
Wu Lian's eyes sparkled. "Yeah, it'll be fun! While one of us are performing, the other one judges!"
"Why not let Master Oogway judge us?"
"You know he wouldn't judge very fairly. He'd just say we were all equally good, and that he doesn't pick favorites..." Wu Lian rolled her eyes.
Ming Yang turned her head towards Oogway who was flipping through a book.
"Okay!" Wu Lian announced. "Since I thought of the idea I'm going first!"
Shifu sighed. "Whatever..."
Wu Lian smiled. "And the first theme is "dance!"
Shifu groaned. "Awwwwwwwww!!! Dance?! I hate dance!" That wasn't particullarily true......he loved dance, but was not very good at it, and knew Ming Yang was.
Wu Lian reached into her ruby colored vest and pulled out two fans. They were a beige color with pink tulips on them, and a turquoise handle. "Master Oogway!" She called.
The old tortoise turned his head towards the female cub. "What is it Wu Lian?"
"Do you have any......hmmmm...say majestic music?"
".....I will see"
"Thank you."
Oogway came back out a few moments later holding a reccord player. "How's the song "Beautiful Lotus?"
Wu Lian gave a gasp, and then a dreamy sigh. "Beautiful Lotus?! Are you serious?! That's my favorite song, ever!!"
"Then here you go." With that, Oogway placed the needle on the reccord and a soft, beautiful, angelic tone emitted from the speakers.
Wu Lian amazed them.
"Oh..............my.........gosh.." Shifu just stared, eyes as wide as saucers as he and Ming Yang observed the young cub. She was as majestic like an angel......and graceful like a rolling wave. Waving her fan around she completely mezmerized the two young children. She finished off bowing and closing her fans, shading her face with them and smiling mysteriously.
Shifu just stared. She was amazing! ..........She looked so pretty...URK! Did he just actually think that?!
Wu Lian smiled at her fellow classmates and master. "How did I do?"
Shifu cleared his throat, thankful he could blame the sun for the redness tinting his cheeks. "....Uhhh..........that was..........f-fine." He faltered, trying to sound cool and casual.
Oogway got up from his seat, shaking his head, awestruck. "Wu Lian..." He breathed. "You were amazing! How on earth did you learn to dance so well?"
Wu Lian just shrugged like it was no big deal. "My mother....she was known in Tokoro Valley for her dancing."
"......I see..."
"Wu Lian! That. Was. AMAZING!!" Ming Yang squealed, hugging the red panda.
Wu Lian laughed. "Thanks Ming Yang, I'm sure you'll be good too!"
Ming Yang giggled. "I've been taking lessons since I was two!"
Wu Lian grinned. "Two years old? Wow, I can't wait!"
Shifu sighed sadly. He knew Ming Yang would be amazing...she had won two medals for dance competitions.
"A hot beat Master Oogway!"
"Got it, got it.." Oogway said as he flipped the reccord on the other side.
A tango like song began to play, and Ming Yang ripped into a series of moves. Twirls, spins, jumps, flips, including spinning on her head!
Shifu was shocked. Had Ming Yang been practicing this song ever since he left her?! It sure did seem that way!
Doing a few back flips she landed doing a perfect splits.
Everyone clapped.
"Alright Ming Yang! Wooooh!" Wu Lian whooped cheerfully.
"You were wonderful!" Oogway exclaimed joyfully.
"........................I'm doomed." Was all poor Shifu managed to say.
"You're up pip squeak!" Wu Lian said, pushing him up to his feet.
Shifu was frozen. He could dance, his mother had taught him quite a bit, but could he really out dance these stars?! Only one way to find out.... "M-master...? A normal beat please."
The reccord started playing.
Gingerly Shifu took a step, he looked very nervous.
Wu Lian smiled lightly at the terrified red panda. "Hey squirt, relaaaax...."
Taking a deep breath Shifu began swaying with the music, he did a few sharp steps with his small feet, and a couple swift turns. Within a few moments Shifu had begun to really get in the music! Right now..all he cared about was beating the girls in this competition. Soon he began to do extraordinary things, some of the moves were very complex, and the smiles instantly faded into worried frowns on the children's and the old master's face.
"Shifu..?" Wu Lian asked, now concerned. "I think you're getting a little to relaxed!"
Ignoring them, Shifu sped up the pace as he began to sweat.
Oogway frowned slightly. "Shifu..." He said sternly. "Enough."
Shifu spun so fast he became a blur of colors. He then attempted to do he most crazziest and stupidest thing the cub could have ever done! He did a triple backflip, his grin faded quickly, his eyes went wide in panic. Something had gone very wrong. Shifu landed awkwardly on his side and flew up into the air. The red panda was thrown off the trampoline.
The girls screamed.
The terror wasn't quite finished yet. As Shifu flew off the side, his left arm caught in the rungs of the metal holding up the trampoline. Gravity pulled Shifu forwards, but the trampoline wrenched him backwards. A sickening crack ripped through the air followed by a loud pop. Shifu's eyes buldged wide, his mouth gapped open in silent terror as he flipped over the railing and crumpled to a heap on the ground.
The girls uttered shrill screams of terror.
Oogway was at his feet at once, and by the cub's side.
"Shifu!"
"Oh my god, is he breathing?!"
"Shifu?! Speak to me!"
"Oh my god! Is he dead?!"
"Wake up!!"
"He's going to diiiiiiiieee!!!!"
"Should we call an ambulance?!"
"We're on a mountain you idiot! An ambulance can't get up here!!"
"........A ambu coppter?"
"What?!"
"Come down you two." Oogway said frowning. "I need to check him." He bent down to Shifu's level. "Shifu are you alright? Please...say something."
Shifu didn't speak a word, he didn't blink, he lay completely still....
Was he going to wake up?

(Oh yeah............I know! HAHAHAHA!! I fooled you all! You thought I was going to resolve the cliffies from the other chapter, but I only resolved one, haha! Nyaa nyaa nya nyaaaaaaaaaaa!)

Preview!!

"....." Shifu looked around helplessly. If only Ming Yang and Wu Lian hadn't left. He knew he'd be punished and lectured for hours! If his friends were here Oogway wouldn't be able to scold the cub very much, not with his other classmates in the same room.
Oogway was silent. He hadn't spoken a word for almost two minutes now, it was killing the cub!
Say something master! Shifu pleaded silently. Even if you yell! Even if you lecture, just say something!
Oogway opened his eyes. His expression was cold and angry.
Shifu cringed and squinted his eyes shut. He was in for it now...

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

pixiebell on October 18, 2008, 7:33:30 AM

pixiebell on
pixiebellthats so cute and it is some what funny and its good story aswell. oh ok sis

chaos_kitten8 on October 18, 2008, 2:42:10 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on October 18, 2008, 3:22:34 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHahahaha! Well, yes! Imagine if you were a little girl and your caretaker had bought you a trampoline! Wouldn't you be jumping up and down on them?

Oh, yes...the ending. Shifu is really in for it now! What was he thinking? Oogway is definetely not going to let him off the hook! Not when they find out the extent of his injuries....

chaos_kitten8 on October 18, 2008, 6:10:36 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on October 20, 2008, 10:07:13 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinXD