Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 26 - Reunion At Last

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 26 - Reunion At Last

Chapter 26 - Reunion At Last
(In this chapter Leona and Shifu deperately search for the Jade Palace, while Oogway desperately searches for Shifu.............but will they finally meet up?)

"Uhhh.." Ming Yang blinked, her head was pounding. "Ohhhh.......where am I..?" The young girl touched her head gingerly. "Ohh...that hurts.." Where am I? !? Oh, The Forest of Tranquility! Hey I know my way to the palace from here! Yaaaay! Shifu's probably waiting for me at the palace. Quickly, the young bunny got to her feet and ran throught the peaceful woods.
"Dooo doo doo doo doo dii dooooo!" Shifu sang as he twirled and skipped around the bushes as they walked.
Leona looked back at him. "..I thought you had an injured leg?"
Shifu grinned. "I do, but compared to getting my chest sliced open from Giao Xun... a cut leg is as minor as a small knee scrape!"
Leona did a double take. "You had your chest sliced open?"
"Uhhuhhhh...but I'm okay now!" He giggled.
The vixen blinked. "Are you always this cheerful..?"
The young cub chuckled. "Sometimes...I guess I'm just happy to have a friend again!"
Leona was silent for a moment. "I'm lucky to have my first friend..." She said softly.
Now it was Shifu's turn to do a double take. "What?! You've never had friends before....?"
The fox sighed. "...No..not really. I was close with my siblings but that's it."
The red panda turned towards her."You had siblings..?"
"Yeah. "Jia Li" my twelve year old sister. "Jiao Lei" my five year old sister, and my three year old sister "Ling Lan. Giao Xun killed Jia Li and Jiao Lei.....but Ling Lan had disapeared. They never found her, I hope someone took her in.....I hope she's safe."
Shifu's face was creased with sympathy. "That all happened just two days ago..?"
The fox nodded. "I.......I miss my family." She sobbed and burried her face in her hands. "My siblings and parents were the only ones who ever loved a crybaby like me!" She sobbed again.
Frowning, the cub draped his arm around her shoulder. "Hey.." He said gently. "Quit putting yourself down like that! Master Oogway will definitely accept you!"
She didn't calm down.
The cub tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Hmmm........oh!" He smiled at her. "Once you move into the palace we'll legally be brother and sister!!"
Leona uncovered her face slightly. "Wh..what..?"
Shifu was positively beaming. "Yeah! Once Master Oogway takes in a student they're legally his son or daughter!"
The vixen was shocked. "Wow..really..??"
Shifu's eyes sparkled. "Yeah!"
Leona smiled lightly. "That would be fun..."
The red panda giggled. "Of course it would be! I've always wanted a sister, Ming Yang and Wu Lian .....in a way they're like my sisters."
The fox cocked her head. "Who's Ming Yang and Wu Lian?"
Shifu smiled. "Ming Yang and Wu Lian are Master Oogway's "part time" students. They don't live at the palace though." Thank god..
Leona looked thoughtful. "I'd like to meet them Chifu.
The red panda scowled. "Shifu.."
Leona clapped her hand over her mouth. "Oh I'm sorry, so sorry."
The young cub flicked his wrist. "Naaw..don't worry about it Leona."
The vixen peered down at Li who was rubbing against her legs. "....So who owns the kitten?" She bent down and scooped Li up in her arms.
Shifu shrugged. "Mmm.......Ming Yang found her before the Typhoon. We don't know who owns her, all of us I guess."
Leona tickled Li under the chin. "She's real cute."
Shifu nodded. "Uh-huh!"
GrRRRRRrrrrrrrrr....
The fox turned towards Shifu.
"Ummm......." The young cub blushed. "Heehee.....my belly's kind of hungry."
Leona's mouth twitched. "Hmmhmm!" She sighed and rubbed her belly too. "I'm hungry too...maybe we can find some berries or something......"
Shifu laughed, got down on his knees and opened the small rucksack. "That won't be necessary." He dumped the contents of the bag on the ground.
Leona's eyes went wide. "Wow.."
"What would you like? Milk, water, bread, cheese, chicken, eggs, onions, apples, butter, cookies, or tofu?"
The vixen rubbed her furry chin and then reached out to grab some cheese, bread and butter. "Where did you get all this food Chifu?"
His left eye twitched. "Shifu!"
"Oh I'm sorry, so sorry."
"Mew!"
Leona and Shifu glanced down at Li, who was licking her lips and eyeing the milk hungrilly.
Shifu giggled and poured some milk into a small bowl.
Leona's eyes sparkled. "Wow...you really have everything! Where'd you get it?"
The red panda chuckled. "I was washed down into the hut of eternal food and everything you need to survive in the wilderness!"
The vixen smiled slightly, she bit down into the soft cheese. It's really good."
He giggled. "Nice and fresh, eh?"
"Very."
Shifu grinned. "Good!" He reached down to take a few cubes of chicken. "....!! H-hey!?" He franticly rummaged through the bag. Angrilly the cub glared down at a certain little kitten who was satisfyingly licking her lips.
Oogway winced with pain an bit his lip as Ying Mi carefully cleaned out the deep cuts he had recieved from the sharp glass shards.
Ying Mi sighed. "I know it probably isn't very polite to call the founder of Kung Fu this buuuuuuuutttt.....you idiot!"
He flinched.
"What were you thinking?! Going out searching in this condition?! You're lucky you haven't gotten blood poisoning!!"
The old tortoise sighed. "Yes Ying Mi......I understand it was a stupid thing-"
"A very stupid thing!"
"Well...I kind of care more about the safety of my dear student then I do myself."
Ying Mi rolled her eyes. "Ugh! That's so sweet.." She said sarcasticlly. "Sweet and stupid!"
"Ma maaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!"
Ying Mi froze. "Wh-where did that sound come from? Am I hearing things?! "
"Ma maaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!"
Oogway beamed. "Ying Mi, you're not hearing things!"
Ying Mi dashed towards the door, Oogway limped close behind her.
"Ma maaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!"
"MING YANG!!"
"MA MAAA!!" The young bunny picked up speed and dove into her mother's arms. "MAMA!" She sobbed. "Ma ma..."
Ying Mi held her daughter, both were crying. "My baby! You're alright!"
Oogway limped up towards them, eyes shinning. "Ming Yang..! Thank goodness..."
Ming Yang looked up towards the old master. "Master Oogway!!" She broke free from her mother's arms and jumped on him instead. (As everyone does from her hugs) he went flying down on his back, the young bunny nuzzling his neck affectionately.
Oogway smoothed the bunny's head lovingly. "We were so worried..."
Ming Yang smiled. "Don't worry Master Oogway, I'm alright! I have a pounding headache........but that's all!"
Oogway raised his eyebrows. "That's a surprise..."
Ying Mi put her hands on her hips. "Young lady, do you have any idea how foolish you behaved?! You could have been killed in that tsunami!"
Ming Yang's eyes watered. "B-but-"
"But nothing! " Her mother snapped. "Honestly Ming Yang, you could have died!"
Oogway gently placed a hand on Ming Yang's head. "Alright Ying Mi, relax. The important thing right now is that she's alive and well."
Ming Yang beamed. "Right I am! Healthy and safe!" Her eyes scanned the area excitedly. "Where's Shifu?! I want to talk to him!!"
Oogway and Ying Mi exchanged worried glances.
Ming Yang's smile vanished immidiately, tears filled her eyes, her face twisted with pain. "Nooo..."
"Are you serious?" Leona asked incrediously. "You're really that stubborn to get into a tub?"
Shifu giggled and blushed. "Heehee, yeah! I hate baths!"
Leona gave a tiny grin. "Wow..."
Shifu laughed. "So what kind of things do you hate?"
The vixen looked thoughtful. "Hmmm..........I hate it when people fight."
Shifu's eyes went wide. "Huh? That's a weird dislike." He frowned.
Leona's eyes went wide. "Oh, did I say something wrong? I'm sorry, so sorry."
THe cub pursed his lips. "Do you know what else I hate?"
"What?"
"How you won't stop appologizing!"
"Oops I'm sorry, so sorry."
"....Ughhhhh...."
The sun began to fall over the hills, the air was draped with a dark veil, tiny sparkling stars lit the sky with a vibrant glow.
Shifu tapped his chin. "Hmmmmm........we should probably set a place here in the forest to sleep. I have blankets."
Leona smiled lightly. "You really do have everything..."
Shifu chuckled. "It helps to find an unoccupied hut!"
Within only a half hour, it was pitch black. Completely dark, the two children could scarcely see. They snuggled deep under the covers and chewed on some cookie pieces.
Shifu shivered. "I don't know.... I think I'll go find some wood and try to make a fire.
The vixen nodded. "Okay.."
With that, the cub ran deeper into the forest, Li trailing close behind him. He brushed away a few branches and continued towards a small spring. Wind blew deep into his fur.
"Shifu..." A voice whispered in the wind.
The cub's ears perked up in confusion. "Huh?"
"Shifu..."
Li's ears perked up. "Mew..?"
"Shifu..."
The cub twisted his finger in his ear. "What is that? Am I imagining things.....is that ma ma?"
Li looked up at him.
Shifu listened intently. "Shifu..." The cub violently shook his head. "..? Maybe I should check it out." With that, he hurried deep into the forest.
"Master Oogway?"
The old tortoise turned towards the voice speaking his name. "Oh, Ying Mi...how is Ming Yang?"
Ying Mi shook her head sadly. "She cried herself to sleep."
"........I see..." Oogway turned towards the cliff off of the Peach Tree of Heavenly Wisdom. "I may-as-well take another look before heading back to bed."
Ying Mi shook her head. "Master Oogway....you're not going to find him tonight, it's late....go to sleep."
Oogway shook his head. "No, Ying Mi I cannot rest untill he is found. When one has concerns deep withing their minds, they cannot rest untill all is settled in their thoughts..........even for the both of us."
Ying Mi cocked her head, she never did get Oogway's philosophical riddles. "Okaaay.... I'll see you then."
Oogway nodded, and walked towards The Forest of Tranquility.
Leona rubbed her eyes sleepily, Shifu had been gone for a while and she was starting to get worried. "Shifu..?" She pulled aside some branches and followed tiny footprints made in the soft and moist dirt. "Shifuuuu..?"
Meanwhile, Shifu was hurrying through the forest, trying to find the source of the voice. "Baba..? Ma ma...? Is that you?"
"Yes..."
Shifu turned every which way. "Baba?! Ma ma?! Where are you?!"
"Shifu...."
"Wh-wha..? Wh-who-?!"
"Shifu...over the hill.."
The cub's eyes widened. "....Ma ma? B-baba..?"
"Shifu..."
"Ma ma!" Shifu looked around. "Ma ma, where are you?!"
"Shifu...........over the hill..."
"W-what?"
"Come over the hill..."
Shifu got to his feet, and ran as fast as he could, he hurried up the soft dew covered grass, and down the hill. He gave a sharp gasp. The young cub clapped his hands to his mouth, tears in his eyes. "O-oh my gosh..."
The old tortoise slowly turned, blinking slightly, his eyes widened. "Shifu....??"

(Hehehe! A slight cliffie, I guess. Oh! And I'm not quite sure if Oogway has eyebrows or not, it just sort of fit the mood. Been a while since I made o'l OogOog sound philosophical.....hope it turned out right!)
Leona-means nothing...(I just thought it was cool. XD!) (Means lion in latin though.........*shrugs* aww well! I'm not changing it!)
Jia Li-good and beautiful (Chinese)
Jiao Lei-beautiful lovable flower bud (Chinese)
Ling Lan-delicate orchrid (Chinese)

Preview of the next chapter!
Tears quivered in Ming Yang's eyes, but she tried to remain strong. "Heehe.d-don't worry ma ma! I'll be fine staying here....."
Ying Mi gave a quiet sob. "I hope so......hunny this is only for your own safety. We can't take you back to the valley with us, it's far to dangerous..."
Ming Yang nodded bravely. "I-I know...."
Mei Lian kissed her daughter's forehead. "I love you dear..."
Wu Lian smiled at her mother, tears shinning in her eyes. "I-I love you too ma ma." She embraced her tightly.
"Good-bye Shifu.....we'll see eachother soon right?" Ying Mi asked the young red panda.
He smiled. "Of course......in no time at all."
Ying Mi stood up and looked at Oogway straight in the eyes. "Will you take good care of her master?"
The old tortoise nodded gravely. "It's a promise..." He whispered.

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kaptainkitty on October 25, 2008, 3:54:16 PM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkittyAwww!!! That last part, with Shifu's mama guiding him to Oogway... that was just so touching!

And yes, your dialogue for Oogway was spoy on :D

Well, off to read the next chapter (considering it's now posted teehee)

pixiepumpkin on October 27, 2008, 5:08:46 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHeehee, I tried to make it as touching as I could.

kaptainkitty on October 27, 2008, 7:43:45 PM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkittyWell you did a bang up job, my friend! :)

pixiepumpkin on October 27, 2008, 9:28:40 PM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

pixiebell on October 26, 2008, 8:03:39 AM

pixiebell on
pixiebellawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thats cute loloololol

caden17 on October 25, 2008, 4:03:40 AM

caden17 on
caden17not bad, not bad at all

EscribirZeichnenRever on October 23, 2008, 12:08:38 PM

EscribirZeichnenRever on
EscribirZeichnenReverAWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Shifu's mama guided him to Oogway!! So sweet!!!!!

And I have to say, you did awesome at Oogway's dialogue in this chapter; it sounded pretty much just like him! :)

pixiepumpkin on October 23, 2008, 1:34:06 PM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinARE YOU SERIOUS?! YAAAYY!! I'M USUALLY HORRIBLE AT DIALOUGES!!