Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 27 - Shifu's New Sisters?!

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 27 - Shifu's New Sisters?!

Chapter 27 - Shifu's New Sisters?!
(The mothers drop by and they have an unexpected surprise for their little ones...)

"MASTER OOGWAY!!" The cub shouted joyfully.
"Shifu!"
The young cub flew down the hill, reaching out with both arms. "MASTER!!"
Grinning from ear to ear (if he had them) Oogway knelt down to the cub's level, he opened his arms.
Shifu hurried the pace, tears filled his eyes to the brim. The smile instantly faded from his face. "Waaaaaaa! Master!" He nearly knocked the old tortoise backwards from the impact of the hug, but Oogway managed to keep his balance.
Muffled sobs could be heard from the young cub. "Masterrrrr! Waaaaaa! I was so scared I'd never see you again!"
Oogway stroked the fur on the cub's head. "Okay,okay...it's alright." He smiled. "You're safe now Shifu..."
Leona slowly made her way down the hill, watching the adorable scene in front of her.
Oogway turned his head and spotted the young vixen standing at the bottom of the hill. "Oh..! Shifu? Who's your little friend?"
Shifu slowly drew back and smiled. "Leona! Come here, there's someone I want you to meet!"
The fox strode towards them, she became suddenly very shy and upset.
Oogway grinned at the frightened vixen. "Oh, Leona? I's very nice to meet you, I'm Master Oogway..." He bowed in greeting.
Leona was quiet for a moment, before bursting into tears.
Oogway relished back insurprise. "Oh!"
Shifu nervously bit his lip. "Oh no, not again!" He rushed over to her. "Don't cry Leona."
Oogway's face creased with worry. "What is wrong little Leona?"
Leona sobbed. "Giao Xun..."
The old tortoise froze immidiately. "Wh.........what did you just say?"
"Giao Xun!" She gave another pained sob.
Shifu sighed. "Master, Giao Xun killed her family two days ago. Her father sent her here to be trained by you."
Oogway just stood there, he had gone completely numb.
Shifu waved his hand in front of his master's face. "Master?" Did he just spontaniously die? "....Master?"
Oogway exploded. "Giao Xun did what?!! He killed your family?!! Why?! Why?!!! Has he not had enough yet?!!! How much blood does he need to quench his sick, murderous thirst?!!!" His lip trembled in anger and sadness. For a moment, Shifu thought he was going to cry. The old tortoise gave a long shuddering sigh, he opened his eyes to see two young children cowering in front of him. He had not blown up like that since those arrogant tigers had threatend to take Shifu from him.
Leona took two steps back, she began crying harder.
Shifu sent his master a "good going you idiot!" look.
Oogway smiled at the young vixen. "There, there dear...don't cry." He petted the soft silvery fur on her head.
"Nnnn!" Leona moved towards him and crawled into his lap, clinging onto him and sobbing.
Bewildered, Oogway looked towards Shifu, who just shrugged.
The old tortoise stroked her fur and stood her up on the ground. "Hey, don't cry little one." He smiled. "Didn't you say your father wished for me to train you?"
"...Ye-yes.."
Oogway smiled at her. "Then I will do just that. Did your father send you to live in the valley with a relative, or with me?"
"Y...you.."
The old tortoise smiled and got to his feet. "Very well then." He spread his arms wide "Welcome to the Jade Palace."
The vixen blinked, taking in all of he surroundings. "I....it's very pretty." She took a step forward and bowed, but she tripped and fell face first. Tears streamed over her cheeks, her face flushed embarassedly.
Oogway glanced over at Shifu. "......."
Shifu smiled and helped Leona up. "Heehee, you live with me now. We'll have so much-"
"SHIFU?!!!"
The young cub turned towards a young bunny who jst stood there in open mouthed shock. She sobbed. "Sh-Shifu..."
The red panda beamed. "Mingy..." He opened his arms.
"SHIFUUUUUUUUU!!!!" She ran and pounced on him, nearly knocking him onto the ground. "Waaaaaaaa!! Shifi!!! I didn't think I'd ever see you again!!"
Shifu smiled and hugged his little bunny friend back. "I'm glad you're okay..." They released.
Ming Yang gasped. "LI!!" The scooped the kitten up, kissing it and hugging it. "Oh Li! I never thought I'd see you again..."
"Ming yaaaang?! Did you eat all my cookies?!" An angry voice demanded, as a female red panda stormed towards them. "Those were my cookies that I had prepared for the typhoon!! I said you could have two! Not all twenty seven!!" She stopped and dropped an empty cookie box on the ground. "Shifu...? OH MY GOD!! SHIFU!!!" Tears came to her eyes. "You're alright..." She embraced him. "I was worried.."
Shifu patted her back soothingly. "I'm alright Wu Lian..."
Wu Lian looked up, eyes sparkling hopefully."Really?"
"Yes."
"Alright then..."
"...?"
WHACK!!!
"OWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!"
WHACK!!!!!
"YEOOOOOOWWWWW!!!!"
WHACK!!!!!!!!
"GAAAHH!! STOP IT LIAN!!!" Shifu screamed as the enraged cub continued hitting him.
Oogway gently pulled her off him. "Wu Lian, relax."
"YOU IDIOT!! YOU ABSOLUTE MORONIC IDIOTIC CRAZY INSANE STUPID UNBELIEVABLE IDIOT!!!!" She hit him again.
Shifu dodged her blows and grabbed her arms. "Wu Lian! Why am I such an idiot?!"
"Why?! WHY?! You ran out into a tsunami!!!"
"I was trying to save Ming Yang! Wouldn't you have done the same?!"
"Doesn't matter! You're an idiot!"
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
"Am not!"
"Are too!"
"Please stop!" A voice pleaded.
Immidiately the cubs silenced. They glanced over at a young tearful vixen
Leona sniffled. "I hate it when people fight!"
Wu Lian crossed her arms. "Well, maybe if he wasn't such an idiot-"
"I AM NOT AN IDIOT!!"
"Enough." Oogway frowned. "This is called the Valley of Peace for a reason."
Leona sniffled again.
The old tortoise smiled down at her. "Don't worry, they aren't always like this."
Ming Yang gave a sarcastic laugh. "Yeah right..."
Oogway ruffled the vixen's fur. "You'll love the valley."
"I...I see."
Ming Yang giggled and walked up to Leona. "Hi foxy! My name is Ming Yang."
Leona waved back timidly. "I..I'm Leona."
Ming Yang smiled and waved back in a friendly gesture. "Nice to meet you Leona!"
The young fox gave an unsure smile.
Wu Lian stamped up to the vixen. "Hello!" She said in a agressive tone, for she was still angry with Shifu. "My name is Wu Lian." She held out her hand.
Leona shrunk back in terror.
Shifu laughed. "She's probably scared of your ugly face Wu Lian!"
"Shifu.." Oogway warned. "Don't start."
The cub scowled.
The old tortoise gently took Leona's and. "Leona I'll show you to your room."
"Master, how much of the palace is left?"
"There was only minor damage."
"Wow, that's great!"
"Master Oogwaaaay!"
"Master Oogwaaaay!"
The old tortoise turned towards Ying Mi and Mei Lian. "Oh hello. What can I do for-" He stopped. Both their faces were grim, saddened.
Oogway frowned. "Ummm...children? Why don't you all show Leona to her room, whatever unoccuiped room you find."
Shifu saluted. "Will do master!" With that, he and the other children hurried into the bunkhouse.
The old tortoise walked up to the young mothers."What's going on?"
Ying Mi and Mei Lian both exchanged the look that said "Should I tell him...or do you want to?" Both mothers didn't look like they wanted to say the bad news, but it was Ying Mi that stepped up. "Master Oogway?"
"Yes..?"
"We need to talk to you."
"Yes. what is it?" The old tortoise was extremely confused and very worried.
Ying Mi was silent for what seemed like years. "We.......we need to return to he valley."
Oogway's eyes went wide. "What? ...Wh-why..?"
Mei Lian smiled gently. "We don't really want to....but we need to. I have to go back with my husband, he is the mayor of Tokoro Valley so we need to clean up the valley after the storm.
Oogway gasped. "My word! The storm hit Tokoro Valley?"
"Terribly." Mei Lian shook her head gravely. "Dreadful, I know. We don't want to bring Wu Lian back with us, she's happy here training with Shifu and Ming Yang."
Ying Mi stepped forward. "Kohaii, Shei Lia and I all aided the emporor of our valley, with the storm having of hit our valley with full force we're needed back home. Plus, I'm sure Giao Xun will be after me next, I cannt put Ming Yang in that dangerous situation."
Oogway had no words. "......" He closed his eyes.
Mei Lian and Ying Mi took his hands. "Master Oogway, can we trust you to look after our children?"
"....." All was silent except for the breeze blowing through the trees.
"Pick a room Leona! We have eight that aren't being used right now!" Shifu spread his arms wide. "Where would you like to go?"
Timidly, shouldres hunched, Leona stepped over to one across from Shifu's.
The cub did a thumbs up. "Looks good to me!"
Ming Yang smiled and gave a little girly squeal. "Yaaaaaaay! It'll be really fun having you training with us Leona!"
Wu Lian chuckled. "Yes, we'll be seeing you very often now!"
The vixen was quiet for a moment before she gave a tiny unsure smile. "It will be fun Yang Ming, Ru Lian."
The bunny and red panda looked at eachother.
"Ming Yang!"
"Wu Lian!"
"Oh I'm sorry, so sorry."
"Children!" Oogway called from outside the bunkhouse. "There's something we need to talk to you kids about!"
The children hurried outside. "We're here!"
Oogway managed a weak smile for the children's benifit. "Th-that's good..."
Shifu smiled. "What's up master?" But his smile faded when he caught the tears in Mei Lian and Ying Mi's eyes. "Hey...what's going on?"
The two troubled mothers looked at eachother. "Well........"
The four children just stood there, eyes as wide as saucers.
"Shifu, are there any more boxes to move in?" Oogway asked the young cub as he set down the last few boxes in Ming Yang's room.
The cub shook his head. "No, that's all of them."
The old tortoise sighed. "Good...not very fond of dragging a bunch of cardboard boxes up a thousand flights of stairs."
Shifu blinked. "So then, why did you put your palace on a mountain?"
Oogway chuckled. "Mmm, yes. It probably would have been better to put it on a small hill or underground."
"For sure..."
"Master Oogway?" Ying Mi turned around the corner towards the tortoise and red panda. "We're ready now..."
Oogway and Shifu exchanged grave looks.
"Ming Yang? You'll be a good litle girl while ma ma's away?"
"For sure!" Ming Yang said, trying to be cheerful.
"And you'll go to bed when you're supposed to?"
"Uh-huh!"
"And you'll bathe when you're supposed to?"
"Uh-huh!"
"And you'll remember your manners?"
"Uh-huh!"
"And you'll treat Master Oogway repectfully?"
"Uh-huh!"
"And you'll eat everything on your plate?"
"Uh-huh!"
"Even the veggies?"
"Uh-hu-...Eeeeewwwww!! No!"
Everyone laughed.
Mei Lian was next, she stepped up to her daughter. "Time will go by, before you know it I'll be back here picking you up to take you home! You'll have probably master'd all the scrolls of Kung Fu.
"I dobt she'll get past scroll five..." Shifu murmured.
Oogway glared at him, and rapped him with his cane.
"Owwww!!"
Wu Lian gave a sad laugh. "I'll be fine ma ma! Quit your worrying! Tell father, grandfather, and Shi Lian that I love them."
Mei Lian nodded sadly. "Will do dear..."
Tears quivered in Ming Yang's eyes, but she tried to remain strong. "Heehe.d-don't worry ma ma! I'll be fine staying here....."
Ying Mi gave a quiet sob. "I hope so......hunny this is only for your own safety. We can't take you back to the valley with us, it's far to dangerous..."
Ming Yang nodded bravely. "I-I know...."
Mei Lian kissed her daughter's forehead. "I love you dear..."
Wu Lian smiled at her mother, tears shinning in her eyes. "I-I love you too ma ma." She embraced her tightly.
"Good-bye Shifu.....we'll see eachother soon right?" Ying Mi asked the young red panda.
He smiled. "Of course......in no time at all."
Ying Mi stood up and looked at Oogway straight in the eyes. "Will you take good care of her master?"
The old tortoise nodded gravely. "It's a promise..." He whispered.

(Wow! Bet you weren't expecting that! Looks like Shifu has new sisters! But will he ever have new brothers...? You'll find out in the next chapter!)

Preview of the next chapter.

The young cub uttered a low threatening growl. "Stay away from my friends!! If you want me, that's fine, but don't you dare touch my friends!"
Wu Lian's eyes went as wide as saucers. "Shifu!! Get your head down! .....Unless you want it bitten off!"
Deshi gave a loud meniacal laugh. "What a great idea! Sadly, Giao Xun demands we bring you to him in full piece..."
Shifu spread his arms out in front of his frightened friends protectively. "Stay away from them!" He seethed.
smacked his lips together.. "Giao Xun didn't say anything about the two little girls!"
"We don't eat wimpy little children! " Sheng shot back.
Hong rolled his eyes. "Whatever, let's get them!" With that, the three tigers pounced, but they were thrown back as a small streak of brown zipped past them, it was like a stream of colors beating the tigers up. Teeth went flying, as well as blood. The colorful streak sliced across them so fast that the tigers couldn't fight them because it was way to small and fast. The tigres backed off and ran through the forest. The streak of colors did a flip through the air and landed hard on it's feet, it turned twards them. The four children could not believe what they saw! The small fiesty little creature that had scared the fur off those little pussy cats that had defeated the three threatening tigers that even little Shifu who had master'd well over three hundred and seventy scrolls couldn't beat! That creature was none other then...

Comments

Comments (7)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

kaptainkitty on October 25, 2008, 4:15:56 PM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkittyWow... multiple feelings with this chapter.

Man, the talk of Giao Xun really releases the worst within Oogway. I never knew he could get so mad!!!

Haha! I loved the little exchange between Wu Lian and Shifu. Poor little red panda didn't see that coming XD I honestly could not stop laughing whilst reading that part.

But I can't quite fathom how I felt at the end. It was neither a happy end to the chapter... nor a sad one. I don't knnow :/

Anyway, good chapter!

pixiepumpkin on October 27, 2008, 5:07:38 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinTrue, Giao Xun is the only person in the universe that Oogway truly hates. He will appear again in later chapters......and will do something you couldn't possibly imagine. The old tortoise cares very deeply for his students.and despises all who mistreats children.

kaptainkitty on October 27, 2008, 7:45:20 PM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkittyOoh... now I'm really excited!! I knew Giao Xun was going to be a major role in your fic, and now that you've said that he "will do something you couldn't possibly imagine" makes me really look forward to reading the upcoming chapters!

pixiepumpkin on October 27, 2008, 9:28:07 PM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinYes, Giao Xun will also be in my story "Warriors From Heaven". He will also do something you won't be able to imagine........

pixiebell on October 26, 2008, 8:04:11 AM

pixiebell on
pixiebellthas very good and funny aswell

chaos_kitten8 on October 25, 2008, 7:50:53 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on October 25, 2008, 8:29:17 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinLeona just lost her family!

chaos_kitten8 on October 26, 2008, 1:57:01 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on October 26, 2008, 10:29:24 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinDon't worry about ti!

caden17 on October 25, 2008, 4:10:13 AM

caden17 on
caden17thank you so much.
being sarcastic.
I HATE YOUR CLIFFIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

caden17 on October 25, 2008, 4:04:43 AM

caden17 on
caden17first comment. yay.