Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 30 - Phobias Revealed

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 30 - Phobias Revealed

Chapter 30 - Phobias Revealed
(I mainly wrote this chapter to help comfort me of my own fears..........)

"My melon buns! You fiend!" Shifu snarled, pointing at Taplo. "Those were my last buns!!"
Taplo cringed. "S-sorry Shifu! ........I love them too!"
The enraged cub stamped his foot furiously. "WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE ASKED!!"
Oogway sighed and rolled his eyes. "Relax Shifu...I'm going back to the valley later this afternoon..I'll get you some then." He shook his head slightly to himself. "Geez.."
The red panda clenched his fists angrilly. "My buns.....my buns!"
Taplo glanced around nervously. "I-I was hungry!"
Ming Yang rolled her eyes. "Pay no heed to him Tapi...he'll be like this for a while." She clutched his hands tightly. "It's great to see you again! How long has it been...?"
"You discrace all melon buns!"
Taplo hesitated. "About a year and a half..?" He shrugged.
Benjirou narrowed his eyes at her. He was never to fond of the bubbly young bunny (like any other girl)....she was way to hyper for him. "Mmhmm....great to see you too Ming Yang..." He murmured unenthusiasticlly.
She threw her arms around him. "Heehee!"
The otter rolled his eyes. "Yech!..Get off me Ming Yang!!" He shrugged her off and snatched a piece off of Taplo's melon bun. "Give me some of that!"
Risu was practically exploding with excitement. "I have more boys to play with now! Yaaaaay!" He hopped onto Taplo's head, grinning."How ya doing?"
Taplo smiled slightly. "I'm doing....great!"
"The melon bun god will destroy you Taplo!" Shifu shouted angrilly.
Wu Lian threw up her hands. "Oh my god-SHUT UP!!" She whacked him hard over the head.
Shifu glared at her. "HEY! You little-" He pounced on the female red panda and yanked at her ears.
"OUCH!"
SLAP!
"YEOOOOWWW!!"
"POW!"
"AUGHHHHHHH!!! MY FACE!!!"
Oogway quickly got up and hurried over to the cubs, he grabbed Wu Lian's arm in one hand and Shifu's in the other. "Enough." He said sternly. The old tortoise pushed the red pandas to the door. "Shifu, Wu Lian go up the palace steps three times each and report to me when you're done."
Glaring and hissing at eachother, the two cubs slumped down the steps.
Leona smiled shyly at Taplo. "H-hi Taplo.."
The goral smiled back at the vixen. "Hi! You're Leona...right?"
The fox blushed. "Heehee!" She took out a crumpled piece of paper. "You like it..?"
The young goat peered at the paper, it was a drawing of him. Despite the fact it was crumpled up, the goral could still make out the features and details of his facial expression and his horns. He smiled at her. "Wow, it's good! When did you make this?"
Leona giggled again. "While we were talking to you!"
Taplo chuckled lightly. "Is it for me?"
"Yeah!"
The goral smiled and shoved the drawing into his jacket. "Thank you very much."
The vixen beamed and sat beside Taplo.
Meanwhile, poor Shifu and Wu Lian were taking it hard up the steps, panting...wheezing..sweating.
Wu Lian bared her teeth. "This is all your fault midget!" She snarled angrilly. "You..........jerk.."
The cub glared back at her. "My fault?! You told me to shut up! You hit me! You're a little brat! I hate you!!"
"As if I like you?!"
"Same here!!"
"Jerk!"
"Brat!"
"YOU AROGANT COCKY STUPID JERKY MEAN MIDGET MELON HEAD!"
Gasp. "You take that back twinkletoes!"
Gasp. "MELON HEAD!"
"TWINKLE TOES!"
"MELOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON HEAD!"
"TWINKLE TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOESSS!!!"
"Hey guys!"
The two red panda cubs turned their direction towards a hyper young bunny standing at the top of the steps.
"Up hereeeee!"
The cubs hurried up the steps towards Ming Yang. "What is it Ming Yang?"
She was practically bubbling over with excitement. "GUESSWHATGUESSWHATGUESSWHAT?!!"
"What? What? What?"
"MASTEROOGWAYWENTTOTHEVALLEYANDHESAIDHE'SGETTINGUSALLSOMETHINGTHERE!!!!!"
The red pandas smiled at eachother.
"Is it melon buns?" Shifu asked hopefully.
Wu Lian and Ming Yang rolled their eyes. "Ugh..."
"Children!"
The children snapped their heads over to their old master coming up the steps. "Oh Shifu, Wu Lian......have you finished your punishment yet?"
"Yes..."
Ming Yang's eyes were sparkling. "WHATDIDYOUBRINGUSMASTER?!!"
Oogway frowned. "What?"
The young bunny hopped around him. "YOUSAIDYOUWEREGOINGTOTHEVALLEYTOGETUSSOMETHING!"
The old tortoise chuckled tightly. "Ummmmmmm.......yes, yes I got them for you."
Ming Yang squealed. "EVERYONE HE GOT THEM!!!"
The children hurried out the doors and over towards the old master. "What did you get us Master Oogway?"
Oogway chuckled. "C-calm down children! Yes I do have something for you.......but umm-"
Risu did a high flip and landed on his master's head. "I'll get the bags for you!" He balanced the paper bags on his tail and flipped them towards the kitchen. "What's in the bag?!"
The old tortoise hesitated. "Well....."
Ming Yang jumped up and down. "Open it! Open it!"
Risu reached into the bag. "WOW IT'S A-.....................................................................................................................................................needle?" The squirrel slowly turned his head towards the old tortoise, an expression of horror on his face. "................."
Everyone turned towards Oogway, eyes as wide as saucers.
Except Shifu. The cub just stood there rooted to the spot, a hot fear surging through his heart. No.............it couldn't be!! A needle?! Why?!! His worst fear!!! Why?! Why a needle?!! Shifu swallowed hard, he could feel the sour taste of his lunch rising through his throat. His eyes misted with fear.....shock..........horror. He could hardly hear his master speak.....the voice sounded so distant.
"Every few years you must be vaccinated against deadly diseases that spread around. It's for your own safety.....? Shifu?"
The young cub just stood there..............frozen.
"Shifu..?"
Oogway gently placed a hand on the cub's head to see if he was okay. "Shifu....are you alri-"
SLAP!
The cub just whacked his master's hand away, got to his feet and took off down the hall.
The old tortoise rubbed his hand, frowning. what had just happened?
Risu looked after Shifu, scratching his head. "Shall I go after him master..?"
"No. Ming Yang, you will be first." He pulled a stiff bunny into the kitchen with him. The old tortoise smiled gently at her and rubbed her fur comfortingly. "Relax." He gently pushed on the top of the needle, it spurted out a thin yellow liquid. "Pull up your sleeves."
Squinting so hard her eyelids almost ripped, Ming Yang pulled her sleeves up and clenched her tiny fists. The bunny felt a sharp pinch as the needle stabbed into her arm. She tensed up and held her breath. "Ouch..."
The old tortoise rubbed her head and smiled. "Wow! What a brave girl." He chuckled.
Ming Yang walked out stiffly, rubbing her arm. "That didn't feel very pleasant..."
Wu Lian have a shuddering sigh. "Oh.......I hate needles!" She mustered a brave smile. "Oh well, best to get it over with." A few moments later, the young red panda cub walked out shaking slightly. "Ha! I-I don't remember ever recieving a needle like that!"
Leona walked in tearfully. "Oh..." The fox came out clutching onto her arm in absolute pain. "G-geez....."
Risu shivered. "I don't want a needle!!"
Oogway chuckled. "It is very brief, relaaaax." He bent down and the young squirrel scurried up his neck.
Risu came out shaking with tears in the corners of his eyes. "Waaaaaaa...that hurt!"
The old tortoise smiled at his pale students. "You were all very brave, I am proud of you..." He began walking towards Shifu's room.
The young cub was as white as a ghost, he was shaking with nausea. He could smell the horrible odour of the needle...taste the horrible taste. His eyes were blurred with tears.
Oogway kneeled down and peered under the bed. The cub had his tail curled around him protectively, his ears were flat against his head, he shook violently.
"Shifu?" Oogway called under the bed. "Come on out..."
"No!" Shifu sobbed. "I'm not coming out, go away!! I won't let you do it...you...you meanie!!"
Oogway's face creased with sympathy. "Shifu, if you don't take it....you'll get very ill."
"I don't care!" The cub sobbed. "Leave me alone!!" He was growing hysterical, and Oogway had not even injected it yet.
Ming Yang and Wu Lian exchanged looks, everyone was shocked. So this was most obviously the cub's greates fear, it reduced him to a sobbing, shaking little ball of fluff. Of course everyone has phobias! .....But no one expected this would be Shifu's...
"Come out little one." The old tortoise coaxed gently. "Come on out..."
"NO!!!" Shifu screamed. "GET AWAY FROM ME!!!"
Everyone flinched. Oh he was going to get it now! He had never mouthed off that much before, not even during baths!
"He is going to be punished so bad!" Wu Lian whispered into Leona's ear.
Oogway turned towards her. "I am not going to punish him...not over this."
Wu Lian frowned. "He just screamed at you, and called you a meanie. I sure would punish him if I were you."
The old tortoise shook his head. "You would not be a very nice person if you did. He's scared, in his right mind he probably does not even realize what he's saying or doing. His phobia is taking over......the poor thing. I've never seen such a horrible case of trypanophobia." He smiled lightly at the young cub. "Shifu...I have something for you.." He tossed a small package underneath the bed. Everyone expected the red panda to squeal "MELON BUNS!" What he did shocked them.
He tossed the melon buns back, they hit the wall.
Oogway's mouth gapped open. "Wha..what?!"
Everyone stared under the bed, eyes buldging. Did he just turn down melon buns?!
The old tortoise gave a dry chuckle. "Umm.............Shifu..? You uh......you do realize what's in the package..right?"
"Yes, I do. And I don't want them!"
"You........you don't want melon buns..."
Shifu sobbed. "Get lost! All of you.......leave me alone!!! I don't want melon buns, I don't want any of you near me, and I don't want the freaking needle!!!!"
Oogway sighed. "Shifu........come here." He held out his arms.
After a few minutes the young cub finally crawled out and into the comfort of his master's arms. His body shook wih violent sobs. "I don't want a needle! Don't give it to me! Please..!" His voice was muffled.
The old tortoise closed his eyes and began singing.. "Iniside my heart....there burns a light, that lights my way all through my life. It keeps burning....burning...burning every day lighting my road to success, in hopes I always do my best That light will burn brighter...for as long as I love. And that light will never go out for love will guide my way. Always having a purpose...that will forever stay. It will never leave, no. Not that light, no. It will always be with me. As well as who'm I love, for that light is their heart that burns so bright. Lighting up the way....through the darkest nights. Holding on tightly.....tightly..never letting go. That light, my little light...burns a beautiful glow..."
Shifu's sobs quieted immidiately. Like Pong, that lullaby was the only method of comfort that always worked. He wasn't sure why.......it was just a song. Was it because all his master's lyrics were directed to him? Or was it just because it was a typical lullaby with the purpose to soothe immidiately. Shifu couldn't be to sure....but he loved the song all the same. His stiff body gradually relaxed itself in the old tortoise's arms.
Oogway waved Ming Yang over and whispered something in her ear. She looked skeptical for a moment, but hurried out of the room and came back with the paper bag containing the needle. The old tortoise positioned the needle to Shifu's bare arm and gently injected the yellow substance.
Shifu's body tensed as the sharp object penitrated through his skin. He gave a yelp of pain and was about to cry but was silenced as Wu Lian stuffed a melon bun into his mouth. Ming Yang kissed his forehead in a friendly protective gesture, Leona leaned on his shoulder, Wu Lian patted his back comfortingly and Risu sat on top of his head petting him.
Oogway smiled at the support Shifu's fellow classmates offered him, the old tortoise gave a small chuckle. "See? It's over with, now you don't have to worry about it untill three or four more years!"
Shifu rubbed his now bleeding and aching arm thoughfully. He smiled at all his friends affectionately. "Thank you, you're all so great!"
They drew back smiling. "Any time!"
The cub peered up at his master. "Master Oogway?"
"Yes..?"
"Can I have some more melon buns?"

(Heh..........looks like Shifu and I have the exact same phobia, and the worst reaction to the word "needle". I...I actually wrote this chapter because.........I..I have to go get vaccinated tomorrow! In both arms!!! That lucky little cub only needed it in one arm! ........I...I'm so scared. *sob* I hate needles! THEY ARE MY WORST FEAR EVER!! ........................*sigh* I need a hug.)

Chappie Previe!

Risu cocked his head curiously, he seemed deeply confused. "Ummmm..........I don't remember this pumpkin patch being here before!"
Ming Yang's eyes sparkled. "You're right! Hmm..........but does someone live here? I mean...a pumpkin patch can't just appear on it's own you know!"
Leona was quiet for a moment. "It doesn't look like anyone's here...."
Taplo scrunched up his face. "Then where did this place come from?"
"It's like we've changed seasons or something..." Wu Lian said awakwardly.
Benjirou scoffed. "Well, I don't know about you buuuuutt...pumpkins would be great for smashing!" He flicked his flat (but muscular) tail eagerly over the small pumpkin.
SMASH!
Everyone gasped.
Taplo gave a long whine. "Oh Benjiiii!! You've really done it this time!"
Benjirou rolled his eyes. "You're such a worried wart Taplo, it's not like anyone lives-"
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!"
The children turned in alert towards a dark shadow in the trees. She hissed, teeth bared in anger. She gave a long ferocious growl.
"WHAT---DO---YOU---THINK---YOU'RE---DOING?!"

Comments

Comments (9)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

chaos_kitten8 on October 30, 2008, 6:01:13 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on October 30, 2008, 8:21:32 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHeehee....thanks... sorry for snapping at you eariler for not commenting yet. I'm just really sore from the needle. The first one didn't hurt but the second one...F***! The lady was like "Oops! Ouu I left the needle in to long!" And then one of the other ladies popped Sara's blood vessel, and one of them hadt to do it three times on Mikey! I swear........those ladies had jobs in janitoring, and then they got a degree in medical and that was their first day....-__-

chaos_kitten8 on October 31, 2008, 6:06:29 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on November 2, 2008, 1:00:35 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkin............................b-i-t-c-h

EscribirZeichnenRever on October 30, 2008, 10:13:18 AM

EscribirZeichnenRever on
EscribirZeichnenReverDang. O_O Out of curiosity, was this flu shots at a market or something?

pixiepumpkin on October 30, 2008, 10:37:20 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinXD! Might as well have been...

EscribirZeichnenRever on October 30, 2008, 2:56:18 PM

EscribirZeichnenRever on
EscribirZeichnenReverShould I have gone with you and stuffed a melon bun in your mouth when you opened it? :D :D :D

pixiepumpkin on October 31, 2008, 5:12:51 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinXD WAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I-I guess so! But if you wanted to console me you should have brought strawberries! XD

pixiebell on October 29, 2008, 2:02:23 AM

pixiebell on
pixiebellaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww thas sooo cute story and funny
*BIG HUGES* sister

caden17 on October 28, 2008, 9:27:52 PM

caden17 on
caden17you do realize i'm getting those exact same needles, right? well don't worry, even if i'm not in the cafeteria with you, my spirit will be. and remember what i told you yesterday, and you'll be fine.

pixiepumpkin on October 28, 2008, 9:34:46 PM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkin*hugs* Thank you brother....I love you!

caden17 on October 28, 2008, 9:36:08 PM

caden17 on
caden17you're welcome... now please do me a favor and SHOW ME SOME RESPECT!!!

pixiepumpkin on October 29, 2008, 1:35:26 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkin...................................*rolls eyes* I just said I love you! How is that not respect to my big brother?

caden17 on October 29, 2008, 2:01:19 AM

caden17 on
caden17touche

pixiepumpkin on October 29, 2008, 2:01:52 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkin*bites your face*

caden17 on October 29, 2008, 2:04:23 AM

caden17 on
caden17i gonna hunt you down and destroy you.

kaptainkitty on October 28, 2008, 4:10:28 PM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkittyAwwww, it will be okay sweetie! *HUGS* As DolphinMoana said; just don't look at the needle and be sure to focus your mind on something completely different. Those chappie ideas, courtisy of DolphinMoana, would do the trick perfectly! :D

Now, to get your mind off the subject of nee... I'm not going to say that word, heres my chapter review!!

This was the most sweetest chapter! Oogway comforting little terrified Shifu, words can not explain how adorable that scene was. And the beginning of the chapter; when Shifu just would not shut up about how Taplo was a "discrace to all melon buns" and how "the melon bun god will destroy him"... I could not stop laughing!!! XD THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!!!!

Can't wait for the next chapter! Any chapter with pumpkin-smashing in it has got to be good! Pumpking-smashing was one of my favourite childhood activites when I was younger :D

pixiepumpkin on October 28, 2008, 9:13:05 PM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinThank you............I'll try not. *sigh* *hugs*

Mmm yes.......I have a habbit of making way to adorable scenes when it comes to Shifu and Oogway. Why, you just wait untill Wisdom From Heaven, I'm starting it tonight!

The next chapter will arrive tomorrow or the next day!

EscribirZeichnenRever on October 28, 2008, 12:06:01 PM

EscribirZeichnenRever on
EscribirZeichnenReverAwwwwww, don't worry about it! *HUG* I had to get a couple of shots myself not long ago. I just don't look the needle at any time whatsoever, heh-heh. I'm about to send you a couple of chappie ideas over DA though so you can think about those while you get your shots if you want. ;)

Dude, I KNEW that lullaby was going to surface again. :D Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!

And ah, that preview.......... That's my Benjirou, always causing some kinda trouble. ^_^ Poor Oogway DOES need a vacation. XD BTW, I think the term is 'worrywart'.

pixiepumpkin on October 28, 2008, 9:10:44 PM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinHehe....arigato! *hugs* I'll try not to look at it...my mom bought me a poodle beanine to make myself feel better so I can squeeze it. (She was looking for a squirrel plush but she couldn't find one....)

Of course, that lullaby will surface in many chapters...including my next story "Wisdom From Heaven"

Oh yes Oogway is going to be getting a vacation....by himself? No, of course not....the kids have to come too! XD Stay tuned for "Basking In The Sun"!