Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 32 - Rebelious Autumn

This is mainly a story of how Shifu met Oogway when he was a tiny cub. (If you haven't watched Kung Fu Panda then there's no point in even reading this....)

Chapter 32 - Rebelious Autumn

Chapter 32 - Rebelious Autumn
(Yet another girl student will be introduced, but this one will put up some resistance of being Oogway's student...)

"Aughhh!" Shifu screamed as he went flying backwards, colliding with Ming Yang.
Wu Lian did a flip in the air and struck out her fan, glaring at the young cub.
"Owowowowow!" Shifu whimpered putting his hand over his cheek (which had been cut thanks to Wu Lian's sharp fan.)
Oogway chuckled and placed a bandage on the cub's cheek. "See? Fans can be deadly weapons Shifu."
"So I see..." The cub groaned. "How humiliating, getting my butt kicked by a girl!"
The old tortoise smiled. "Ah, do not estiamte one's strength simply by their gender my pupil, just as you do not wish people judging you by your small size."
The red panda gave an exasperated sigh and sat down. "Mm, I guess so.."
Oogway waved Wu Lian over. "Very good Wu Lian, but your arm wasn't very straight when you did your finishing pose, and your kicks could have been stronger."
The female red panda scowled lightly. Everyone knew she hated hearing critisizm.
The old master smiled. "But, your punches were alot stronger this time and your flips were perfect."
Wu Lian smiled at that and bowed. "Thank you Master Oogway, I will try harder."
He returned her bow. "Risu, you're up next."
The young japanese squirrel smoothed out his tunic and nodded. "Very well then!" He did a spiraling flip high into the air and landed in a crouching position on the matt. "Who is my opponent?"
Oogway pointed to a very timid and stiff vixen in the corner. "Leona, on the matt please."
Walking like a robot, the young fox stepped out onto the matt. "..Sir?"
The old tortoise laughed. "Leona dear you're as pale as a ghost!"
The six year old nodded stiffly. "..."
Oogway smiled. "Oh, that's right, today is the day you fight another opponent for the first time."
"R-right.." The fox said softly.
The old tortoise grinned. "Well, bow to eachother."
The young fox bowed her head, it smacked Risu's hard.
"Ouch!"
"Oh I'm sorry, so sorry!"
Oogway sighed. "Begin." At that, the fight took off.
Leona looked more nervous then anyone had seen her, cautiously stepping to the side keeping her eyes on her opponent. Risu struck first, jumping up and delivering a punch that swiped the air as she quickly side-steped it in the nick of time. The vixen got into a crouching position. as Risu pounced, she struck out her leg, it connected with his face and he went hurtling backwards.
Oogway grinned and opened his mouth to praise her, when-
"Oh I'm sorry, so sorry!" Leona was by Risu's side in an instant. "I didn't mean to hit you so hard, are you okay?!"
The squirrel propped himself up and stared at her as if she had lost her mind.
The old tortoise sighed and walked over towards Leona. "Umm Leona?" He gave a dry chuckle. "You're uh..you're not supposed to appologize."
The vixen turned to the old tortoise, concern in her eyes. "But I hit him!"
Oogway raised his eyebrows (if he had them). "Yes..but dear you're not supposed to stop the fight to check him for just the smallest little kick."
Shifu and Wu Lian exchanged troubled glances that seemed to say "training her is going to be a challenge."
Judging by the look on the old tortoise's face, he thought the same. "Alright.......I think we're done for today, you are all dismissed for lunch."
"Yaaaaaay!!" The children hurried into the bunkhouse.
Wu Lian reached into the cupboard and took out some instant noodles, Ming Yang took out some eggrolls and cheesecake, Leona took out some dumplings, Risu took out some chow-mein and Shifu took out some jiaozi and melon buns.
The vixen sunk her teeth into the juicy meat, and drew back with a glum expression.
Shifu chewed on his melon buns and chewed noisily. "Leo, what's wrong?"
Leona sighed. "I'm no good in Kung Fu..."
Wu Lian spat out her noodles, they splattered all over Shifu's face. "What?!"
Ming Yang stared at Shifu and handed him a towel. "That's not true!"
"Yeah.." Shifu said, eyes closed as he wiped the noodles from his face. "You're really good."
The vixen bowed her head. "I don't think so.."
Risu frowned. "What are you talking about Leo? You completely kicked my butt in the match this morning, you were doing great! ......Up untill you appologized for kicking me."
"Yeah." Wu Lian agreed with an awkward smile. "You just need to...not appologize! It's Kung Fu! You're supposed to beat the crap out of eachother!"
Shifu looked thoughtful. "Noooo..actually, you're supposed to use Kung Fu as a defense!"
Wu Lian narrowed her eyes at the cub. "No one asked your opinion pipsqueak..."
Shifu brought his cup of water to his mouth. "Yeah well, no one asked you to be alive Wu Lian." He murmured behind his drink.
Wu Lian glared at him.
He shot her a smug look.
Leona was silent, she didn't seem convinced.
Ming Yang tapped her chin thoughtfully, then her face lit up. "Hey, I know! Why don't we all do something together? What do you think?"
Everyone smiled.
"Yeah!" The bunny turned towards Leona. "What do you want to do Leo?"
Leona chewed her dumplings, thinking. "Why don't we all go swimming at the spring in the Forest of Tranquility?"
"Okay, sure!" Ming Yang said cheerfully. "What do you all think?"
Everyone grinned. "Sounds good to us!"
Shifu smiled. "I'll bring melon buns!" He brought his bun to his mouth, about to sink his teeth in it, but a pair of hands snatched it from him.
Oogway frowned down at the cub. "No Shifu, you will take your jaiozi which you have not yet eaten!"
Embarassed, the cub hung his head.
Everyone was quiet for a moment, then Ming Yang broke the awkwad silence. "I'm going to go ask Tapi and Benji if they want to come!"
A few minutes later, everyone was heading towards the spring in their bathing suits.
"I'm going to be the best swimmer out of all of you!" Benjrou boasted, shaking his tail proudly. "That's because I'm an otter! So...it's only natural that I'll be the best!"
Leona looked thoughtful. "I don't know....I've seen Shifu swim, he's really good."
Benjrou stuck his nose up. "Hmph! We'll see about that!" He was about to dive into the water, but Leona stopped him.
"Wait!"
Groaning, the otter turned towards her, his tail flicking with irritation. "What?"
Leona smiled. "There's some delicious apples down the hill, let's get some."
Benjrou sighed and followed his friends down the hill. "Alright..."
The children continued deeper into the forest. The sweet smell of ginger filled the air, was some one cooking something? As the children pulled back a few branches they gasped. Lined up in five beautiful rows were about thirty pumpkins.
Risu cocked his head curiously, he seemed deeply confused. "Ummmm..........I don't remember this pumpkin patch being here before!"
Ming Yang's eyes sparkled. "You're right! Hmm..........but does someone live here? I mean...a pumpkin patch can't just appear on it's own you know!"
Leona was quiet for a moment. "It doesn't look like anyone's here...."
Taplo scrunched up his face. "Then where did this place come from?"
"It's like we've changed seasons or something..." Wu Lian said awakwardly.
Benjirou scoffed. "Well, I don't know about you buuuuutt...pumpkins would be great for smashing!" He flicked his flat (but muscular) tail eagerly over the small pumpkin.
SMASH!
Everyone gasped.
Taplo gave a long whine. "Oh Benjiiii!! You're really done it this time!"
Benjirou rolled his eyes. "You're such a worried wart Taplo, it's not like anyone lives-"
"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!"
The children turned in alert towards a dark shadow in the trees. She hissed, teeth bared in anger. She gave a long ferocious growl.
"WHAT---DO---YOU---THINK---YOU'RE---DOING?!"[/I] The creature landed hard on her feet, eyes flashing with fury. "WHAT DO YOU THNK YOU'RE DOING TO MY PUMPKINS?!"
Benjirou cowered in fear. "N-nothing! I-I'm sorry!"
The creature raised her face and glared at Benjirou, her nose scrunched up.
Everyone immidiately relaxed after they saw her. She was a young Shiba Inu with a beautiful golden coat. Her eyes were a bright orange like an afternoon sunset, she wore an orange kimono with an autumn leaf inprint in the corner. Her thick curved up tail was tied at the end with a large bow.
Wu Lian stepped towards the young pup. "What's your name?" She asked catiously.
"Akimi." Came a bold authoritive voice.
The red panda cub was deeply intimidated by this. "U-ummm how old are you?" She stammered.
"Ten." Akimi answered coldly. Her orange eyes stared right through the red panda and she shrunk back in terror.
"We're really sorry about destroying your pumpkin!" Wu Lian squeaked. "P-please forgive us?"
"I don't know.." The Shiba Inu answered as she unleashed her claws on the bark of a tree, a long scratch tore down the middle at the base of the tree. "My pumpkins are the only things I have, and you just destroyed one of them!" She swiped her claws in the air. "My pumpkins are like my children, the only family I have, really.."
Shifu frowned. "A veggie is your only family?"
"Cannot small fry!" Akimi seethed.
Wu Lian gave a tiny grin, she was beginning to like this girl. "If you don't mind us asking...what happened to your family?"
Akimi's furious and cold expression was replaced with a sorrowful one. "...." Her ears and tail drooped. "My only family was my mother and siblings I used to have a twin sister named Chika....but the typhoon swept her away while she was trying to protect my pumpkins from any harm. After that, the tsunami was coming so my mom ran to our house to save my newborn sister.......the tsunami came, so she and Chiyoko drowned. I guess Chiyoko wasn't "everlasting life after all..." A single tear streamed down her cheek. "My family and I were here for vacation....and then they ended up dying. Before this all changed my life, my mother trained me in Kung Fu and told me that if anything happened to her during the storm, for me to go to the Jade Palace to be trained under Oogway."
Everyone was silent for a moment, then Risu came forward. "I-I know how you feel...my family too was drowned at our home "The Tree of Life...in fact, everyone was drowned that lived in the tree..."
Akimi sighed. "Mother wants Oogway to train me, but I don't want him, I just want mother!" Tears pooled in her eyes and went down her cheeks. "I just wish all that didn't happen...!!"
Shifu smiled and put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, Master Oogway is really great! He's my godfather!" Shifu said proudly. He began pulling on Akimi's kimono. "Come on! Let's go get him." With that, the children dragged Akimi back to the palace. "Master Oogway, Master Oogway!"
"Hmmm..?" An old tortoise walked up to them. "What is it cildren?....Oh! Who's your friend?"
Shifu smiled. "This is Akimi sir. Her mother wanted you to train her here after she drowned in the Typhoon." The cub said, getting right to the point.
Akimi narrowed her eyes. "My mother wants him to teach me....but I sure don't! I'm staying in the forest with my pumpkins!!" She pulled Shifu's hands off her kimono, and glared at the shocked children and Master. "I don't take any orders from a damn turtle! I only take them from mother!! I'm not staying here, and that's for sure!!" With that, she ran back to the forest, leaving a few certain shocked children and an old master behind.

(Woooooooooooooooooowww.....Akimi is one hard a-s-s! Oh, btw the reason I put hard a-s-s is because they don't let you swear! They put hard "@$$!" Isn't that stupid?! I'd be lucky if they let me put the word d-a-m-n or even c-r-a-p in here! Also, the reason Akimi refered to Chiyoko as "everlasting live" is because her name means "child of forever.")

Jiaozi-Some sort of dumplings...(Chinese)
Chow-mein- You'd be a retard if you didn't know what that means!
Akimi-Autumn fruit (Japanese)
Chika-A thousand summers. (Japanese)
Chyoko-Child of forever (Japanese)

Previeeee!!

"I don't trust any stupid turtle!" The Shiba Inu snarled.
"Don't you dare talk about my godfather like that! He is not stupid, you don't even know him!!!" Shifu shouted, fur bristling with rage.
"I know him enough to realize that I don't-and never will want to be trained by him!" the pup shouted.
"How exactly do you know him?!" The cub demanded sharply. "The only thing you said to him was: "I don't take any orders from a damn turtle! " Probably the most insulting thing you could ever say to him!"
"I know him enough to know he is not my mother!!!!" Akimi screamed at the top of her lungs. "The only thing care about is my pumpkins, and mother! ........B-but I don't have her anymore!" The pup sobbed.
Shifu (not even seeming to realize her anger was coming from hurt) shook with anger and crouched down. "You love pumpkins so much?! Don't you care about yourself at all?! There is no way you'll survive on your own! I'm trying to save you from certain death!!"
"I don't care!" Akimi shouted, stamping her foot. "I love my pumpkins!"
Shifu's eyes were tiny slits. "Pumpkins?!" He spat.. "Pumpkins?!! You care more about pumpkins then your well being?!" He crouched down. "Well here is what I think about your pumpkins.." He whispered in a menacingly low tone.

Comments

Comments (6)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

EscribirZeichnenRever on November 4, 2008, 6:39:38 AM

EscribirZeichnenRever on
EscribirZeichnenReverOuch. O_O Crap, Akimi's a little firecracker. She's the kind of girl Benji would just clash heads with. XD

Ohh, boy, Shifu's going to get in trouble AGAIN, isn't he? Although I can't say I blame him......... after what she said about Oogway. O_O

kaptainkitty on November 2, 2008, 11:46:18 AM

kaptainkitty on
kaptainkitty*Whistles* Man... that Akimi is one smart-mouthed little bi-... aherm... madam. What an attitude!!!

Still, this was a great chapter! :D I especially like the spar between Leona and Risu. Awesome job there!

Aww... it is a shame that you are forced to shove this story on haiatus though :( Oh well. You know the saying: desperate times call for desperate measures ^^ Best of luck with the move!

pixiepumpkin on November 3, 2008, 5:54:51 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinTrue, Akimi is awful. She just lost everything she had though, remember that! ^^

XD, yes I decided to put a few fighting matches (there doesn't seem to be enough...)

*Siiiiiigh* Groan, I'm not going to have internet for so looooooooooooooong!

chaos_kitten8 on November 2, 2008, 1:24:34 AM

chaos_kitten8 on
Comment Deleted

pixiepumpkin on November 2, 2008, 6:52:45 AM

pixiepumpkin on
pixiepumpkinAt first Akimi is indeed a jerk, but she'll soon soften up...

OMG I LOVE CHOW MEIN TOO!!! BEANSPROUTSSS!!!

pixiebell on November 2, 2008, 6:07:11 AM

pixiebell on
pixiebellI LOVE CHOW MEIN THATS SOOOOOOOO CUTE *huge*