Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Beth

A beautiful, young diva comes to the Opera Populaire and the Phantom soon takes interest in her, but is she what she appears to be?

Chapter 2 - Beth

Chapter 2 - Beth
Thanks to all the reviewers, or should I say reviewer?

Disclaimer: I own nothing
------------------------------------------------------

It was a beautiful autumn day. The sun made the Opera Populaire look like a building made of pure gold. A carriage pulled up to the entrance to the beautiful building. The carriage was black with the edges trimmed with gold. A man dressed in a black tuxedo got out of the front and ran to the passenger part of the carriage. He opened it and said "Mademoiselle, we have arrived." The man nuged the sleeping figure dressed in an ocean blue dress. "What?" she asked sleepily. "We have arrived at the Opera Populaire." She woke up and the man helped her out. She signaled for him to take the carriage away. The man nodded as another man shouted "Beth, my diva, you've arrived!" She turned around and saw two men dressed in a scarlet red outfit. One man was taller than the other and had more color than the other, shorter, man. "Ah, Monsieur Firmin and Andre! I was hoping I'd find you soon!" Beth cried back. "You look so beautiful today, Beth." Monsieur Firmin said as he led her inside the grand, glittering Opera Populaire.

Beth passed many people, rushing and running, even a few that were drinking, despite the fact that rehearsals were going on. Monsieur Reyer was instructing all the instruments when Monsieur Lefervre led Monsieur Firmin and Andre to the stage. "We're rehearsing Chalumeau's Hannibal..." "Monsieur Lefervre, I am rehearsing!" Monsieur Reyer shouted. "Monsieur Reyer, Madame Giry." Monsieur Lefervre directed. Beth noticed something with his right arm, like it was bothering him. A feeling of dread sweeped over her as he continued "As you may know, there have been rumors of my retirement, and know I tell you that is true." "Ah ha!" A woman in a red and golden dress said and pointed to a man, who bowed his head in acknowlagement, and embaressment. "I'm here to tell you that some new men have bought the Opera Populaire. I welcome Monsieur Richard Firmin and Gene Andre." everybody clapped as the two men gave a small bow and wave. "You may have heard about their recent forturne unmasked in the Junk bussiness." "Scrap metal, accually." Andre corrected and Firmin rolled his eyes at his partner and he stepped up and said "I'm happy to introduce our new patron..." "The Vicomte de Chagney!" Andre finished, and everybody clapped as a young man, that had many boyish looks. All the girls looked happy at his sight, except for Beth, for she gave a small yawn because she was tired and that Raoul, she didn't care for him. She always thought of him as a rich, uninteresting man. Beth always thought mysterious men were more attractive. She didn't pay attention to what Raoul said, but her thoughts were interuppted by Firmin. "Along with the Vicomte, we have a diva from England. Please, welcome the young and beautiful, Mademoiselle Beth Rosseters!" Everyone clapped as Beth smiled and waved.

After Firmin and Andre were given a small tour of the stage and rehearsal, a man came down from the catacombs. He looked filthy and very drunk. He had a friend, who looked equaly as well as the other man. "Joseph, she's a sapphire. Are you going to get her to take interest in you tonight?" "Nah" was Joseph's response. "Women as beautiful as her usually turn out as rotten as rotten apples. Either they're greedy, or they're a vampire or werewolf..." "Joseph!" Joseph turned his ugly head and saw Monseiur Lefevre comming toward him. "What's all this crap about werewolves and vampires? You trying to scare our new singer, Beth?" Joseph stared at him in the eye. "I'm just sayin' that she might be a werewolf or vampire, that's all." "That's just crap and legends." was Lefevre's response. "Oh yeah?" Joseph said, eyeing to Lefevre's right arm. "If it's true, then what happened to your arm?" That got everyone's attention. They all stopped and pivioted their heads, to look at Monsieur Lefevre. He blushed and bowed his head. After a moment, he brought his head up again, and rolled up the sleeve of his right arm. It was a gruesome sight, sending shivers down everone's spine, but the most impact was on Beth. She blinked and tried to remember anything, because she had a feeling that anoyed her, since she saw Monsieur Lefevre. He bagan to explain last night. A furry beast from hell, with blood red eyes, snow white teeth, and a hunger for human blood and flesh. Now Beth was greatly impacted, she even paled a little. To make things worse, a letter was found, by Madame Giry. It was signed O.G., and addressed to Monsieur Firmin and Andre. They were furious about all this superstition, and didn't calm down till an hour later...

Everybody went to dinner an hour and a half later. It was a good luck dinner, for not to later, the opera was going to start, and it was going to be Christine Daae's first time to sing. There were many different foods, but all the meat was the target for Beth's dinner. Crab, lobster, beef, chicken, even... Rabbit? She was in heaven, she just wished she could eat all of it, but she knew she'd make a bad impression. But, she got all the ballet girls' attention, because Beth seemed not at ease by having to use silverware. She semmed to flinch when she grabbed her fork...


Beth felt full, and it was now time to take her seat in box four. She had asked Monsieur Firmin and Andre if that could be her personal box. They shrugged and said "Why not?" She sat down in the velvet chair, feeling relaxed, when she franticly started to for a window. She sighed a sigh of relief when she saw there were no windows. Relax, Beth thought. She relaxed and watched the play happily, and felt as if she was being watched....

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ThePhantomGirl on September 29, 2011, 10:07:17 AM

ThePhantomGirl on
ThePhantomGirlOh I get it, christine (or who ever your main female charcter is) is a werewolf. ZZZZZZ.....