Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Erik and the Beast

A beautiful, young diva comes to the Opera Populaire and the Phantom soon takes interest in her, but is she what she appears to be?

Chapter 3 - Erik and the Beast

Chapter 3 - Erik and the Beast
Disclaimer: I own nothing
--------
The opera was wonderful. Beth was thankful she got to see Christine perform her first singing act, which was like listening to an angel. "She's good, very good..." Beth thought as she walked to the main entrance, to chat with some people. They were all dressed in very expensive dresses, all of shades of blue, red, or pink or very nice looking tuxedoes. Beth greeted many people, whom some she reconized, from long ago, but they didn't remember her. Beth's memory was real good, because she remembers people she didn't hang around a lot from ten years ago. Very amazing, and interesting. When beth looked around, she saw many smiling faces, which would make you think there'd be no harm here, but Beth kept feeling like something very bad was about to happen. She felt like a penguin catching fish, you feel like there's no harm and bam. A leapord seal comes and attacks the penguin. So much for feeling safe.

Most everybody was not really paying attention to Beth, because they were too busy sharing gossip. One, though, Beth noticed kept giving her glances. It was a short, some-what chubby man with black hair and dark eyes, wearing a black tuxedo. Beth showed no attention to him, except when the man kept staring at her. Beth was just finishing a conversation with a woman, in her fifties, when the man came up to Beth. "Hello. My name's Max. I belive your name is Beth, am I correct?" Beth just stared at him, then blinked. "Uh, yes. My name's Beth..." Before she could finish, Max grabbed her arm and started to take her to the entrance of the Opera Populair. "What are you doing?!" Beth asked, real startled. "I'm taking you to supper, of course." Beth tried to get her arm out of Max's grip, but she failed. "You know, you didn't ask if I wanted to go." Max stopped brefily and turned his head and said "Oh, I know you'll just love it, no question about it." One thought went through Beth's mind about max: Spoiled brat. Max continued to drag her to the door. Beth saw a carriage with a fat woman sitting in it, and a chubby man sat next to her. Max's parents, Beth thought, but her thoughts were broken as she was about to step out into the cold night. The moon shone brightly and Max kept pulling her towards the outside world. Beth tugged harder and harder to escape, but it was no use. "Stop pulling!" Max shouted. This got some people's attention. Max was standing in the pale moonlight and started to tug at Beth's arm, which was starting to become extreamly sore, but as soon as her arm came into moonlight, she managed to escape from Max's grip. Beth ran like a cheetah to the ballet dorms. Max was stunned, then all of a sudden, a stinging pain shot through Max's arm. He held up his hand and warm, bright red blood trickeled from cuts in his hand that he held onto Beth with. Max ran to his mom in the carriage, like a child and his mom babied him. (Beth was right about him being spoiled)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Beth ran through the crowd of people backstage. She tried to dodge all the people she ran into, but everything seemed like a blur of bright colors because she was running so fast. Beth needed to get to a room, but all of them seemed to be blocked off. That soon changed as she saw Raoul comming out of Christine's dressing room, and nobody but him was around there. "Are you ok?" Raoul asked as Beth charged into Christine's dressing room and locked it. Beth breathed heavily from all the running. She looked around at all the roses, flowers, and gifts Christine got from her performance tonight. She saw a rose with a black silk ribbon, then looked at the mirror. Beth had a feeling that mirror wasn't what it seemed to be and she went up to it and investegated it. She found that it slightly moved when she touched it, and soon found a crack along the side. Beth grabbed it and pulled the mirror frame to her left. A stone passageway was before her. Curious, she stepped into the dark and wet passage way. She closed the mirror behind her, and began to walk. She felt light-headed all of a sudden, then she blacked out...
-----------------------------------------------

Erik was working at his organ. The candle lights made flickering shadows across the room. Erik reflected on the night. He had to listen to his pupil, Christine, sing, instead of watching her because some idiot took his personal box. I'll have to show those stupid managers I mean bussiness... After the performance, he decided to congragulate Christine, but when he came to her room, the same person who was in his box was in her room, attempting to ask her out to supper. Christine plainly said 'no' when he went out of the room, saying he'd return in a few minutes. Two thoughts went through Erik's head about that boy: Spoiled brat and fop. After the boy left, Erik showed himself to Christine and took her to his house on the lake. He showed her around and she eventually fainted. Erik took her limp body and put her in the swan bed he made. Then there was that new girl Beth. There was something about her that made Erik want to meet her, or just talk to her. Was it her singing? Her voice was as beautiful as a thousand doves, but that didn't seem like that was the reason...

Erik's thought's were inturrupted by a very distant howl. He got the feeling someone, or something was intruding. Erik got up and took his cloak and went to his small boat. He got in it, and rowed to the opposite shore in a few minutes. When he got to shore, Erik climbed out and began investingating this laberinth. Erik noticed rats were running away from a certain point. He walked towards the hallway, which they were running away from. It was a lot darker, and Erik saw that several of the tortches were out. "Who same and put these out?" Erik wondered out loud. He took an extinguished torched and examined it. Nothing out of the unordinary, yet. It was just a plain, extinguished tortch. That's when he heard it. A growl from behind him. He turned around and he froze. There were two, blood red eyes staring right at him. He could barely make the outline of the monster. It was a bit taller than he was, had pointy ears, and nasty looking teeth and claws. It was also covered in fur. Erik just stood there, untill the monster crouched and pounced. Erik managed to sprint away, just in time. This was what was scaring all the rats. He ran, and dared not look back, for fear of being killed. Erik knew the beast was catching up, and he made a sharp turn. The monster attempted to strike him when he turned, but he just made a nasty scratch in the stone wall. A flying piece of stone hit Erik on the back of his neck, but luckily, it was small. The creature caught up. Erik could feel it's hot breath on his heels. Erik made another turn and he became happy. There was his boat in the lake. Erik sprinted and then jumped into the boat. He began to row the boat quickly, and looked back only when he was five feet away from the shore. All he saw of the creature was those blood red eyes, which looked very hungry. Then the eyes disappeared. Erik was relived only when he was sitting back down at his organ...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment