Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Rain's Decision

After Rain gets raped by Spirit's enemy, Blackhoof, she runs away unable to tell Spirit that the foal they will have might not be his. Along the way she meets a stallion who takes her in. Will Rain ever go back to Spirit?

Chapter 3 - Rain's Decision

Chapter 3 - Rain's Decision


Spirit lifted his head to find that Rain was still not back yet. It would be dark soon and he was starting to worry.



"Mother, can you watch the herd for me please?" he asked, walking over to her.



"Sure, Spirit but what for?"



"It's Rain. She's still not back yet from her trip to the forest." said Spirit. "I'm going to try and find her".



Ezperanza nodded and took Spirits usual post. She was worried about Rain too, considering the fact that she was like daughter to her. She looked out toward the herd, sighing, hoping that Rain would be alright.



.....................................................



Rain awoke to find herself completely alone. She didn't know how long she'd been out, but she did know that she had to get back to the herd. Knowing Spirit he probably would've sent all the warriors to go look for her. She stood up, shaking, but managed to stand. She looked behind her to find her tail ruffled up and damp. Blackhoof had raped her. Rain had been hoping it was all a dream she could've woken up from, but now she realized it was real. She trembled, straining her eyes and ears for any sign of Blackhoof. When she was certain he wasn't there she took off trying to get out of this terrible forest.



......................................................



Spirit increased his stride and ran faster, his mind set on finding Rain. He was almost toward the forest when Rain appeared out of the trees.



"Rain!" he cried. “What happened? Are you alright?"



Rain was about to tell him what had happened with Blackhoof, but stopped. If she did tell him and Blackhoof found out...... she didn't even want to know. Blackhoof was dangerous and she knew how horrible he was.....and what he would do.



"I'm okay Spirit, really. I just got lost in the forest" she lied.



"Are you sure you're okay?" he asked again.



Rain nodded, but then she got an idea. She smiled coyly and walked around him, looking him straight in the eye.



"Actually, Spirit I found this really great place in the forest" she said seductively.



Spirit was a bit confused until Rain added "Where we can be alone"

His eyes widened NOW he knew what she wanted to do. He smiled and looked toward his mother, who was standing at the top of the hill. He gestured toward Rain then at the forest. Ezperanza needed no more clues. She nodded encouraging him to go with her. He tossed his head and followed after Rain who was already starting toward the forest.



......................................................



Spirit and Rain were lying side by side together in a clearing. He was breathing hard and his body was covered in sweat. Rain didn't look much better than him, but he noticed that her eyes kept flickering over to him then away. Spirit frowned.



“Rain, are you alright? I-I didn't hurt you did I?” he asked, concerned.



Rain shook her head. “No, Spirit I'm okay, I'm just tired that's all”. (A/N- After doing that who wouldn't be? )



He smiled and gave her a soft nuzzle. Rain nuzzled him back and laid her head down on the grass, closing her eyes. She felt Spirit lay his head on the nape of her neck and the two horses went into an exhausting sleep.



…………………………………………..



A few days later Rain felt an odd tickling sensation in her abdomen. She called over the closest mare, who was BlackLegs.



“What's wrong Rain?” she asked, walking over to the paint mare.



“I'm feeling something weird in my belly, but I don't know what it is”


“Is it an odd tickling sensation?” asked BlackLegs . Rain nodded. BlackLegs chuckled.



“Oh, Rain do you know what this means? You're going to have a foal!”



Rain was shocked. “Are you sure?” she asked BlackLegs. The elder snorted.



“Am I sure? Of course I'm sure! After giving birth to a bunch of foals don't you think I know when a mare is pregnant or not?” she said irritably.



“Who's pregnant?” said a voice behind Rain.



She whirled around to see Ezperanza walking toward them, her brown eyes curious.



Before Rain could answer BlackLegs said “Rain is.”



Ezperanza's eyes widened and she squealed with happiness “Oh Rain that's wonderful! Does Spirit know?”

“I haven't had a chance to tell him”



“Tell me what?” said Spirit coming toward them. Rain looked unsurely at Ezperanza, but her mother-in-law gave her an encouraging nod.



“That I'm, uh, pregnant” answered Rain



“You're pregnant?” She nodded. Spirit started jumping up and down, bucking and kicking and squealing with excitement. “That's great Rain! When is the foal due?”



“It should be due in about eleven months or so” said a black and white pinto stallion who was Spottedcoat. He was also the herd's medicine horse.



Rain tried to keep in a sigh in frustration. Did every horse have to know she was pregnant?. Spirit sidled over to her and nuzzled her cheek. Then he trotted toward the bluff to tell the rest of the herd the good news. She wanted to stop him, but shook it off. The herd would've found out eventually. Tossing her head she went and stood next to him as he was about to tell them about her being pregnant.



“As you all may have, or may not have know my beloved mate, Rain is pregnant with the next leader of the Cimarron Herd. Since Rain is a first time mother, I would greatly appreciate it if some of the experienced mares would help her”



“Of course we would!” called a gray mare who was Graynose. Rain flushed in embarrassment and gratitude. Spirit nodded and dismissed the herd, then walked off towards the warriors who were ready to congratulate him. The rest of the herd were congratulating Rain and wishing her good luck. The only mare that had not congratulated her was Star, who kept giving her glares of anger and hatred. Rain didn't care; she and Star had been enemies ever since Spirit had brought her with him to his homeland. She knew Star had been in love with Spirit before he got captured by the wranglers, but now she was obsessive over the buckskin stallion.



“You okay?” asked Spirit walking over to her.



“I'm fine” said Rain, who was ignoring Star's jealous stare. “I just need some sleep”



Spirit nodded and nibbled her cheek then trotted off to go patrol the herd. Rain watched him, with a worried look. What should have been the happiest day in her life was the most miserable. Tired and exhausted she laid down and went to sleep.



………………………………………………………………………………………………



When Rain woke up, it was already nighttime. She felt a bit of weight on her neck and realized that Spirit's head was on her neck like a mother protecting her foal. She smiled and wiggled out from under his head. Spirit stirred but stayed asleep; quietly Rain began walking toward the lake which was on the other side of the bluff.

“Rain? Where are you going?”



Rain whirled around and saw Spirit looking at her curiously. Thinking fast she said “I'm just going to get a drink of water, that's all”



“Let me come with you” said Spirit starting to stand up.



“No, Spirit I'll be fine, don't worry”



A moment there it looked like Spirit didn't believe her, but he only nodded and went back to sleep. Rain let out a quiet sigh of relief then turned and galloped off.

`Please forgive me, Spirit I just can't bear to let Blackhoof hurt you or the herd' she thought as she ran into the night and away from the stallion and the herd she loved.


























Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

spiritrain on February 22, 2006, 5:23:49 AM

spiritrain on
spiritrainSo what do yall think? Is it good or what? Ill be adding more chapters soon. Later! ;)