Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Graystorm

After Rain gets raped by Spirit's enemy, Blackhoof, she runs away unable to tell Spirit that the foal they will have might not be his. Along the way she meets a stallion who takes her in. Will Rain ever go back to Spirit?

Chapter 5 - Graystorm

Chapter 5 - Graystorm






Raped



Chapter 5



Tears stung at Rain's eyes as she ran farther away from the herd. She had to get as far away from the herd as she could. At first she considered going to Little Creek's village, but she knew that would be the first place Spirit would look for her. The fort was an absurd idea and she knew she couldn't go there, so now she was just running anywhere as long as she could stay somewhere where Spirit wouldn't find her.



Rain slowed her gallop into a canter as she tried to stop crying, but couldn't. She finally slowed to a trot then finally a walk. Breathing hard, she looked around. It wasn't as far as she wanted to go, so she continued on at a walk. She shook her head sadly as tears went down her cheeks. She looked behind her at her belly, where it was carrying the foal of Spirit or Blackhoof. Rain sighed and looked up to the sky at the twinkling stars, looking for the brightest one. She closed her eyes and remembered the first time she met Spirit. He was stubborn after he got out of the fort, but who could blame him? Being tied to a post for three days without food and water could do things to a horse. After she tripped him with the rope when Little Creek tied them together, his stubbornness melted away into curiosity and friendship. Then it grew into love when they swam in the lake and when they were reunited after she got shot by the Colonel and Spirit was taken away. Rain opened her eyes and sighed sadly, her tears were gone but her heart was broken.



She kept on walking with her head and spirit's low. Then a familiar scent entered her nostrils. Water! Rain increased her pace and looked around for the source. There. A small stream was running a couple miles to the east. Her mouth watered and she cantered over to the stream and took a long refreshing drink from it. Satisfied she started grazing knowing she had to eat more know that she was pregnant. Suddenly she heard hoofbeats

and she lifted her head, tensing afraid that it was Blackhoof. She heard several snorts and realized that it was only a couple of colts. Rain tossed her head and gave a low nicker to the young horses.



“Who are you?” she asked. She couldn't see them but knew they were there. She heard another snort and four colts came out of some bushes. A chestnut stepped up to her, prancing and carrying his head high. Looks like he's the leader she thought as the chestnut stopped in front of Rain and smirked.



“The name's Ruffshod sweetheart and what's a pretty mare like yourself doing out here?” he asked, smirking “Don't you know it's dangerous for a mare like you to be out here?” Then he gave her a nip on her flank as though he owned her. Rain snapped at him angrily and pinned her ears back.



“What do you want?” she snapped. Some of the colts sneered and tossed their heads in excitement.



“Isn't it obvious?” the colt named Ruffshod asked, rasing his eyebrow. He gave her another nip and then put his head down in the snaking herding motion. Rain reared in warning and tried to bite the colt, but he jumped out of the way and grinned.



“Feisty one aren't you? Well I know how to handle mares like you, sweetness” he looked over his shoulder at the other colts behind him “Alright boys let's show this mare how we deal with horses who don't follow orders”.



The rest of the colts grinned and came toward her with their heads down and teeth bared. Rain reared again and bit the nearest one, taking a chunk out of his mane. The colt grinned and rushed at her nipping her back legs. By now all four of the colts joined in, giving Rain nips and bites all over her body. She reared again, but Ruffshod grabbed a hold of her mane, pulling it to bring her back down. Rain squealed in anger and fright, and then kicked at the nearest one. The colt dodged it and bit her neck. Rain reared again trying to get out of the circle of bachelors who surrounded her. Suddenly Ruffshod, getting annoyed with her, tackled her to the ground. Rain tucked in her legs instinctively under her belly protecting her unborn foal before she fell. She looked at the colts that were now above her who were smirking and readying themselves to steal her from the rest. Ruffshod stamped the ground impatiently.



“Out of the way, she's mine” he growled. The rest immediately obeyed and stepped aside. Rain tried to get up, but a black colt pinned her to the ground. Ruffshod stood beside her and gave her a painful bite on her flank. Rain tried to run, but Ruffshod pinned her, shoving the other colt away.



“Don't worry sweet thang this won't hurt a bit” he said grinning. Before he could mate with her a piercing scream filled the night sky. Rain looked up to see another stallion galloping towards them. Ruffshod turned to the other colts “Well? Get him!” he shouted. With angry whinnies they ran towards the stallion who gave a whinny of his own, but louder. The colts reared and tried to hit him, but the stallion was faster. He dodged all the hooves and tackled the nearest one. Then he ran toward Ruffshod shouting “Leave her alone!” Ruffshod ran toward the strange horse and tried to tackle him, but the stallion sidestepped and pushed Ruffshod into the dirt. The colt squealed then got up and ran, shouting over his shoulder “Next time you won't be so lucky!”



“I look forward to it!” shouted the stallion then he snorted and walked toward Rain, who was still on the ground. Rain tensed up, and laid her ears back. The horse lowered his head meaning he meant no harm, so Rain relaxed.



“Are you alright?” asked the stallion in a deep friendly voice. Rain nodded stood up shaking the dirt from her coat. She looked at the stallion that had saved her and bowed her head in gratitude.



“Yes I'm alright thanks to you” she said. By now she could see what he looked like in the moonlight which seemed to cast a silver sheen on his steel gray coat. His mane and tail were creamy white and he had darker gray stockings that reached up to his knee, but what struck her most were his eyes which were a blue even deeper than her own, almost the same color as the sky at night. She was so mesmerized by his eyes that she didn't hear what he asked.



“Sorry?” she asked. The stallion chuckled.



“I asked if you had somewhere to stay” he said smiling warmly.



Rain shook her head “No I don't” Then she thought of something “Wait are you trying….?”



“No I'm not trying to steal you” he said hastily “I only wish to help you”



Rain thought for a moment. If the stallion didn't want to steal her then maybe she could trust him. He seemed kind enough anyways. Plus, maybe she could hide from Spirit until she was ready to go back. Rain bowed her head to the stallion once more.



“Well then I accept your help” she said



“Good” said the horse then he turned and walked slowly off. Rain looked over her shoulder at her old home one last time. Tossing her head she followed the stallion at his pace.



“What are you doing here by the way? Don't you have a herd to live in?” asked the stallion slowing a bit so they could talk.



“I ran away from my herd……” then she trailed off. She didn't want to talk about what had happened and the stallion, sensing this, nodded his head in understanding.



“How far is your herd anyways?” asked Rain. She was starting to get a bit tired from her run and the incident with the bachelor stallions.



“I don't live in a herd” he said not taking his eyes off from the road ahead.



“Oh” Rain said a bit surprised. He must be a loner then she thought, but chose not to say it, not wanting to offend him.



They walked the rest of the way in silence with Rain stealing glances at him every now and then. He sure is quiet she thought as she glanced at him again. She gave a quiet sigh and continued walking when the stallion suddenly stopped causing her to almost bump into him.



“What's wrong?” she asked looking around for anything that might attack them.



“Just wanting to see if it was safe” he muttered, breathing in the air. Confused, Rain followed his gaze at a forest that seemed to go on for miles. Beyond the forest were mountains that seemed to touch the sky. At the edge of the mountains there was a cliff with roots still on its side as though the ground just collapsed and decided to take some trees with it.



“This is where you live?” she asked him in awe. “Is the whole forest yours?”



He chuckled. “No but I wish it did. I only own a part of it which suits me quite well”. Then he set off again at a gallop. Startled at his sudden movement, Rain hastily followed him to the edge of the trees. The stallion waited patiently then went into the woods when she was close enough. Rain started to follow then hesitated as the memories came back to her of what happened when Blackhoof attacked her.



“Are you coming?” asked the stallion looking over his shoulder.



“Oh, yes” Pushing the memory out of her mind, Rain followed him into the woods at a lope looking this way and that for any signs of danger. The stallion slowed and stopped in front of a wide cave which looked big enough for five horses to fit through if they standing side by side. Rain pricked her ears as she heard the drip, drip of water inside and the fluttering of bat wings. The stallion tossed his head and turned to Rain.



“Well it's not much, but it should protect us from the weather and predators” he said “Don't worry about the bats inside though, they won't attack you. They're actually pretty quiet”



Rain shook her head “It's alright” she said smiling. The stallion nodded and went inside with Rain following. When they reached the end of the cave he walked around in circles and laid down close to the entrance. Rain went in a bit deeper and did the same. She looked at him and when she saw he was still awake she got up and stood next to him.



“I want to thank you for what you did, saving me and everything.” she said “I'm Rain, by the way I didn't get a chance to introduce myself earlier”



The stallion smiled and bowed “Hello Rain, I am Graystorm and you can stay here for as long as you wish”



“Thank you Graystorm.” said Rain then with a final bow she went back and laid down to sleep as the sun peeked over the mountains.



Well there's chapter 5 and I'm gonna need you opinion on this. Should my chapters be longer or is it fine the way it is? Is the story too slow? I'll update over Spring Break, I hope anyways. Later guys! Oh and thnx for the reviews!



Spiritrain.












Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment