Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Search

After Rain gets raped by Spirit's enemy, Blackhoof, she runs away unable to tell Spirit that the foal they will have might not be his. Along the way she meets a stallion who takes her in. Will Rain ever go back to Spirit?

Chapter 6 - The Search

Chapter 6 - The Search






Hey guys! Sooooooo sorry's for not updating in over a month. I haven't been inspired lately and my brain was dead. Anyway's here's Chapter 6. Enjoy!







Raped



Chapter 6



A soft breeze blew over the land gently caressing the emerald green grass as it swayed back and forth in a never ending rhythm that would have almost hypnotized anyone staring at it for too long.



The breeze continued to blow until it was nothing more than a gentle whisper running over the earth and waking any creature still its slumber. One of these creatures happened to be a handsome buckskin stallion. Spirit. He stirred and then lowered his head expecting his mate's soft pale yellow mane. What he did not expect was running into a nose full of grass. Spirit opened his eyes and looked around to find that his mate, Rain was gone. Tossing his head, he stood up and shook the tiredness out from his body like a dog after getting its bath. He sighed and looked over at the sun, making his chocolaty brown eyes gleam in the early morning light.



Yawning quietly, he walked toward the bluff and watched the herd while still peeling his eyes for any sign of Rain. After some time, his brow furrowed in confusion and worry Where is she? he thought as his gaze cut into the herd searching for his beloved paint mare. Snorting he caught site of an aging palomino mare and walked over to her.



“Mother have you seen Rain anywhere?” he asked.



“No, Spirit I haven't seen her all morning, why?”



He sighed and looked toward the herd, still desperately trying to find any sign of her “I woke up and she was gone. She said she was only getting a drink of water last night, but she's still not back” his said, his voice filled with worry.



Esperanza gave him a comforting nuzzle “I'm sure she'll turn up Spirit. She always does”. Spirit only nodded and went to patrol the herd still deep in thought and scenarios playing in his head. He snorted and shook his head trying to clear it, but it only made it worse by playing `what ifs' causing him even more worry.



He was so absorbed in his thoughts that he didn't notice the creamy white Arabian mare he bumped into.



“Oomph! What-?” he looked around, bewildered, and then came face to face with Star. “Oh! Sorry Star! I didn't notice where I was going.”



Star only tossed her head and smiled almost in a seductive way. “That's alright Spirit. I wasn't looking where I was going either” Then she tossed her head, making her forelock fall in front of her eyes. Spirit shook his head and quickly changed the subject.



“Have you seen Rain around anywhere?” He asked



“Rain? I haven't seen her all morning” answered Star in almost a bitter tone. Spirit nodded and walked past her heading towards a young chestnut colt.



“Swifthoof, can you get all the warrior stallions to meet me at the bluff?” he asked bowing his head in greeting. Swifthoof nodded and ran off in search of the rest. The buckskin stallion watched him run off and then he walked toward the top of the bluff, the soft breeze tugging his ebony mane and tail. He sighed then his ears pricked at the sound of Swifthoof coming back with three other horses. They slowed and eventually came to a stop in front of him, bowing their heads in respect. He bowed his head in return and looked at them.



“Rain is missing and we need to find her. Split up and search then call out if you find anything.” he said. The stallions immediately ran off in search for the paint. Spirit watched them then turned to Esperanza. Before he could ask, she stopped him and nodded. He smiled and then ran off.



Hoofbeats furiously pounded across the land as Spirit and two of his warriors, Swifthoof and Mudcoat, ran at top speed looking this way and that for any sign of Rain. Spirit breathed in the air, hoping for a scent. There was none. He sighed then slowed down to a fast canter, his eyes showing a hint of sadness. Swifthoof and Mudcoat stared at their leader sympathetically and shook their heads. They missed Rain too and were determined to find her. Swifthoof gave Spirit an encouraging nudge and ran faster. Mudcoat nickered and increased his stride as well. The dun smiled and ran until he was next to them.



Suddenly his ears pricked at a distant whinny. He skidded to a stop and looked around for the source. His brown gaze searched the territory until he saw a white stallion rearing up in the distance. Without warning, he reared and ran toward the white horse who was Whitestorm. Swifthoof and Mudcoat were unprepared for their leader's sudden movement causing them to shy for a moment before they quickly caught up with him.



Whitestorm reared again and another whinny exited his maw. He came down and a few moments later, Spirit came galloping toward him with the other horses following.



“Did you find anything?” asked Spirit almost anxiously.



Whitestorm nodded and pointed his muzzle at the ground. Spirit followed his gaze and saw a small strand of yellow hair. There was also a faint scent of colts in the area mixed in with Rain's.



Whitestorm looked at Spirit “Do you think maybe a bachelor stole her?”



He shook his head “No. I know Rain and she would've fought back”. His brown gaze looked toward the sun which was high in the sky. He sighed and his head lowered in confusion. Why did Rain disappear? Where was she? Was she even still….alive? No, don't think about that! he told himself. He tossed his head and then an idea came to him. Little Creek's village. Maybe she was there. He lifted and looked at the stallions. “I think I know where she is. You can go back to the herd. You did a great job” he said and then galloped off



Spirit walked into the village absorbing the familiar sounds and sights. Not much has changed since he and Rain left moons ago. His ears pricked to familiar nickers and turning his head he spotted the three horses that were on the train with him. He nickered back and walked over to them.



“Hello, Spirit. What brings you here?” asked one of them.



“I'm looking for Rain. Do you know if she's here?”



They looked at each other and shook their heads. Spirit's head lowered and then he spotted the young human who had grabbed his nose during his stay with them. A small smile appeared on his face and he walked toward her. The young child giggled and wobbled on unsteady legs toward him. Before she even came close a human cry interrupted them. Spirit looked up and saw another human. The smaller one cooed and wobbled toward the other one.



Spirit sighed and turned to his three friends. “Thank you, but I must get back to my herd”



One of them nodded “We'll keep our eyes open for any signs of her, Spirit” The other two nodded in agreement and bowed their heads in farewell. Spirit bowed his head in return and then ran back toward the herd with his spirits low.



Esperanza was at Spirit's usual spot watching over the herd. The warriors had already returned and she was now waiting for her son to come back. She sighed then her ears pricked at the distant sounds of hoofbeats. She turned and saw a figure coming toward them. It was Spirit. She nickered excitedly and ran to meet him, but soon stopped when he saw the look in his eyes. Spirit slowed and gave her a nuzzle in greeting. She tried to smile, but couldn't.



“Did…you find her?” she asked although she already knew the answer by the look on her son's face. He slowly shook his head and then walked toward the lake, his head low to the ground. Esperanza watched him go Oh Rain, where are you? she thought sadly, looking up at the sky in despair.



So what did you think? I accept good and bad reviews, so don't worry. Oh and they'll be a cool pairing in later chapters. Once again I apologize for long update. The next chapter will come soon.



Spiritrain






Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment