Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Lesson Well Learned

This is another short story that i wrote for the plurlist contest, except this one was for this year. Oh, i won for this one too. ^_^

Chapter 1 - A Lesson Well Learned

Chapter 1 - A Lesson Well Learned
A Lesson Well Learned[/b]
 
Onesummer day, a family decided to go camping up north in Ontario, Canada. There was a mother, a father, a son and a daughter,and of course, who could forget their faithful dog, Huck. The drive up northwas long but fun. They played games and listened to music the whole time.Everyone was excited except for the boy. He didn’t want to go.
Whenthey finally got there and set up camp, the father and son went fishing fortheir dinner while the mother and daughter went swimming in a near-by lake.After about two hours had passed, everyone went back to the campsite so the dadcould cook dinner.
           “Whydid we have to go camping?” the boy whined to his mother. “Why couldn’t we haveat least brought a TV with us? I’m so bored!”
“Wewent camping to have some fun and to get you away from that retched TV,” themother stated. “All you ever do is sit on the couch and watch TV all day!”
Theboy moaned.
“Besides,”the mother continued, “all that TV is bad for you and you don’t learn anythingfrom it either!”
Thesmell of cooking fish was strong now. Suddenly, their dog, Huck, startedbarking at the trees.
“Whatis it Huck?” the boy asked.
Therewas a loud rustling noise in amongst the trees when, suddenly, this huge, browngrizzly bear emerged from them!
Thelittle girl dropped her dolls that she was playing with, screamed, and ranbehind her mother in pure terror.
“Quickly,”the boy said in a calm tone, “everyone! Slowly lie down, protect your neck andplay dead. Do not make any sudden movements!”
Thefamily slowly lay down and did exactly what the boy said.
Thedad, being closest to the dog, said “Huck, play dead!” Huck dropped down anddidn’t move.
Thebear walked over to the fire where the dad had the fish cooking. It grabbed thefish, ate it, looked around at the people and left.
Theywaited five minutes until they dared to get up.
Afterthey got up and the mom had found her voice again, she asked, “Son, how did youknow what to do when you encountered a grizzly bear?”
Theboy chuckled. “Who said you never learn anything from TV…”

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Tobys_chum_chum on April 19, 2005, 6:47:02 AM

Tobys_chum_chum on
Tobys_chum_chumi understnd why u won! i love it! im off to read more!