Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - drowning

The flames consumed my life, but I'm back on my feet and I shall never cease to search for the right course down the road of destiny, but in the end will I have the strength? OC
comment?porfavor:]

Chapter 9 - drowning

Chapter 9 - drowning
My teeth chatter uncontrollably in this hellish cold. I hear horrible strange noises. Pecking at my mind in this endless darkness.

I’m too frightened to stand any longer. I find myself curled in small ball, leaning upon the dank stones. I never should have come… I never should have come!

What has Meg dragged me into? I wrap my arms around my small shuddering body. My head snuggly hidden inside the safety of my arms. The mat of my bristly honey hair is strewn about like a dropped bucket of water.

Voices? Sounds invade my ears. It sounds like speaking. I dare take a small peek towards what I hear. What if Meg was in some sort of danger or trouble? Not likely I could help her against whatever maniac lives down here…

Yet I couldn’t just abandon my friend! Besides I couldn’t bear to stay in this small dank corner for much longer. I swear I hear breathing other then mine. How many people live down here? Tears of fright splash down upon my wet cheeks. It only takes the sound of unexplained shuffling feet to have me heedlessly hop into the dirty waters. This is much deeper lake water then before!

Meg made her way through it with ease, but I on the other hand began to shake and panic. The water touches the base of my throat. I gasp for breath! Where is the ledge? Where is the shore? Where am I?

The water licks my legs like a thousand needles. I cry out in pain, feeling the polluted water kiss my scarred legs.

“Help!” I cry out, my arms frantically flailing up and down. Splish splash… I am a wobbly fish with no fins nor tail! Black water pours into my open mouth! My hands desperately search for something, anything to grab onto. “Meg!”

…………………………………………………..

Christine’s POV
This mysterious man leads me into a modestly charming room, with pale blue walls and a soft looking bed. A thin lengthy looking glass hangs besides the little vanity. My eyes catch a quick glance, but I pull them away… I draw my attention back to Monsieur Bellamount.

“I…I don’t know how to thank you!” I tell him eagerly.

“It’s really not a problem,” he grins, placing my expensive attaché case onto the quilted bed. It wobbles on the yielding mattress. “How long do you plan on staying?”

“Perhaps a day or so,” I yawn, rubbing the fatigue from my eyes.

“You’re obviously exhausted, I shall leave you to rest,” he says. My eyes bolt open despite the weariness, my mind screaming “NO!” The realization that I truly didn’t want to be alone struck me feverishly.

“Please,” I beseech him, “Don’t leave me!” He quirks a brow curiously at my outburst. I fleetly regain my composure, blushing fierce.

“Is something the matter?” he asks surprised. I brush a stray curl behind my ear.

“I’m terribly sorry- I don’t know what’s gotten into me,” my words stumble out as awkward as I. He smiles kindly, “If you wish I’ll send a maid to check upon you later,”

“No, don’t trouble yourself,” I say, “Goodnight Monsieur, and thank you again,”

“Goodnight, Mm. Daaé,” he nods politely before exiting. I breathe heavily and fall upon the overly soft bed. My mind racing like a rapid river.

…………………………………………..

Meg’s POV

He snatches the mask from my quivering fingertips. His eyes a vacant stare. “You were one of them… Before the hideous renovations you were a ballerina,” he says blankly, rotating the mask in the candlelight. It’s like he’s reliving some old memory.

“Yes,” I manage to cough out. His eyes flicker with a strange curiosity. He suddenly comes towards me. I hold my breath.

Oddly enough he passes me looking out in the distant, “How many people did you bring here?” he asks in a fierce growl.

“What…?” I stammer, twisting my body around. Faintly I hear some commotion coming from the darkness.

Abruptly he grabs my shoulders and stares intensely with those emerald eyes. I gasp. “How many of those ballet rats did you bring with you?” he snarls.

“No one!” I lie, recoiling from his touch.

“Then who’s out there drowning?” he mutters. Drowning? Ebony? I stretch my gaze until I see a subtle silhouette of a struggling figure.

“Ebony!” I yell, rushing into the lake, but a strong grip hauls me back, “My friend-Ebony- she’ll drown! She can’t swim!”
“Stop, you’ll only drown both of yourselves,” he sighs.

“What do you propose to do?” I cry yanking my wrist free. He ignores my question, but wanders instead out into the darkness. I bite my nails anxiously. It takes a few moments before he reappears with knocked out Ebony. “What did you do to her?”

“She passed out from shock,” he explains, placing her on the cave’s floor. I kneel besides her. Why couldn’t you stay put?

………………………………….

Ebony’s POV


Everything is so blurry. Again I’m falling. Falling… Safe in brothers arms… Only brothers arms. I breathe in the sweet perfume of cinnamon. My face nestled in his chest. Ear pressed against his always beating heart. Voices. Faintly the light flickers my eyelids open…

My senses adjust to my new surroundings. Meg’s worried face looms above me. “Meg?” I whisper, watering sliding down the side of my mouth. Her tense face relaxes a little. I arise from my position, gazing at the sight before me!

“You’re awake!” she says, but my attention is focused elsewhere. There leaning upon a wall is a man. Upon his face is a skull shaped mask with piercing emerald eyes. Is this the man Meg had warned me of?
“You!” I gasp rudely. Meg gives me a look that tells me I ought to stop talking.

“Yes? Would you like to thank me for saving you, Mme. Valette?” he says smugly.

“You’re the Phantom?” I ask appalled. Meg shoots me another warning glance.

“I much prefer ruthless murderer, but I’ll answer to both,” he grumbles, “Still no thank you?” My eyes are opened in a still shock, realization hit me with great force. This was the man in the black domino… From that night…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment