Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

While cleaning out her attic,Sakura finds a beautifully encrusted bracelet.It has the Konoha symbol designed with emeralds and it has an inscription on it:To my beautiful Cherry Blossom with love yourOnyx Knight.What happened when she put it on her wrist?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
Naruto, The Middle Ages, chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don’t own Naruto!


Sakura hummed as she opened yet another box, eager to se what she would find inside. She didn’t see why people hated cleaning out the attic. It was so much fun, and every box contained something new, something that played a part in someone else’s life, something that was history. She looked down into the box, and pulled out an old dress. It was a deep crimson, it was very heavy, and appeared to be made of silk, with pearls sewn into the bodice.

‘This thing is ancient!’ She thought as she held it up. It revealed a full skirt, one that would have been worn with layers of petticoats underneath.
‘And look at it; it isn’t a dress, but a gown! It has to be from around the middle ages! How would my family have ever gotten something like this?’ She looked at the box, it was plain, an ordinary cardboard box, one that you would have thought that junk was stored in.
‘And why isn’t in something more protective? The cloth should have been eaten away by moths years ago. I wonder why it hasn’t yet.’ Sakura looked closely at the gown, and realized that the gown had some sort of jutsu protecting it, an ancient jutsu. ‘Why? What kind of person would need a jutsu to protect a gown?’ Sakura set the gown down next to her, and pulled out a pair of embroidered shoes, she looked at them, but couldn’t detect any jutsu being used, or ever being used on them. She then looked down into the box, it appeared to be empty, but just as she was about to put the shoes and gown back into it, something shining caught her eye. She picked it up and found a beautiful gold bracelet. It had the Konoha Village symbol designed on it with emeralds, and it had to have been expensive. Sakura examined it more closely, and found an inscription on it, on the inside of the bracelet. It read: To my Cherry Blossom, with love, your Onyx Knight.

‘It’s beautiful!’ Sakura thought to herself. ‘Whoever it belonged to had to be someone of the higher classes back then, no one else could have afforded it.’ Sakura carefully put the dress and the shoes back into the box, and set the bracelet nearby as she put things that were staying in the attic back where they belonged. She packed up the things that she had decided to get rid of, and placed them near the stairs so that she could come back up and get them at a better time. ‘I can probably convince Naruto and Sasuke to help me with these later. I’ll have to give them a call.’ She then turned and picked up the bracelet, and headed downstairs to see what she could find out about it. Just as she was about to pull out a book of her family’s history, one that she remembered her mom telling her was there, but had never actually had the time to pick it up to read, she heard a knock at the door.

‘Who could it be?’ Sakura wondered as she slid the book back into its place, and walked to the door to find out who was bothering her. She opened it to find the rest of her team standing there.

“Sakura, why weren’t you at the training grounds? You were supposed to be there half an hour ago, and you’re not one to be late.” Kakashi said.

“Training grounds?” Sakura said confused, and then it hit her. “Oh! We were supposed to train today! I’m so sorry, Kakashi-sensei! I was cleaning out the attic and I lost track of time, I’ll grab my stuff and then be right back!” Sakura ran upstairs, grabbed her training gear, then quickly ran back downstairs to join her team, all the while holding the golden bracelet in her hand.

“Ok, I’m ready!” Sakura said as she joined the rest of her team. She reached to shut the door, and when she did, the sun hit the bracelet in her hand, causing it to glint.

"Sakura, what’s that in your hand?” Naruto asked curiously.

“Oh, it’s something that I found in my attic.” She replied simply, not wanting to bring attention to the age, or possible value, of the piece of jewelry.

“Really?” Kakashi said, as he quickly grabbed it out of her hand to examine it. “it appears to be a very old bracelet, something of possible value.”

‘It’s like he read my mind!’ Sakura thought while she said, “Oh, yes, I suppose it could be.” Kakashi handed the bracelet back to her.

“You’d better take care of it, you wouldn’t want anything to happen to it.” Kakashi said.

“Don’t worry, I will.” Sakura said.

“Good.” Kakashi said. “Now, let’s go.”

She looked down at it and then thought, ‘What could it hurt to wear it to training?’ She undid the clasp and placed the golden ring on her arm, fastening it quickly. Once she had done so, she was greeted by a big flash. All she could see was her team around her, and they looked just as bewildered as she did as a huge breeze started to pick up, swirling around them, almost as if to whisk them off somewhere…

A/N: ok, well, I got this idea, and I had to type it up. I’m just trying to get an idea if people like it or not, and if I get some reviews saying that I should continue with it, I might try to keep up with two stories at once, depending on what people think of this one. This will be a fanfiction based on the Middle Ages, and right now just about anything could happen with it.

Comments

Comments (12)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Forestdahedgehog on October 14, 2008, 6:49:03 AM

Forestdahedgehog on
Forestdahedgehogpretty awsum XD lol

winxgirl21 on October 15, 2008, 6:28:13 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks =)

kogalover2013 on November 5, 2007, 11:54:53 AM

kogalover2013 on
kogalover2013cooleo my inner sakuras daydreaming with wonder

winxgirl21 on November 6, 2007, 5:40:05 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21^-^

Symphoniaprincess101 on July 2, 2007, 4:54:45 AM

Symphoniaprincess101 on
Symphoniaprincess101Coolness^^20 cookies already for this story^^

winxgirl21 on July 2, 2007, 5:13:44 AM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21Thanks! ^-^ yay, more cookies!

waterbender00 on July 1, 2007, 9:54:10 PM

waterbender00 on
waterbender00This is gonna be awesome. ^^

winxgirl21 on July 1, 2007, 10:47:09 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks! ^-^

sasukeXsakuraforever on July 1, 2007, 12:25:59 PM

sasukeXsakuraforever on
sasukeXsakuraforeverOooooh! Now this is interesting!!! I always loved Naruto fanfics that goes back into the past... or possibly the future... I dunno, its a cliffhanger, I always guess at these things. You should continue! Accually... you NEED to continue!! It's very exciting!! ^_~

winxgirl21 on July 1, 2007, 10:46:26 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21THanks! I'm going to put the next chapter up later today! ^-^

crazicat06 on July 1, 2007, 12:22:22 PM

crazicat06 on
crazicat06Cool so far.

winxgirl21 on July 1, 2007, 10:45:16 PM

winxgirl21 on
winxgirl21thanks ^-^