Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - The Road to Rio

A special episode of Sonic GeneX-The Series acknowledging Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games. Features no actual Olympics.

Due to events in Sonic GeneX, Sonic is being hunted by GUN, and needs to sneak out of the country to get to the Olympics in Rio. While he heads through the Mushroom Kingdom to meet Team Mario, Mario & Luigi journey through Green Hill Zone in search of Sonic.

How do these heroes fare in each others' worlds? Let's find out...

Chapter 0 - The Road to Rio

Chapter 0 - The Road to Rio
Sonic GeneX - The Series
Special Episode - The Road to Rio
Note: Sonic the Hedgehog and related characters are (c) SEGA and
Sonic Team. You knew that, right?
Super Mario and related characters are (c) Nintendo
GeneX and related fanchars are (c) 2BIT (TheGreatGator), the author.

Previously on Sonic GeneX...
Col. Gunner has placed a bounty on Sonic's head! Oh, no! And it's an Olympic year, too! How will Sonic get to the site of the Rio Olympic Games?
Now, let us begin today's story...

It was a perfectly lovely day in the Mushroom Kingdom. Mario had been summoned to Peach's Castle, he assumed on business related to the upcoming Olympic games. He made his way to the throne room, passing countless cheery Toads as he went. Then he got there and found an irate Toadsworth to greet him. "Where have you been, Mario!? This is no time for lollygagging! There's serious business to attend to!" he said, flabbergasted. Mario looked a bit confused, and then saw Peach looking over a letter near the throne. He hurried past Toadsworth and greeted her. "Right. No one ever listens to me. Why do I even bother?" the old Toad grumbled. Peach looked up at Mario with concern. "You should read this, Mario. I can scarcely believe it..." she said. Mario took the letter and mumbled to himself as he read it. Then he gasped loudly. The letter read: "To the ruling body of the Mushroom Kingdom, It is my understanding that you have taken to hosting special Olympic-related events, competing with Sonic the Hedgehog. This hedgehog is currently a fugitive, and we hope you wouldn't harbor a fugitive... Though we would naturally allow the Olympics to commence if he somehow arrived there. However, we would appreciate your cooperation in handing the fugitive over should he make contact. Otherwise, relations between our nations could suffer greatly... Hoping it all works out. -Col. Richard Gunner."
Toadsworth shook his head. "I always suspected that Sonic was a troublemaker... So cocky..." he mumbled. Peach shook her head. "No... This doesn't add up. Right, Mario?" she asked, to which the typically silent plumber nodded. Peach motioned to a conveniently positioned warp pipe behind her throne. "He probably won't be able to get to Rio from his own airport, though. You should use this warp pipe to go to Sonic's world and fetch him!" she suggested. Mario gave a thumb's up and headed for the warp pipe. As he did, Luigi entered. "Hey, bro! You left without me!" he shouted, "Hey, where's that pipe go?" he asked before Mario jumped in. "Hey, wait!! ...Should I bring Yoshi??" he stammered, not sure what was happening.

However, Sonic had come up with a similar idea, and had found a warp pipe that would lead to the Mushroom Kingdom which was concealed in the sewers of Troblusk City. Tails joined him, while Copter and Gemini were there to see them off, since Gemini had used her magic to locate the warp pipe to begin with. "You're a fugitive but the Olympic Commission still invites you anyway. They even invited some of those freaky Deadly Six. WHEN DO I GET AN INVITE??" Copter shouted. Sonic and Tails chuckled awkwardly. "Maybe I'll get a plus-one someday..." Tails sighed. Gemini glanced in the darkness of the large green pipe. "Are you sure this is a good idea? You remember what happened in Vancouver..." she muttered. Sonic scratched his head. "Umm... Did any of that really happen? I sorta remember some weird thing where Eggman stole the snow, but... were you there??" he muttered. Gemini's eyes went wide as she realized her mistake. "Errr... No, me and Copter were never at the Olympics. Ever. Geez, thanks for leaving me with goofy memories, 2BIT..." she grumbled, leaving them even more confused. "Oh well... See you in a month or so, guys! ...Unless I don't!" Sonic said, hopping into the warp pipe! "I've never really seen the Mushroom Kingdom before. This should be... interesting..." Tails said, following him. Copter glanced at Gemini. "What's a 2BIT...?" he asked. "Shut up." she sighed.

Sonic and Tails emerged with Peach's castle in the distance. They could see it, but there were a few miles between them and the Toad town near the castle gates. Blocks, floating platforms, and patrolling members of Bowser's forces could be seen in their way. "Hm... It's like Super Eggman Land. I thought he was ripping something off..." Sonic said, running ahead slowly enough for Tails to follow. "Do you think it's dangerous with all these creatures roaming around?" the fox asked. Sonic chuckled. "No way. Here, you can take this turtle!" Sonic said, motioning to a Koopa Troopa ahead. Tails looked at it awkwardly. It was heading towards them, not seeming particularly dangerous. In fact, it almost seemed wrong to attack it. However, when it got close, it started to charge in their direction. "Oh! I can collect on that bounty!!" it said, making Sonic groan loudly. "Even HERE!?" he whined. Tails slapped the Koopa away with a tail whip. "No problem!" he said as it went spinning away inside its shell. It then bounced off a low block and came crashing right back into the fox, knocking him on his behind! "Ow!! What the??" he yelped. Sonic sighed and kicked the shell away. "Yeah... They do that. Well, let's keep going..." he muttered. As they walked, Tails saw a ? block, and smiled. "I always wanted to try this..." he said, jumping up and bonking it with his head. "Yow!! That's hard!!" he groaned. "That's why Mario wears a hat...I guess." Sonic chuckled. Out of the block popped an egg, and out of the egg popped a Yoshi. "Yay! You saved me!" The Yoshi cheered. "Uh... Boy, you grew up fast..." Sonic stammered, "Well, uh, take care..." he said, moving on. "Wait! I can help you!" Yoshi shouted. "Heh, I doubt that. I can handle myself pretty well." Sonic said smugly. Yoshi stood on the block with a frown. "Well... You'll see. You'll be back. And I'll be waiting right here!" he said. Tails glanced up at Yoshi and shrugged. "Aw, we can't leave you like this..." he said, twirling his tails to fly up and land on Yoshi's back! "Yay! OK, just point at anything you want me to eat!" Yoshi said. Tails scratched his head. "Ummm... Okaaaaay..." he muttered.

Meanwhile, Mario & Luigi had emerged somewhere in Green Hill Zone. They looked around, a bit lost, and shrugged. "Well, I guess we have to get through this level, bro." Luigi figured. Mario nodded, and with a "Let's-a go!" they were off! They hadn't gotten far before a Motobug appeared in their path. "Ah, I know about this, bro. It's like the Goomba of this place." Luigi said, heading over with the intention of jumping on it. However, it was one of the newer Motobugs, and it charged at him at high speed, forcing Luigi to run in a panic! The robot chased Luigi around Mario in circles for a bit before Mario sighed and jumped on it. It took a couple jumps to break the hard metal, but afterward a small rabbit hopped away happily. "Whooo... Where does Sonic get the energy for this?" Luigi mumbled. The pair walked a bit further, picking up rings in much the same way they would gather coins. It was a good thing, because soon they came across a bridge where they were taken off guard by robotic fish jumping up from below! Their rings went flying as they did, but they were otherwise fine. "Hey!! This isn't a jumping Cheep-Cheep level!" Luigi complained, "They tricked us, bro!" Mario ignored him and set to work gathering up some of their rings again. "We never have this problem holding onto coins..." Luigi sighed. They carefully crossed the bridge and continued to a ledge, where they started preparing to jump to the other side. Suddenly, they heard a crumbling noise, and glancing down in the direction of the sound, they noticed the ground beneath their feet had collapsed. Panicked, their legs went back and forth in midair for a bit before they plummeted down to the lower path of Green Hill Zone, Luigi landing first followed by Mario landing on top of him somehow. "Oooof!! Wha-what was that...? Why did the floor break, Mario? This place has no rules..." Luigi groaned while Mario climbed off him and apologetically helped him up. They looked up and sighed, realizing that the clearly quicker upper route was out of their reach. This was likely to be a long day.

As Sonic continued along, he started to see why Yoshi was needed to get through the area. First, he came across several peaceful looking Wiggler worms that were blocking the road. "I guess Mario would just jump on these and keep going..." he figured. However, jumping on them was a big mistake. They turned red with rage, and chased Sonic around viciously! If there were more room to run, Sonic could have easily put distance between them, but instead he ran frantically around the narrow walkway that the worms were occupying, trying to escape them! "My jumps don't work!? I smash METAL robots!! Why don't my jumps work!?" he shouted. Tails shrugged and pointed Yoshi at the Wigglers, prompting him to extend his long tongue and swallow them one by one like giant noodles. Sonic and Tails both turned a bit green as they realized Yoshi just ate worms. "...Ewww... I mean, thanks, but... Ewwww!!" Tails groaned. "That was yummy! But I hope we find Shy Guys. They're my favorite." Yoshi said cheerfully, making Sonic shudder. "Let's uh... keep going..." he said. They came across some pipes where Piranha Plants were emerging and spitting fireballs next. "This shouldn't be trouble..." Sonic said, speeding past the fireballs and jumping up to strike the plants, only to fall back yelling a moment later. "He BIT me!!! That stupid plant BIT ME!!!" he shouted, a rather indignant look on his face. Yoshi's tongue pulled one of the plants into his mouth, and then he spit a fireball back out, burning the others and eliminiating them. "Better?" he smiled. "...Stop showing off!" Sonic grumbled, "I'll figure things out if you let me!" he added, stomping off. Tails patted Yoshi on the head. "I appreciate your help, pal." he told him. "Traitor!" Sonic grumbled. Sonic would eat his own words moments later, as they came to a vast expanse covered in black Muncher plants. They were everywhere, and they were basically nothing but snapping mouths on stems. Sonic shuddered. "OK... Eat away..." he sighed. Yoshi frowned. "I can't." he said, making Sonic groan louder. "I can walk you across, though." Yoshi offered. Tails hopped off of Yoshi so Sonic could grudgingly climb on. The fox followed from the air while Yoshi walked across the plants safely. "Wait... I have shoes, too. These things are safe!" Sonic mumbled, hopping off for a second before shrieking and bouncing back to safe ground, holding his pained toes. "I just don't understand this place!!!" he yelled, frustrated.

So, Sonic rode Yoshi across the sea of Munchers. He groaned as Yoshi trotted along. "I HATE this... It's bad enough I can't move for myself, but do you have to be so SLOW??" he groaned. "You try carrying someone around, pal." Yoshi said, a tad annoyed with Sonic's attitude. Tails nodded. "Yeah, I know... He should lay off the chili dogs, huh?" he chuckled. Soon, they were across the Munchers, and they found a trio of turtles ahead of them: a Hammer Bro, a Fire Bro, and a Boomerang Bro! Sonic hopped off Yoshi, ready to fight, but the first hammer went right over his head and hit Yoshi, making him yelp and run back across the Munchers in a panic! "Waaaaaaugh!! The pain, the pain!!" Yoshi cried as he ran. "Wait, come back!!" Tails shouted. "I'll be okay!! I just hate hammers!!" the dinosaur called back as he raced away. Sonic shrugged. "Whatever. Let's do this!" he said. Tails looked up and saw another ? block. "Maybe this'll help..." he suggested, smacking it with his tails before dropping to the ground this time. A Fire Flower popped out, and Sonic hopped up to examine it while the Bros. tossed projectiles without aim. "He'll walk right into my boomerangs... Just wait..." one of the bros. mumbled. However, touching the flower filled Sonic with a new energy, and inverted the red and white colors of his shoes and gloves as well! "Woooo!! I feel HOT! Let's see what I can do..." he said, racing down toward the bros and unloading fireballs on them rapidly, knocking them all out quickly! He then saw rows and rows of Goombas heading their way. "Hehe... Eat your heart out, Blaze..." Sonic chuckled, dashing ahead and blasting the Goombas in a rapid-fire fashion without slowing down! "This is AWESOME!!!" he shouted, while Tails ran after him. "Sonic!! Wait for me!!! I know you didn't like riding Yoshi but SLOW DOWN!!!" he yelled, panting as he tried to catch up.

Mario and Luigi had come to a large loop formation in their path. There wasn't really a way around it; Spike traps had been set beside the loop to prevent going around. (Just in case anyone was thinking of not playing by side-scroller rules.) Mario shrugged and tried to dash through the loop, but he couldn't build up enough speed to get halfway up, and slid back down. "I'll try it, bro!" Luigi said, running faster and climbing nearly up to the roof before sliding off and landing on his head! "Yeow!! This looks like something ONLY Sonic can pass! How will that allow for multiplayer?" Luigi mumbled. Suddenly, a man in an alligator suit appeared in a puff of smoke and glared at Luigi. "Stop breaking the fourth wall! That's MY thing!" said Gator, waving to Mario, "Well, that takes care of my cameo. Byeee!" he said, disappearing as suddenly as he'd appeared. Luigi had crawled away from the loop and stood up, looking up. "Hmmm... I think I see something on top of it..." he mumbled, running back to get enough room for a triple jump. While he did that, Mario walked into the loop and examined it. With a hop, skip and a big jump, Luigi landed atop the loop, stumbling a little at the edge. "Whoa!! Hah! Did you see that, Mario?! I'mma the best jumper!!" he bragged. However, Mario wasn't watching. "Awww..." he mumbled, looking at the object he'd noticed from below. It was a TV monitor displaying a blue sphere. "Hmmm... Could this be a power-up? Yahoo!! I wonder what it does!!" Luigi said, stomping the monitor excitedly only to find a shield surround him as a result. "Um... Okay... What's this do? Can I shoot it? Does it let me roll around...?" Luigi wondered. After a moment, he realized it was merely a shield. "Mamma mia... What a gyp..." he sighed, hopping down to the other side of the loop to find Mario casually walking across the bottom of the loop without bothering to attempt to run through it. "Whaaaaat??" Luigi gasped, feeling a bit stupid and more than a little frustrated. Mario looked at his shield curiously, but then a Buzzbomber flew up to them and swiftly blasted the shield to nothing! "Hey!! Get back here!! Ohhh, no...." Luigi groaned.

They continued on and found a wall that appeared breakable. They kicked and banged at it for a bit, but they couldn't get through. "Too bad we forgot our hammers..." Luigi sighed. As they turned to look for another place to go, a pair of Newtron robots appeared out of nowhere and charged at them like rockets! The Mario Bros. yelped loudly and jumped the surprise attackers, which crashed into the wall and destroyed it! "...Something tells me we've cheated in some way, but let's go anyway." Luigi said, panting to catch his breath. They headed through this wall and found a small tunnel going through the mountain in front of them. They would barely even fit in this tunnel. "Maybe we should go back and find another way... I don't want to run into robots while crawling around..." Luigi shivered. Mario crouched down to look at the tunnel, curious about it. He reached his hand inside carefully, and suddenly he felt himself sucked in! As Luigi watched Mario go tumbling into the tunnel, he yelped and ran over to it without thinking. "Mario!! Mari-ooooooo!!!" he shouted, slipping and sliding into the tunnel as well! Something like a vaccuum propelled them through the twisting and turning tunnel, forcing them to tumble in red and green balls until they went flying out of the tunnel, soaring through a bunch of conveniently floating rings before crashing into a Buzzbomber and landing in heaps on the ground, the blue bird freed from the Buzzbomber landing gracefully beside them. "I wanna go home, Mario..." Luigi whined. Mario stood up dizzily and shook his head, looking around. They couldn't be too far from the end of Green Hill Zone. He grabbed Luigi by the arm and hurried along, Luigi groaning groggily as they went. They passed a sign that spun around slowly as they ran by, stopping a bit sideways due to an insufficient amount of speed used to spin it. Gator reappeared at this moment to fix the sign. "Do I have to do everything? There. The guys with the hats got throught Act 1. Wait, we don't have time for that... Better make this Act 2. Good luck in Act 3!!" Gator shouted, waving despite the fact they were already gone.

Sonic had lost his fire-power when a cloud-flying Lakitu smacked him with a randomly tossed Spiny. Sonic had wanted to take revenge on this high-flying foe, but as Tails caught up, another Spiny came flying at him. "Yaaaah!! It's raining spikes!!" he cried, jumping away and crashing into Sonic! The two of them tumbled over a ledge and fell into a warp pipe, popping out in an underwater cavern where Sonic sank straight to the bottom. Unfortunately, there wasn't a bottom the rest of the way across. Plus, there were no air bubbles. "Noooooo!!" was all Sonic could manage to gurgle as the situation became clear to him. Tails swam over to a ? block and hit it, revealing what appeared to be... a frog suit?? He tossed it to Sonic, and when he held it, there was a loud noise and a burst of smoke before Sonic suddenly emerged wearing the frog suit, and a very unhappy scowl. "This isn't funny..." he growled. As he moved, however, the suit urged him to move his arms and legs in a way he'd never done before. "Huh...?? The suit...knows how to swim?!" Sonic stammered. He was still clumsy compared to Tails, but the two of them started to swim through the water cavern. A few fishy Cheep-Cheeps lazily swam in their direction, but they were pretty easily avoided. "This is much more relaxing than Labyrinth or Chemical Plant Zone..." Sonic thought. However, the peace was soon shattered as a pair of squid-like Bloopers started erratically jumping their way! "What's THAT?? Why is it moving like that?? Get it away!!" Sonic thought as he and Tails swam frantically to avoid the sea creatures. However, it was no use! The Bloopers swatted them in the heads once, twice and a third time! Then, they stayed ominously above them as Sonic and Tails didn't dare swimming up anymore. "Huh... They stay over our heads..." Sonic observed. "Uh, Sonic..." Tails gurgled, pointing to the exit pipe over their heads. Additionally, ominous music started to ring in their ears. They swam frantically, with only five seconds until their lives would end! The Bloopers whacked and slapped them, but the situation was too dire! As they burst out of the pipe, gasping for breath, Sonic had one question. "Why didn't my suit disappear when they hit me?" he muttered, prompting the suit to vanish as though correcting a plot hole. "That's better..." he sighed.

A devious trap awaited the Mario bros. as they continued. They found a long sea of spikes, and the only clear way to cross them was a spring pointed straight up just before that sea of spikes began. "I'm glad these rings protect us, but... Why does that have to mean more pain?" Luigi shuddered. Mario glanced across the spikes, considering the distance. At any rate, this would be good practice for the Olympic long jump. He ran back to get some distance, and charged at the spring, building up speed before launching off of it! "Nice jump..." Luigi muttered, and then winced as Mario came back, bouncing up and down while holding his foot. Now he needed more rings. "I've got this, bro!" Luigi said, making his own attempt. However, he tripped over the spring and was sent flying straight up, landing back down on the spring again and again. "Whoooooaaaa!!! M-m-maaaaariooooo!!" he wailed, seeming a bit stuck. Mario watched him for a bit, and caught something out of the corner of his eye. There was something hidden in a nearby tree, which the spring would easily launch them up to. He nodded, and jumped on the spring, grabbing Luigi as he aimed for the tree and struck the hidden item box! The box depicted an image of Sonic's sneaker, and after striking it, both Mario and Luigi started to feel filled with energy. They landed on the ground, and Mario took off like a shot! "Whoa!! We can speed up?? Why isn't there a mushroom that can do that??" Luigi said, running to catch up to Mario. This time, Mario easily had enough speed to bounce off the spring and land on the other side! Luigi followed closely, but the immediate landing area was another crumbling ledge, and while Mario stepped onto land safely, Luigi jumped up holding his bottom after tumbling back into the spikes. "Gaaah!! I can't win!!" he whined. Mario grabbed his arm and led him on a dash through the next area, taking advantage of the speed for as long as they had it, using it to go right through a loop and safely pass some Buzzbombers! It ran out just as they reached a long rotating pole covered in spikes serving as a bridge. "...MORE spikes?? Mamma mia..." Luigi sighed.

Speeding their way closer and closer to Peach's Castle, Sonic and Tails found the sky grow inexplicably and suddenly dark as they approached a house beyond a flag pole that they chose to ignore. "Um... That place is clearly haunted." Tails shivered. Sonic nodded. "Yep, you'd have to be an idiot to go inside instead of going around this place..." he stated, starting on his way around the side of the ghost house. Suddenly, a pair of ghostly Boos flew out of the wall and started to follow behind them! "Sonic...? Do you ever get the feeling you're being followed?" Tails asked. "Well, I AM always ahead of you..." Sonic shrugged. Suddenly, a creepy laugh sounded behind them, and Tails felt his two tails yanked. "Yow!! Aaaaaaaahhh!!" he yelled, running frantically while Sonic turned to see what had freaked him out. All he saw was a pair of blushing Boos hiding their faces in their hands. "Uhhhh... Don't tell me you're scared of these guys, Tails... Look at them. They're pussycats." he said, but Tails was long gone. "Huh? Hey! Where ya goin' you coward??" he stammered, running after the fox. The Boos chuckled mischivously as they sped away, but didn't chase them. Sonic found Tails back in the bright and sunny fields of the non-haunted Mushroom Kingdom. He was resting under a tree, and Sonic tapped his foot impatiently as he waited for him to catch his breath. A brown leaf gently dropped down from the tree, and Sonic noticed that it seemed to be... looking at him? "Hey, this is kinda like that flower..." he muttered, picking it up. With a similar noise and burst of smoke to before, Sonic was suddenly standing in a raccoon* costume! (*tanuki) Tails looked up at him and tried to choke back his laughter, but he couldn't contain it. "AH ha ha ha ha!! You look adorable, Sonic!!" he snickered. Sonic growled. "Mario is way too into cosplay..." he grumbled.

They continued on their way a bit further, and Tails saw another ? block. "No, keep it away!!" Sonic shuddered, jumping away and crouching in a nervous fashion. Tails bonked the block, and a bell with eyes popped out, landing right on his head! With a poof, Tails suddenly found himself wearing a two-tailed cat suit, and compelled to meow. "What the-- meow...??" he gasped. Sonic looked and rolled over laughing, his ringed tail wagging playfully. "What is the point of these suits??" Tails groaned. They would have to find out after Sonic finished laughing.

Meanwhile, Mario and Luigi found some colorful critters flying around the airspace ahead of them. They were small, tentacled critters; the alien Wisps. Luigi shivered as he watched them. "W-what do you think they are? Um... You go f-first, Mario..." he stammered. Mario tilted his head, seeming confused. Luigi thought for a moment and shared his sentiment. "This does seem pretty different from the rest of the level, even with all the craziness we've seen." he muttered. Closer inspection of the scene revealed Orbot and Cubot trying to catch the small aliens. Cubot glanced at them, seemingly having heard Luigi's mutterings. "Hey, you can't expect a place to stay the same for 25 years in a world that actively has plot and character interaction!" he told them. Luigi rubbed his chin. "Hmmm... Right, I guess Bowser's Castle has gone through a lot of renovations over 30 years, too..." he nodded. Mario ran out and raised his fists to Orbot and Cubot, realizing they were attacking the apparently innocent aliens. "Huh? Speak up, man! We all know you can talk!" Orbot shouted, "Oh, fine... I guess you want to stop us... Good thing we brought boss machines! Wait right here!" he said, rushing off. Luigi ran over to join Mario, and yelped as Orbot returned flying an Egg Mobile with a wrecking ball attached. "Oh, no! It's too high! How will we jump on his head!?" Luigi whined. Suddenly, the Wisps flew down to them. An Orange Wisp flew into Mario and filled him with energy. Being the master of power-ups he was, he understood immediately, and stood under Orbot, transforming into a rocket with a red hat and a mustache! "What?? That's just disturbing!" Orbot yelped as the rocket flew up and snapped the wrecking ball off the Egg Mobile, forcing Orbot to retreat! The ball bounced to the ground and started to roll, chasing the panicked Luigi. "Waaaaaah!! Help meee!!" he yelled. A violet Wisp flew into Luigi and turned him into a frenzied creature with a green cap, which tore the ball to bits with its giant jaws! Mario watched in horror after the orange Wisp had left him. Frenzy-Luigi chased after Cubot next, the robot frantically trying to avoid becoming dessert! "Why'd we even want these aliens again anywaaaaaay??" he yelped, hurrying away as Luigi reverted to normal. These Wisps would come in handy, it seemed.

With the aid of a couple Cyan Wisps, Mario and Luigi breezed past the rest of Green Hill Zone as a pair of lasers. At the end of the Zone was Amy Rose, who watched as the pair of plumbers emerged dizzily from the lasers, stumbling about quite cartoonishly. "Uh... I guess you two saved the Wisps. I was just on my way there since Sonic wasn't available to take care of it..." Amy said. "S-s-sonic.... We're here... To take him t-to... Rio..." Luigi babbled, while Mario had already gotten over his dizziness. Amy giggled at this. "You came all this way for that? Oh, dear... This is so funny, though! You see, Sonic already left for the Mushroom Kingdom hoping you guys would take him up there!" she explained. Mario and Luigi stared in utter disbelief, and Luigi fell over, groaning "Mamma mia..."

Meanwhile, Sonic and Tails had discovered the abilities of their suits. Sonic was now flying them toward the castle with Tails on his back, slashing his cat-claws at any Lakitus that dared try to stop them! "I don't know how flying with a tail works, but it's awesome!" Sonic cheered. "I fly with tails all the time..." Tails pointed out. The pair of them soon arrived at the door to Peach's Castle, where they were met by Blaze, surprisingly. "I thought I'd meet you here, guys... Why are you dressed like that?" she stammered. Marine emerged from inside the castle, and ran beside Blaze, where she was quick to point something out. "Strewth! You blokes are copyin' us!! Well... I guess it IS the sincerest form of flattery!" she said, giggling. Blaze smiled as well. "Yeah... And you do look adorable as a cat, Tails." she said. Tails blushed and groaned. "Cut it out!! Don't tease us! We've had a rough day!" he stammered. "So has Mario..." came a voice at the door. It was Princess Peach, and a pair of exhausted Mario Bros. followed her. "Oh, don't you two look cute!" Peach smiled, making Sonic and Tails fall over in frustration. "Someone get these suits off us..." Sonic groaned. Marine chuckled and headed back to the castle. "Well, I gotta go. I didn't get invited to the Olympics... Just seein' Blaze off! Bye!" she said, leaving. Sonic and Tails got up and shook hands with Mario and Luigi. "Gotta hand it to ya... You are one tough plumber to handle your world." Sonic said. "Well, we sure can't deal with your world... Unless those alien power-ups start being more common!" Luigi chuckled.

And so, Mario and Sonic had united for another Olympic Games, this time with a newfound appreciation for what makes each of them worthy competitors in the first place.
The End!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment