Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - eat up boy

the setting is 1703 Scottish highlands, where a boy and his father make a stab at the cattle business. The father of the boy (henceforth known as Angus),is a drunken cattle thief, and a poor truth of what was becoming Scotland...

Chapter 1 - eat up boy

Chapter 1 - eat up boy







Cowards no more…
A short story…perhaps
By josh

the setting is 1703 Scottish highlands, where a boy and his father make a stab at the cattle business. While the lad and his father are isolated from the nearest village ,they still manage to here rumors of trouble in a nearby village. The father of the boy (henceforth known as Angus),is a drunken cattle thief, and a poor truth of what was becoming Scotland...Angus had to do something, and felt a calling to help the people of the nearby village…


Chapter 1: Eat up boy, that’s all you will get..


The night was cold , the dimming coals of the fire a small beacon of warmth and comfort Angus Finroy. the soup he ate was scarcely sustenance, and was mostly a foul broth. “the left over’s of a cow they wrongly stole from it rightful owner ,which could have feed their starving family” Angus thought, wallowing in shame. The night was clammy and cold, and worse was to come than weather if they don’t steal yet another beast from the rightful owners. Angus knew he couldn’t keep up scarcely surviving off of broth and liquor, he had to risk asking for more soup, the taste doesn’t matter it was life that mattered. But what good is life if it only leads to death and misery?” I cant stand it anymore!” Angus said aloud. He instantly regretted his actions. “is that so ?.”said his Father.” I know it wasn’t the best of food but if you cant learn to at least like the hospitality I offer ye then I suppose you will just go hungry! ”he ejected a cruel laugh and took a swig of liquor.
Then he began to shake and waver back and forth, never ceasing his grin, then collapsed to the ground beneath him never to rise again.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment