Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Dinner at Oceanside

The First Undercover Detective story by AgentC. Hopefully more to come...

Chapter 7 - Dinner at Oceanside

Chapter 7 - Dinner at Oceanside
While Stryker and Vector were having a great time at the beach, Swann and McClain were just beginning their dinner together at the Oceanside, the fanciest restaurant in Narragansett. They both hoped that their trip would be a good one.

Swann: So, Erin…
McClain: Sam…
Swann: How’s the food?
McClain: It’s good.
Time passes without a word.
McClain: We should have invited Chris here… There’s nothing to talk about.
Swann: Come on, Erin! We don’t need him to have fun. We still have about two weeks to enjoy this time alone.
McClain: But when we were kids, we were always together. I think this is only the second or third time I’ve spent time with either of you like this.
Swann: We’re older now. We don’t have to stick together ALL the time. I like you a lot, Erin.
McClain: Sam, you’re making me blush…
Swann: Did I just say that?!? Umm… maybe we should have brought Chris with us… I’ve got to go to the men’s room… I’ll be back.

Swann walked as fast as he could to the restroom. Did he just say he liked Erin McClain… Behind Finn’s back even. He knew he shouldn’t have said that. He worried that their friendship might be in peril. He was thinking so much that he didn’t see the person he ran into.

Swann: Oh sorry, pal.
Person: It’s all right, boy.
Swann (Looking at him): Hey! I know you! You’re that senator of Rhode Island… Senator.. Kol-uh-something…
Person: Close, Senator Harry Kolvig. You must be from out of state or you didn’t vote for me in last year’s election.
Swann: Hehe. I actually am from out of state. I’ve followed your races in the past few elections.
Kolvig: Well, I’m sure you wouldn’t mind coming to my state of the state announcement tomorrow…
Swann: Oh, wow! I’d love to come.
Kolvig: Excellent. Come to the state house and don’t be late! The announcement begins at seven thirty tomorrow night.
Swann: Cool. Expect me there, Mr. Kolvig.

Sam walked away from the spot he talked with the senator and sat down with Ms. McClain, just remembering what he said to her only five minutes ago. He was nervous, REALLY nervous.

McClain: Hi, honey…
Swann: Erin, please. I didn’t mean it THAT way.
McClain: Sure you didn’t… We should try something like this tomorrow…
Swann: Oh, yeah! I’m going to senator Harry Kolvig’s announcement tomorrow.
McClain: What?!? Why?!?
Swann: You wanna come?
McClain: (sigh) Fine… On one condition.
Swann: OK… Anything…
McClain: Tomorrow from lunch until the announcement. We are going to the mall for one big shopping spree.
Swann: (sigh) Fine…
McClain: Good! We’ll have such a great time together… until that announcement that is.
Swann: Now I really wish we brought Chris…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment