Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Whisper

AU. Hikaru never entered the professional Go world, opting instead to placate Sai with NetGo and Go Salons. Years pass by and now Hikaru is a normal office employee going about his daily life until…

Chapter 13 - Whisper

Chapter 13 - Whisper
Whisper

There had been more and more rumors in the forums about an online Net-Go player resembling Sai. It was disconcerting to say the least, at least, for the moderators in part as they had the job of making sure nothing in the posts got out of hand. For Hikaru though, it was very nerve-wracking; on one hand, he kind of wanted Sai to continue to be remembered by various Go players, but on the other hand, for him to continue playing like he was would undoubtedly bring unwanted attention from shady individuals. Sighing at this new dilemma of his, Hikaru decided to keep himself away from NetGo for awhile, if only to let the influx of Sai rumors die down a bit before returning to playing the game online. He would have to stick to playing in various Go salons in the city, his students, and possibly Akari for the moment. It was the safest route of action, he thought.

With his mind made up, Hikaru turned his thoughts towards his work. The two interns he had been saddled with were comfortable with what they had been initially told to do, so now he had to give them some more responsibilities. This, of course, meant that he had to teach them new skills, mainly in how to write a report in the both the standard format and in the format that their direct superior preferred. This was definitely going to be a lot of work.

Sparing a look at his desktop calendar, Hikaru noticed a specific date circled in red marker. He took a closer look and realized it was the date for Waya-pro's Go match. Rubbing at the junction between his eyes, Hikaru groaned, he knew that he couldn't make it to Waya-pro's match that day now. It interfered with the date that an important guest was to arrive to negotiate an important contract with the company. Hikaru was needed there at the meeting to look over the data reports and contracts to ensure that their company was able to supply the necessary materials for the negotiation to work.

Picking up the phone on his desk, Hikaru dialed for Akari's cell phone number. The tone rang twice before Akari picked up.

"Hello, Shindo Akari speaking," Akari answered from her end.

"Akari," Hikaru greeted with a small frown on his lips. He sighed, "I need… a favor."

"What is it?" Akari asked, sounding a bit concerned.

"I… I need you to take the boys to a Go-pro's match this Friday," Hikaru replied. "I'm pretty busy for this week with guest relations breathing down my neck for accurate reports, so I won't be able to make it. I left the note with the information of the match stuck to the fridge. It's by the to-do list, and should just be a small scrap piece of paper."

"Alright Hikaru," Akari grinned, the thought of watching a pro match was just too exciting. "Is there anything else I need to know?"

"The boys should be waiting at the Institute around 1 p.m.," Hikaru informed, as he flitted through the folder one of the interns gave him, "And Waya-pro said to inform the people at the institute to let you in the observation room as an invitation from him."

"Ok, got it," Akari nodded, having scribbled down the information on her schedule book, "Good luck with work Hikaru."

"Yea…" Hikaru mumbled back. He paused, then spoke again, "Thanks Akari. You're a lifesaver."

Akari giggled on the other end before hanging up.

Setting the phone back down on the receiver, Hikaru continued reading the files from the folder and groaned. This was too much work, he thought. His dilemma with the Sai rumors just almost seemed much more inviting at this point.

Almost.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment