Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Meet Emily

This is a story my friend gave me an idea for. It's kinda wierd but oh well.
The writings small i dont know why FAC gone mad on me, oh well

Chapter 1 - Meet Emily

Chapter 1 - Meet Emily
Deaths Apprentice
 
 
My name is Emily I’m going to tell you my story. Most people say that life is the most precious thing you have… well I only started living the day I died…
I was a normal 15 year old girl, you know good friends and family and doing well in school. Well one Saturday evening I was walking home from my friend Sarah’s house and I saw a fire engine go flying past and turn up my street, I panicked  I know it could have been any house but I had a sickening feeling in my stomach that something bad was happening.
I started to run, the street was steep and my house was at the top I could see my little brother crying, so I ran faster, as fast as I could, I didn’t realise the body bag on the floor I was too busy making sure my baby brother was OK. He wouldn’t stop crying and he wouldn’t tell me what was wrong, I didn’t know what to do. A man put a hand on my shoulder “Miss, can you tell me if this is your mother?”
I looked at the body “Oh no! What happened?”
“She got caught in the fire and we couldn’t reach her in time, I’m sorry”
“SORRY?” tears were streaming down my face “Is that all you can say? I’m now an orphan and all you can say is sorry?” I stormed off crying and I started to run, I just kept running I could here my brother screaming my name but I didn’t stop, I didn’t want to. I could barley see where I was going now I heard a woman scream “Watch out” the next thing I new I was in a hospital bed with doctors crowded around me. “What happened? Where’s Jamie? Is he ok?”
A doctor sat down next to me “He got ran over…”
“IS HE OK?” I was screaming as loud as I could, my heart rate was getting faster.
“You must calm down! He’s at a friend’s house, he should be fine but there’s nothing we can promise.”
“My life can not get any worse!” All of a sudden I heard a long beep, my heart had stopped all the doctors were panicking, and I didn’t understand I felt fine. All of a sudden time froze, everyone was fuzzy apart from a black figure in the corner of the room.
“Who are you? ”The black figure got closer, I could see it was a man in a cloak, he said nothing. “Are… are you death?”
The black figure sat down beside me. “Yes, that’s is what mortals call me”
“Am I dead?”
“Yes you are, but do not worry you are not like other mortals”
I gave him a look of confusion “what do you mean?”
He leant towards me “I’ve been watching you and thinking, I saw your time was running out and then saw that so is mine.”
“I thought you could never die”
“I do not die, I fade away over time”
“Why are you telling me this?”
“Emily, you are a gifted child, you can tell good from evil. Haven’t you ever wondered why you have such good friends?”
I thought for a while “Well now you mention it, I suppose I am good at choosing friends”
He quickly interrupted me “NO! You have a gift, a very useful gift to an old man like me, I have been looking for someone I can share my secrets with”
I looked at him for a while “Hey, where’s you’re…”
“There is no time for questions I cannot stay for much longer, take my hand I will tell you everything on our travels” He held out a bony hand that looked slightly rotten. I put my hand on his praying, then we were out side someone’s house.
“Where are we?”
“11 Appleton road, ever heard of it?”
“I don’t know but it sounds familiar” I sat in the step thinking for a while, I looked at my hand there was some flesh missing, I let out a shriek. “MY HAND!”
“Oh, that happens when you die, don’t worry it takes hundreds of years to lose all of your flesh.”
“This is too confusing why have you brought me here?”
He looked at me then looked away and pulled out a sand timer. “It’s his time to die”
“Who’s time? And why have you brought me?”
“Would you like to see Jamie?”
“Jamie? YES! Where is he?”
“In here with his friend” He showed me the name on the sand timer, it had Jamie’s name on it.
“Oh no not Jamie please not now he’s only 4”
“Well blame the man who killed him” He pointed at a man stud smoking “He has been wanted by the police for several hit and run’s Jamie was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”
“I’ll kill him!” I ran towards him but death held me back.
“Do not worry child I will let you be the one to take his life, you may decide how to take it as well”
“I thought only you could take lives”
“Ah yes that is what I need to talk to you about, I would like you to take over for me when I have faded, you know like an… what do you mortals call it?”
“Apprentice?”
“Ah yes that’s the word thank you Emily, hmm” He sat on the step “You need a better than Emily
I crossed my arms “What’s wrong with Emily?”
He stood up “I did not mean to offend my child, it’s just that Emily Is a mortals name, you need a new name, so no one will recognise you”
“I’ve always liked Suthora, but it’s a weird  name.”
“No, no I like it, it has a ring to it”
I looked at him quite happy. “You like it?”
“Yes, now lets go see Jamie the sand has run out”
I heard a scream from his friends mum. We went inside everything was fuzzy and time had stud still except for me Jamie and death. Jamie ran towards me “EMILY” he clung to me crying.
I knelt down “It’s OK Jamie I’ll take you to mum, ok?
He nodded, I looked up at death he nodded at me and with a wave of his cloak we were in a darkened room, Death sat down, now let me get your mother, he clapped his hands and a little red man came running up to him “Yes master?”
“Fetch Amelia Sanders please”
“Yes master” He ran off quick as a flash.
“While we are waiting take a seat Suthora, I need to explain a lot to you.” I sat on a black leather chair with Jamie on my knee. “Of all the people who’s time has nearly run out you seemed the most suited for the job. You are a bright young girl you had your life ahead of you, well so you thought. Sometimes I get the feeling that these people don’t deserve to die, but it is very rare that it’s a whole family, your dad was a good man, he didn’t fight for his country, he fought for you, Jamie and you’re mother. She was a very good woman indeed, she was grateful for what she had and she never wished for anything more, like you.  Now Jamie, he was a little tyke wasn’t he, but still he was one of the nicest little boys I knew, most of them cause trouble but not him” He looked at Jamie who started to clap “Would you like a lollipop Jamie?” He handed a lollipop to Jamie.
“Thank you sir” Jamie said trying to sound as cute as he could.
“You’re welcome, where is he” He looked around “oh there he is, are you ready to meet your mum now I warn you she is very burnt but still the same woman.”
I nodded then I saw her, she looked to bad I couldn’t help but cry.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Vickixx1 on March 20, 2007, 4:08:23 AM

Vickixx1 on
Vickixx1oooooo liking your story write more now grrrrr! lol

Vikstar on March 19, 2007, 7:05:41 AM

Vikstar on
Vikstarwowness! this is so goood! i cnt wait to hear more!