Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A date cut short

Still in Hong Kong, the dragon council wishes to knight Rose for her efforts against the Dark Dragon. However, she has to pass a few trials before she can accept the honor, otherwise, her memory of the magical world will be permenently erased.

Chapter 1 - A date cut short

Chapter 1 - A date cut short
-Victoria Peak, Hong Kong

It was a starry, moonlit night in Hong Kong. Along the summit of Victoria Peak, two young teenagers stood, admiring the view of the city lights and the moonlight, both of which reflecting off of the waters of the local harbor. One of the two teens was and Asian-American boy with spiky green/black hair; with him was a pretty, taller-than-him, Caucasian girl with blond-hair, blue eyes and a Dragon-shaped birthmark on her wrist and palm. They were Jake Long(the American Dragon) and his long-lost love, Rose, a former member of an evil organization called the Huntsclan (long story, all will be explained later). Rose and Jake stood there in a romantic silence, admiring their much-deserved moment of piece; Rose with her arms around one of Jake’s. She gently sighed and said, “This is great, isn’t it Jake?”
“Yeah,” Jake responded, “It is nice to finally be done with it all,”
“Yeah,” Rose answered, “No more secrets”
“No more lies”
“No more trying to kill each other”
“and the best part is,” Jake said as he reached into a min-cooler he brought with him,“no more Huntsclan to look over our shoulders for every five minutes.” He finished as he pulled out a pair of soda cans. “Or the Dark Dragon for that matter,” Rose said as Jake handed her one of the drinks. “Tch, amen to that.” Jake finished. “To victory,”
“To victory” Jake and Rose said as they clanked their soda cans together in a toast, then opened them and took respective sips. As both Jake and Rose finished their sips, Rose turned to see Jake, and knew that he was trying to hide an unpleasant feeling behind a silent expression. “Hey, you okay?” Rose asked, breaking the brief silence. “Huh?” Jake responded, “Oh, it’s nothing.” Rose obviously knew that something was bothering her fire-breathing sweetheart. “Jake, don’t try to fool me, as both a former warrior of the Huntsclan, and a teenage girl, I know that somethings bothering you.”
“Well.... yeah ,I..uhh...” Jake stammered, but before he could finish, Rose interrupted with an assumption of her own. “Let me guess, it has to do with the fact that you’re only here for a few days before you have to go back home to New York, and meanwhile I’m stuck here.”
“Well, that wasn’t what was bothering me until now.” Jake responded. “Oh, heheh, sorry.” Rose replied while scratching the back of her neck in awkwardness. “So what is bothering you?”
“Well.......” Jake said, fidgeting his hands, but before he could finish, who else but the petit messenger fairy shows up to ruin the moment. “Message to Jake Long and ‘what’s-her-slayer’..”
“Rose”
“Right...from the Dragon council,” The fairy pulled a scroll of parchment out of her bag, opened it, and began to read-aloud. “The dragon council demands the presence of the American Dragon and the young, female dragon-slayer to meet them and the Hong Kong convention and exhibition center...... IMEDIATELY” When she finished, an ominous chill ran up the spines of both Jake and Rose after they heard that last part. An eerie silence fell over the two, which was broken when the messenger fairy asked, “I’m sorry, did I interrupt something?”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment