Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Hunts-Raid

Still in Hong Kong, the dragon council wishes to knight Rose for her efforts against the Dark Dragon. However, she has to pass a few trials before she can accept the honor, otherwise, her memory of the magical world will be permenently erased.

Chapter 3 - Hunts-Raid

Chapter 3 - Hunts-Raid
-Hole in the Wall Restaurant,

“They wanna KNIGHT YOU?!” Spud exclaimed in astonishment. Jake, his crew, Sun, and his parents were sitting at the same booth table at the magical creature restaurant. Spud and Trixie were reading the pamphlet Rose was given by the dragon council.
“Dang,” Trixie started, “sounds lin a big deal.”
“It is,” Sun Park said before taking a sip of her beverage. She swallowed and began to explain. “The dragon council hasn’t had the knighting trials in over five hundred years, usually due to casualties, as well as the fact that no human has ever been able to pass,”
“Wow,” Rose, Jake, Spud, Trixie and Haley said in unison. Sun then took a bite of her meal, allowing Lao Shi to take it from there. “It was said that the council had discontinue the trial, turns out that it was just put on a hiatus, until now,”
“ and since Rose here got hand picked by the council, she’s gotta be worth something, aga-goo-goo-gogi.” Fu Dog finished.
“What is up with that noise Fu makes? Is it supposed to be some kinda laugh?” Jonathan quietly asked Susan, “is that supposed to be a laugh or... vocal tick?”
“I can still hear you, Johnny.” Fu Dog said.

Rose just poked at her food with her chopsticks, nervous about the event. Noticing her nervous demeanor, Jake asked, “You okay, Rose? You’ve barley said anything ever since we met with the council,” In response, Rose sighed, put her chopsticks down and answered.
“Jake, I’m not sure about his,”
“You? Having second-thoughts about a dangerous situation?” Trixie inquired in her usual sassy demeanor, “quit playin’ us, girl.”
“Yeah, I mean did you see yourself fighting that Dark Dragon?” Spud added.
“I know!” Haley chimed in, “She was all like, WAKKAKA-WHOOO-HIYA-HYAH!!” She exclaimed while pretending to do kung-fu motions; after catching her breath, she sat back down and finished with, “I see why Jake decided to go after you for help.” Rose stared awkwardly for a moment, and then turned to Jake and asked, “Uhhh, who’s she again?” outraged by Rose not knowing who she was, Haley had a bit of a childish blow-out at Jake.
“WHAT?! YOU MEAN DESPITE WHATEVER TIME YOU SPENT WITH HER YOU NEVER TOOK THE TIME TO MENTION CUTE-LITTLE-ME?! YOUR OWN FLESH AND BLOOD?! YOUR ADORING YOUNGER SISTER, HALEY?!?! I AM ANGRY! FURIOUSLY ANGRY! THE KIND OF ANGRY WHERE I JUST WANNA—UGH!” Haley just threw herself back into her seat with an angry pout on her face and her arms crossed. A short period of silence followed, soon to be broken by Jake, “okaaayyyy, back on topic. So Rose, why don’t you feel confident about this?”
“It’s not that I doubt myself, its just that....ugghh,” Rose doubled over slightly and began rubbing the temples on the side of her head, and groaning in pain. “Uh, are you okay?” Lao Shi asked as Rose’s pain worsened; she began to curdle up on the booth seat she was on, leaning on Jake, basically hyperventilating through her teeth and letting out grunts of pain. “M-m-mi–g-graine .” Rose grunted as her pain seemed to get even worse. Everyone stood and stared helplessly for a moment before her pain passed. She slowly steadied her breath and got back up. “Sorry, I’ve been having those since last night,” She paused to see a crowd of the other magical creatures staring at them. “What? If this was intended for an audience, we would’ve sold tickets!” Fu said to all of the unfamiliar spectators; with that, they all returned to what they were doing.

“Soo, does that happen a lot?” Jake asked as he helped Rose back into her seat.
“Only since last night,” Rose answered as she rubbed her head and steadied herself, “I’ve also been having these random dizzy-spells. I think that it comes from me having two sets of memories stored in my head at the same time.” Rose explained before she took a sip of her beverage to sooth her headache. “I have no idea when either one is going to come up, and when they do... well, you get the idea.”
“Is that why you’re doubting yourself?” Sun asked.
“Well, a moment’s hesitation could lead to a certain downfall,” Rose answered, “besides, I’m feeling a little understocked on weapons.” to that, Trixie, Spud, Jake, and Sun each lifted an eyebrow in curiosity. “Hey, it’s a knighting trial from the dragon council, and I highly doubt that one battle-staff will last me long enough,”
“She has a point,” Fu Dog added, “You see, this trial is inter-dimensional, and she may need more than that one staff.”
“Why?” Haley asked.
“We’re not allowed to tell you that.” Sun said, “Any pre-acquired knowledge of what is expected is considered as a cheat.”
“Oh,” Rose responded,
“but I can tell you this...” Sun continued, “You may want to stock up on some huntsclan arsenal,”
“Yeah, good luck with that,” Spud commented, “Jake’s dad blew up the Hong Kong franchise,”
“Well how was I supposed to know it was a secret lair with a self destruct button?” Jonathan interrupted. There was a brief pause before Rose asked, “Which one?”

– Victoria Peak Hunts-Lair

“I still can’t believe that the Huntsclan had a lair under Victoria Peak!” Trixie exclaimed in astinishment as she, Rose, Jake, Haley, and Spud entered the abandoned, underground complex through the automated double-doors.
“The clan built this place 300 years ago, knowing that the dragons met up at the top once every thousand years. This would have been the lucky year if not for the.... ‘convenient extinction’,” Rose answered as they approached the main weapons vault, “which is why they kept some of the more powerful weapons here.” When they reached the door to the weapons vault, Rose used the dragon shaped birthmark on her hand to open the door by placing it on the vault’s birthmark scanner.
“Identity confirmed.” a digital, feminine voice said before the vault opened. When the doors opened, everyone gawked in awe at the large amount of various weapons they saw before them; battle-staffs, land vehicles, hover vehicles, more than enough to carry out a full-scale war.
“Wow” Haley said, “The Huntsclan must’ve been ready for some massive .... I-don’t-know-what.”
“This is where the clan kept most of the latest weapons and gadgets,” Rose explained as she walked into the vault, everyone else followed. Rose went around and picked up some weapons, and put them in a small satchel, which seemed to hold them all perfectly, despite size. “Where did you get that?” Trixie asked as she saw Rose collect the weapons.
“What, this?” Rose responded as she held up the bag, “Sun gave it to me when I told her where we were going.” When she finished, Rose continued to collect a variety of weapons, including energy ninja-stars, retractable energy chain-whips, grappling hooks, small explosives, and staffs.

As Rose was collecting, a blaring alarm sounded with a flashing red light. At that, everyone turned towards the source of it; a nearby teleportation station.
“Incoming teleportation.” declared the computer voice. Everyone gathered around the station ata safe distance as bolts of energy charged up to bring in the incoming teleportees, Rose bracing herself for combat.
“I don’t get it,” Rose exclaimed over the blaring siren, “How can anyone other than us know that this place? My wish should’ve destroyed every member of the can!”
“Uhh....yeah, about that...” Jake started, but before he could finish, the teleporter sent out a huge, smoky green BURST of energy. When the smoke cleared, two boys in Huntsclan-uniforms were in the chamber, sputtering and coughing. One was a tall, skinny, Caucasian kid with an over-bite, the other was a short, chubby, black kid. They were Huntsclan Sentries #88 and #89.
“Dude, he have GOT to do something about that smoke-effect,” #89 sputtered, “I hear ya,” #88 coughed in response; once the smoke cleared, he was able to finish, “But once we raid this place and ambush the dragons’ thousand-year gathering, ALL MAGICAL CREATURES SHALL BOW DOWN TO.....!”
“That meeting was last night,” #88 and #89 turned to see who said that, and saw none other than Rose. It took them a minute to recognize her.

“HUNTSGIRL!!” they both shouted in excitement as they ran over and threw hugs on who they foolishly thought was still their ally (relax, she didn’t hug back). “We thought you were dead!” #88 exclaimed excitedly, “I’d kiss you if I weren’t afraid that you’d pound my teeth out!” #89 added. ‘Well if that’s the case..”Rose started gently, “THEN GET OFF OF ME!!” She shouted.
“Oh, sorry,”
“Yeah, my-bad”
#88 and #89 backed away from Rose as she dusted herself off from their glomp.
“Man, this is great!” #88 foolishly started, “with Rose’s mad ski-zills, and our mad tech, THE MAGICAL UNDERWORLD SHALL ONCE AGAIN TREMBLE BEFORE THE VERY MENTION OF THE NAME OF ‘HUNTSCLAN’! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!”
“Uhh, dude,” #89 interrupted as he tapped on #88's shoulder, “correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Rose the reason that the Huntsclan went bye-bye in the first place?” It took #88 a minute to figure out what #89 meant, and when he did, a look of shock took over his face. “Oh yeah, she was, “He whimpered, “then that must mean....” They both looked at Rose, who cracked her knuckles as Jake transformed into his dragon form,
“Bye-Bye.” Jake and Rose said simultaneously; #88 and #89 both let out their most wimpy, and helpless screams of terror possible.

- 1.35 seconds later-

#88 and #89 were hanging in the Building’s rafters, upside down, in their underwear, by their underwear, hands tied behind their backs by their belts, feet tied by their uniforms, phrases such as “kick me”, “Mock me”, “me am stupid”, and “this space for rent” written all over their bodies. Jake, Rose, and everybody else left the complex laughing their heads off – Jake and Rose especially. “Uhhhh, 88,” #89 started, “what the heck just happened?”
“How should I know?” #88 answered, “I blinked.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment