Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Devistating Dream

Still in Hong Kong, the dragon council wishes to knight Rose for her efforts against the Dark Dragon. However, she has to pass a few trials before she can accept the honor, otherwise, her memory of the magical world will be permenently erased.

Chapter 4 - Devistating Dream

Chapter 4 - Devistating Dream
- Rose’s apartment building

Jake and Rose were walking side-by-side, down the hall to her apartment, quietly laughing -still- at what they had done to #88 and #89. When they had reached the door to Rose’s apartment, they both took a deep breath and ceased their respective laughter. “Well,” Rose started, “that was fun,”
“Yeah,” Jake replied, “So... you still nervous about your trial?” he inquired.
“Well, I already agreed to it,” Rose answered, “and I don’t want to back down on my word.”
“You know, you can just....” Jake started to suggest, but Rose went on anyway.
“Besides, I highly doubt that the magical underground would be willing to trust some one with...this,” Rose finished, holding up her right hand to show her dragon-shaped birthmark, which was also the symbol of the Huntsclan. Jake paused for a moment before he tool a deep breath and answered with, “You may have a point there.”
“Also, the council said that the trial starts tomorrow at noon, don’t they know that I’ve got school tomorrow?!” Rose exclaimed. She slumped over in stress letting out a frustrated sigh. Jake put his hand on her shoulder in an effort to comfort her. Rose put her hand on his, took a deep breath, and continued speaking, “Sorry, it’s been a while since I’ve had to do anything like this.”
“Rose, I’m sure that you’ll be able to meet up to the council’s expectations, I’ve seen you in action. Heck, I’ve been on the other side of that action plenty of times.” Jake said to comfort Rose, who responded with a light giggle. “Oh, by the way, I got this for you earlier today,” Jake reached into his pocket and pulled out a necklace with magenta-colored water in it; within the water was a bead of rice with “J+R” written on it within a heart shape. Rose gasped as the sight of it. “Aww. thanks, Jake” She said as Jake handed it too her. “No big, just a good luck charm.” Jake responded with surprising modesty. She gave him a warm and loving smile, and he did the same to her. “I know you’re just as nervous as I am about his trial, but as long as you believe in me... I guess that’s all that matters.” Rose said to Jake, who blushed after hearing that. “Well, see you tomorrow,” Rose said as she gave Jake a tender kiss to his forehead, “good night,” she finished as she proceeded into her apartment. When the door was completely shut, Jake began to walk off, his facial expression changing from pleasant to worried.

As Jake left the building, he was completely unaware of the fact that he was being spied upon by a monkey in a yellow track-suit; none other than Bananas B, the hip-hop magical-animal-assistant monkey. He had a look of intrigue on his face as he made a quiet, evil chuckle to himself, with a sinister smirk.

- A cave at an unknown location

Bananas B rushed to tell his master, former-councilor Chang, of what he had seen and heard. Chang was sitting next to a wood-fire, holding an ice-pack to her head. “Yo! Changity-Chang!” Bananas B exclaimed as he approached her from behind. Chang held out her hand to indicate a “halt” gesture. “Before you speak, Bananas, keep in mind that my head is still throbbing from when the American Dragon’s little sister threw me down the side of Victoria Peak. So whatever you have to tell me......” but before she could finish, Bananas B interrupted her to finish, “The Dragon Council wants to knight the dragon-slayer who finished off the big double-d!” Chang’s facial reaction to the monkey’s exclamation showed a mixture of shock, annoyance, and outrage.
“What... was... that...?” Chang inquired as she slowly turned to look Bananas B in the eyes. The monkey was jittering with fear as he elaborated.
“Uh...yeah...um... you see...uhhh... th-the dragon council decided that the dragon-slayer chick would make for a valuable ally, so they..um, offered her the title...” Bananas finished off with a large, attempting-to-be-innocent grin.

Chang, irritated by the circumstances, rose from the log she was sitting on, and walked to the entrance to the cave to look outward at the night sky. “What is the magical world coming to?” She rhetorically asked, “First, we are forced to hide from humans, and now the councilors are letting a human into their ranks? The very type of human that drove us underground?!” Chang was clearly furious at the situation. “THIS MUST BE STOPPED!!” She continued as she spun around to face her helper monkey, tossing her ice-pack aside, “That girl must be DESTROYED!!!”
“Yeah, well I doubt that’ll be easy,” Bananas B replied, “I mean, hows are we supposed to wax her? She took out the DARK DRAGON for Pete’s-sake!! Who’d wanna even TRY to go up against her?” Chang pondered the monkey’s logic for a moment, and after a minute or two of thinking, she asked Bananas B, “Who much have you learned of the American Dragon’s past enemies during your time as his substitute guardian?”

- Rose’s bedroom, later that same evening

Rose was in bed, lights off, asleep. Unfortunately, she was tossing and turning, her face covered with beads of sweat as she grunted, ground, and softly keened. The reason for that, lied deep within her mind; her subconscious.

-Rose’s dream

Rose was suspended between two large spheres by bolts of what looked like storm-variety lightning, screaming as they were pulling at her like a tug-of-war rope. The two spheres respectively contained amalgamated images of her two lifetimes in their separate realities. The one on her left was her normal life, while the one on her right was her Huntsclan life. Her left half was styled as the normal-life Rose, while her right was styled in her Huntsclan uniform; in short, half-normal/half-Huntsclan in appearance. She was screaming painfully as the binds of energy pulled at her from both sides; it was becoming increasingly unbearable for her to endure. Just as things were getting worse, her screams reaching their peak, the American Dragon flies in seemingly out of nowhere. “Rose!” He exclaimed as he saw her current situation. “JAKE!!” Rose cried out, “HELP!”
“What’s going on!?” Jake asked as he approached to pull her from the energy binds that suspended her where she was. “I DON’T KNOW!! BUT MY HEAD IS IN MORE PAIN THAN THE REST OF ME!!!” She continued to scream over the crackling and thunderous sounds. Jake tried pulling her from her painful suspension, and when he looked up, he saw the memories being played like amalgamated home videos on the giant orbs. Surprisingly, it didn’t take Jake long enough to figure out what was going on. “Rose!” He started, “I think I know what’s going on!” Rose was straining to ignore the pain long enough to listen to what Jake had to say, “your mind is probably being pulled around by your separate sets of memories, your experiences!”
“MEANING?!” Rose cried out.
“You have to find a way to balance them out! Evenly!” Jake continued as he released her from his grip, “CONCENTRATE!” Rose kept screaming from the pain that she was enduring, “I CAN’T” She screamed
“Yes you can!!” Jake responded. Rose took a few deep breaths to help herself mellow out. Afterwards, she almost strained herself to break from her bonds, and slowly and steadily, the energy bonds began to fade away, and Rose slowly levitated ground wards; then, finally, the giant orbs melded together and vanished. Rose just remained motionless, slumped on to her knees, quietly panting for breath. “Rose?” Jake said softly as he slowly approached his beloved blond warrior-girl, “You okay?” With that, Rose looked up, her face still divided into Normal/Huntsgirl left/right appearance; but then the two halves melded together until they were one again, leaving Rose in her new Hunts-outfit. “Well, my headache went away.” Rose answered. Jake reverted to his human form and helped her up. “Thanks, Jake.”
“No prob,” Jake replied.
“Still...” Rose pondered, “How did you know that would work?”
“I...actually didn’t,” Jake nervously responded, “I was just..kinda...wingin’ it.” Rose wasn’t very surprised. “And by the way, how did you get..?” Rose started to ask.
“I still kept the dream-charm you gave me...don’t ask,” Jake inturrupted.
“Either way,” She continued as she took Jake’s hand in her’s, “Thanks.” She finished as she gently caressed his cheek with her free hand.

Jake smiled for a moment, but then his expression reverted to that of regret, “Jake, what’s wrong?” Rose asked. Jake took a deep breath-in and out- before answering. “Rose, I just want to say...that I’m ---”

*“Rose?”*

–woken world.

Rose stirred to the voice of her father coming in to check up on her. “Rose, I heard you making strange noises, is....everything alright?” Her father asked. Groaning as she woke up, Rose answered, “Don’t worry, it passed.” Rose’s father yawned and finished with, “That’s good to hear, good night.” He closed the door on his way out as he left, leaving Rose to drift back to sleep.

- Jake’s room in the hotel

“Aw, man.” He groaned as he lay half-asleep with the dream charm in hand

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment