Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - INTRO

Here is a something that has helped me.

Chapter 1 - INTRO

Chapter 1 - INTRO

"No man is free who is not master of himself." -- Epicetus.
What does it mean to be the master of yourself? Certainly, each one of us has demands that pull him or her one way or the other, until it seems that we are stretched in all directions. Does being the master of oneself mean that we ignore those demands? Does being master of yourself mean that you never listen to your spouse, your family, or your mother-in-law?

Nope. Being master of yourself goes deeper than that. It all has its root in attitude.

Being the master of yourself goes deeper than getting up when the alarm goes off, although that's an important first step. It means more than controlling your spending or eating habits, although that too is essential. It means more than exercising, even when you don't feel like it, or mowing the lawn when you would prefer to sit in front of the TV and eat cheese puffs.

It means, deep down, and to the core, a control -- a mastery -- of your basic emotions that drive your behavior.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment