Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Trip to the Grocery Store

If you went through my gallery, you seen a pic titled 'Ayama Fuu'; this story is about her.

Chapter 1 - A Trip to the Grocery Store

Chapter 1 - A Trip to the Grocery Store
It was about one that afternoon when Ayama had left her family’s mansion. Her family was one of those families where practically any family member you could come up with lived in the same house (or mansion in this case). It didn’t really bother her that so many people lived there seeing to as it was so big. She really didn’t think it was all that strange like some others would. She contently walked down to the grocery store so her parents wouldn’t have to. She had volunteered to. She tried to convince herself she was doing it to just to be doing it, however that wasn’t the case. Her parents were probably too busy attempting to fix Rei up with the town’s ‘prince’, Hikaru. In truth, she had been the one to love him, not Rei. Ever since the first day she met him; he had treated her like his princess. Her parents knew of Ayama’s love for him; they despised it. They wanted the best for Rei, they wanted him for her. Her parents not only favored Rei, but they acted as if Ayama never existed. To them, she was nothing more than a ‘disgraceful, worthless child’. Sadly, late at night, Ayama had heard them speak of this. Her parents wanted to disown her, but the only thing stopping them was her grandmother and Rei. Rei, her twin, and her grandmother were the only family members that actually cared about her.
Her grandmother, Aika, had died only a couple of years ago leaving everything to her beloved grandchildren, Rei and Ayama. To Rei, their grandmother dying wasn’t really something big, considering she had never really been close to her. Ayama, on the other hand, had loved her grandmother for treating her like her own child except like trash like her real mother. Aika was generally a kind-hearted woman with a certain strictness that would make even the most unsteady feel safe. She was one of the elderly that would gladly stand up for others and what she believed in. She had taught Ayama basically everything from walking to riding a bicycle.
It started to rain half way while Ayama eyes grew soulless from all of those thoughts. “Why do they hate me? I don’t understand….what did I do?” she questioned herself as she gently touched the ring on her necklace, “Maybe they don’t hate me. I-I mean they gave me this ring…Maybe they just wanted me to go away and leave them alone…”
“Look at you, you’re all soaked. If you were going to go to the grocery store today you should’ve at least brought an umbrella,” a familiar voice laughed
“Oh, Rei, I didn’t know that-” Ayama replied snapping out of it putting her hand by her side
“Aya, you were fading in and out of reality again weren’t you?”
“Yeah,”
“You seem to be doing that a lot now. Are you okay?”
“Of course I fine, don’t be silly,” Ayama said sounding a little more cheerful
Rei popped open a red and green umbrella (red and green are their families colors by the way; the symbol is three circles in the shape of a triangle. The top is green and the bottom two are red. Creative, I know -_-;) and stood closely beside her sister, keeping them both from getting wet. Rei wasn’t exactly the lady-type like her sister; she was more of the rebellious-type. She didn’t care about what others thought about her and she wasn’t scared to tell them what she thought. No, she was the pretty much the opposite of her sister. The only person who she felt never tried to tell her what to do or anything like that was Ayama. Ayama had been there when nobody else would.
“Hey sis,” Rei began
“Yes, Rei,” Ayama said just above a whisper
“Mom and Dad arranged a marriage for me…”
“That’s wonderful,”
“No it’s not. It’s with Hikaru,”
Ayama’s eyes widened. “So they were planning on setting her up with….him…” she thought.
Her world was already cracked but now it was like it shattered. Her eyes begun to sting as her vision became fogged. She hated the thought that she was about to cry for the joy of her sister. But why would she? Nothing made since to her anymore.
“Ayama? Are you okay?”
“Oh, yes I’m fine,” Ayama managed to squeak as she held back her tears
“No you’re not,”
“Rei, I’m okay,”
“You sure?”
“I’m okay” Ayama said one last time before they arrived at the grocery store
It was true she was ‘okay’, but wouldn’t hold her life together. Rei said her goodbyes before leaving Ayama with waving. Since Rei was gone now, she went inside only to begin to silently cry, releasing all of her pain. It hurt her when she learned her parents feeling for her at the age of six, it hurt her when her grandmother had died a couple of years back, nevertheless, the news of her ‘prince’ and her sister’s marriage is what finally broke her.
“Maybe I’m not supposed to be happy. Or maybe I’m just being selfish; I mean I was happy for the first five years of my life. Yeah, I think I just being selfish,” she thought as she wiped away her tears
She walked around the store holding a list of everything needed (which wasn’t much). As she was walking, she noticed her ring was a little more bright than usual. She had been told by her [real] mother that her grandmother had wanted her to especially have it, so ever since she wore it. The ring was too large her petite fingers so she wears it around a chain on her neck. It was a silver ring with roses engraved in it; there was also writing inside it, but was of a ‘foreign language’. She had stopped at the fruit and vegetable aisle for strawberries when she realized they were out. “I-I wonder how I’ll explain this one to Mother and Father,” she thought disappointed
“Excuse me, Miss,” a cheerful, polite voice asked voice

A cliffhanger! Who do you think it is?

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

SomeoneWhoLikesClouds on July 17, 2008, 2:39:56 AM

SomeoneWhoLikesClouds on
SomeoneWhoLikesCloudsLike it! Keep up the work in the story,