Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three

It's my very first fanfic!! It's about the game Legend of Mana. I used the female main character, and it's alot like the game, but better, 'cause it's the way I like it. ^_^

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three
See? It's the next chapter, as promised. I’ve had my soda, and watched a little TV, and now I’m ready for more Mana-ness! I’ve even got Legend of Mana music playing right now to set the mood (oh yeah!). All I need is a blankie and my trusty GIR slippers, ‘cause its cold. *leaves the room to get slippers and blanket* Ah much better! Now let the chapter begin!

************************************************************************

They had been walking for nearly an hour. How far up the highway are they? Lethia thought irritably. She was just itching to test out her skills, even if it meant beating up the merchant beside her. She laughed wickedly at the thought of tying his ears together at the top of his head, like a bow. At this Niccolo gave her a worried look. He was beginning to question whether or not it had been a good idea to accompany her.

“Who’s that?� He asked suddenly. He pointed to a cat-woman up ahead.

She was nervously pacing back and forth. She wore a two pairs of munches tucked into her belt. I wonder if she’s part or the thieves’ group. Lethia thought hopefully.

The cat-woman paused for a moment and looked up at us as we approached. “Are you also here to see one of the seven wisdoms?� She asked hopefully.

“No,� Lethia replied. “Actually, we’re here to take care of a group of bandits that have taken over the highway.�

“Oh,� She said in a disappointed tone. She began pacing again, only to stop and ask me, “Have you ever visited the Wisdom that is supposed to live at this highway?�

“Um...� Lethia sweat-dropped. “Actually, I’ve never even heard of a 'Wisdom'.�

The cat-woman nearly fell over when she heard this. “Oh… I see.� Now she looked even more disappointed.

“Eh heh heh…� Lethia laughed nervously. “Um, well my name is Lethia,� She held out her hand.

“My name is Daena,� The cat-woman said as she took it.

“This is Niccolo,�

Lethia glanced at Niccolo. He was gazing at Daena with stars in his eyes. “What cute ears…� he muttered.

“I’ve come from the Gatto Grottos to see Gaeus, one of the seven wisdoms. I need to ask him a very important question.�

Lethia could tell by the expression on the cat’s face that what she was saying was true.

“But I’m afraid to find out the answer…�

“I’m sorry,� Lethia said comfortingly. “If there’s anything I can do…�

“No, I’m fine. Thank you for the offer, but I’ll be okay.�

“Well, I guess we should be going, then,� Lethia turned to Niccolo, “Right, Niccolo?� He was smiling at Daena, not hearing a single word I said.

“I hope everything works out for you and your friend!� Lethia called to Daena as they walked away.

She only smiled weakly in reply.

“Poor thing…� Lethia said as they were out of the cat’s hearing range. “I really do hope things turn out well for her.�

“Didn’t she have the cutest ears?� Niccolo asked, though Lethia wasn’t sure if he was talking to her or not.


Shortly after their encounter with the cat woman, they stopped to find the road blocked by a small group of rats in red hoods. Finally! Lethia thought eagerly. These must be them!

“Give us all your Lucre!� One of the rats demanded.

“Yeah, all of it!� Another squealed from the back.

“I-is this enough?� Lethia said with mock-fear as she tossed a piece of candy at their feet.

“What’s this!?� The rat clenched his teeth. “I mean it! If you don’t give us all your money, things are gonna get ugly!�

“I don’t think things could get any uglier…� Lethia said with her eyebrows raised. “With a bunch of eyesores like you polluting this place.�

“This is your last warning, girl! If you step one foot out of line, I’ll-�

“You’ll what?�

“That’s it! You’ve asked for it!� He pointed at Lethia and Niccolo. “Get ‘em!�

The boss rat stood back with a grin on his face as he watched all his underlings rush at them. Lethia sighed. I came all the way out here for a bunch of rats? How disappointing.

She motioned for Niccolo to step back as she picked them off one by one. She took out the first rat with a swift kick to the face, and the second she kicked so hard he flew five feet away from her. These guys are pathetic! She thought to herself. Besides being incredibly weak, they’re all so short, all I can do is kick them!

Lethia was surrounded by a bunch of downed rats in a matter of minutes. “Is this the best you have to offer me?�

The boss rat looked horrified. “B-boss!� He called frantically. “Boss this girl is beating up all of us! Come take care of her!�

A huge shadow came looming up behind the rat. It was a giant bug-like creature with what looked like sickles for hands.

“How dare you order me around, you piece of trash!� The bug roared as he stepped on it and rubbed him into the ground.

“I-I’m sorry boss!� his muffled voice apologized from beneath his foot.

So I was wrong after all! Lethia thought. That pip-squeak wasn’t the boss! She sized up the giant bug. Yeah, this guy looks like he might give me a good fight.

The bug kicked the rat out of the way and looked at Lethia. “What are you smiling about?�

“I’m thinking about how it’ll be fun kicking your @$$,� She said.

“Well, you sound sure of yourself, don’t you?� The bug kicked another rat out of the way as he walked closer to the pair. “Don’t think that beating up these vermin is any accomplishment. The only reason I kept them around is so they can do all the dirty work. I’m way stronger than them.�

“Then prove it, you oversized ladybug.�

“Lethia…?� Niccolo said quietly in her ear.

“Huh? What?� She had completely forgotten about him.

“Are you absolutely certain you can beat this guy?�

“No problem, why?�

Niccolo stepped forward. “You don’t stand a chance against us!� He hollered at the bandit’s leader.

“Oh yeah?� The bug said mockingly. “I don’t remember you fighting. Why don’t you go hide behind a rock while I take care of your friend.�

“Now, now.� Niccolo said while waving his finger. “I’m only telling you this for your own good.�

The bug snorted.

“Now then, how about we strike a deal, hmm? We’ll let you be if you pay us 100,000 lucre. Is it a deal?�

Lethia and the bug fell over in unison. They both quickly got up and socked Niccolo in the head, leaving matching lumps on each side.

“Well,� Lethia said, leaving Niccolo on the ground nursing his lumps. “Shall we get started?�

She lunged at him. He dodged her first kick, only to be hit by her fist in the side of the face.

“You’re better than I thought, girl.�

Instead of replying she preformed a flying kick, hitting him in the stomach. He was thrown back several feet.

“Of course I am!� She flipped her hair over her shoulder. “Now get up and make this a worth while fight!�

He did as she said and got to his feet. He then jumped behind her and swiped at her from behind with one of his sickle-like hands.

Lethia hit the ground hard. She was surprised by his speed. His size made him look much slower. She jumped to her feet, barely dodging a second blow from the bug. He pulled his claw from the ground. If I had dodged a second later, I would have been shishkabobed! Lethia mused.

Niccolo did nothing but watch. There was really nothing he could do. He was impressed by Lethia. She was far more skilled than he had imagined. The bug had only hit her once, while she had hit him at least a dozen times. We’ll win for sure! He thought.

As the fight continued, Lethia realized that though her hits were throwing him back, they didn’t seem to be hurting him very much. It must be that shell of his! She thought. His hardened body was hardly being affected by her assault. She quickly looked around her, while keeping an eye on the boss. What can I use to pierce that shell?

“Hey, Niccolo!� Lethia shouted as she ducked under another one of the bug’s swooping sickle attacks.

“What?� He answered; surprised that she was talking to him while in the middle of a fight.

You wouldn’t- happen- to have a- weapon of some sort- with you, would you?� She said in-between dodging the blows from the bug. “Preferably something sharp.�

He rummaged through his back-pack. “How about this?� He said, holding up a set of daggers.

“Yes, perfect! Throw them to me!�

“A-are you sure?� He didn’t want to accidentally stab her.

“Yes, just hurry!�

Niccolo reluctantly threw the daggers toward Lethia. The bug saw what was going on, and smacked them out of the way.

“Don’t think those will help you,� He said.

“Oh, stay out of this!� Lethia punched him in the face hard enough to knock him down.

She ran over to the daggers and picked them up off the ground. “Heh, now your stupid shell shouldn’t be a problem.�

If a bug’s face could express fear, I’m sure his would have as she ran toward him. She slashed once with one dagger and again with the other, removing his head. It landed several feet away just in front of Niccolo. He sneered at it and kicked it to the side.

“That was incredible!� He shouted. “You and I make a great team!�

Lethia watched the body twitch and grimaced. “That’s just gross…�

Niccolo was beaming as he approached Lethia. “Shall we go back?�

“Uh, yeah,� I guess we’re done here, huh?� She bent down and wiped the daggers on one of the unconscious rat’s shirts. “Here. Your daggers,� She said as she held them out.

“No, no no!� He said frantically shaking his hands. “You keep them! Think of them as payment for assisting me.�

“Okay, thanks.� She said, while examining the daggers.

“And you can have these as well,� He presented her with the wheel, a Greenball bun, a pot, and a Tako bug.

“Eh heh, thanks…� She took a look at the odd gifts. “Well, we’d better get back to Teapo and Duelle. Teapo will worry if I’m gone too long.�

“Of course! I wouldn’t want my favorite customer to be unhappy!�

“Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you…�

“Yes?�

“Why did you really come with me?�

Niccolo smiled. “Well, I wanted to make sure that you really did take care of the bandits.�

“Oh, so that was it.� That makes more sense that protecting his reputation, thought Lethia.

Niccolo placed his face right in front of hers. “Smile! I’m the merchant of smiles! Be happy!�

************************************************************************

Whee! I’m finished with the third chapter! I told you I would make this chapter longer! I’m so tired. It’s almost 2 in the morning, and I still haven’t finished all my homework. What is wrong with me!? On top of that, I have to go see my teacher today at 10:30. I’m gonna be a zombie by then… T.T Why did I have to wait so long to do my homework? I didn’t mean to. Before I knew it, it was… well, today. Make me feel better by giving me lots or reviews. Please?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment