Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

It's my very first fanfic!! It's about the game Legend of Mana. I used the female main character, and it's alot like the game, but better, 'cause it's the way I like it. ^_^

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four
I think I’m going to start re-playing this game later on tonight when my sister kicks me off the computer…

************************************************************************

Lethia arrived at the weapon shop to find Teapo and Duelle arguing about something. The stopped as soon as she entered the room.

“Lethia, you’re safe!” The Dove-pot exclaimed as she waddled over and threw her (wings) around her.

“Um, yeah, Teapo…” Lethia muttered weakly. “Could you let go? I can hardly breathe.”

Duelle walked over and smiled. “Good to see you back. I knew you’d take care of them in no time flat.”

“Thanks, Duelle.”

“Were they strong, Lethia?” Teapo asked worriedly.

“Naw, they were a bunch of pushovers,” Lethia handed Teapo the wheel. “Here, I almost forgot.”

“Oh, who cares about that? I was so worried!” She took the wheel and put it on a table.”

“What’s all that other stuff?” Duelle asked.

“Oh, this?” Lethia looked down at the gifts Niccolo had given her. “Some stuff Niccolo gave me for helping him out.”

“He gave them to you!?” Duelle and Teapo cried in unison.

“Uh, yeah…?”

“I can’t believe it…” Duelle muttered. “He never just gives things to people.”

“See!?” Teapo said excitedly. “I told you the bloke’s not all bad!”

“Lethia sweat-dropped as she watched them begin arguing again. She saw Mark, Rachelle’s father, still slumped in his chair. She decided to ignore the others, and walked up to him.

“Hi, Mark,” She greeted.

“Hi…” He responded wearily.

“What’s wrong?”

“My poor little Rachelle hasn’t spoken to me in weeks!” He moaned. “Where did I go wrong? I’ve always tried my best to be a good father! Why is she doing this!?”

“I’m sure it’s just a faze…” Lethia said comfortingly.

“…”

“Oy, Lethia!” Teapo called suddenly.

“What?”

“Where did Niccolo go anyway?”

“He said he had to go somewhere,” Lethia said, though she was still worried about Mark.

“See!?” Duelle said triumphantly. “I bet he’s off scheming something!”

Lethia could sense another argument coming on, so she decided to make a break for it.

“Uh, you guys?” She asked cautiously.

“What?”

“I think I’m gonna go pick up a few things in the market and then head home.”

“Oh, don’t go just yet!” Teapo said. “How ‘bout some tea first?”

“No, I gotta get going. I promise I’ll come by again soon, though. Okay?”

“Alright, but make sure you stay way from that shifty rabbit,” Duelle warned. “He’s nothing but trouble.”

“Yeah, don’t worry about it…” Lethia sweat-dropped. “Well, bye then!”

“Bye, Lethia!” Teapo and Duelle said as they waved.

“Bye…” Mark mumbled.

As much as she enjoyed being with her friends, their constant arguing could become very nerve-racking. It was nice to close the door behind her, shutting out what sounded like what might become another pointless bout of bickering.

“I think I’ll go see Rachelle,” Lethia thought out loud as she walked towards the pub across the street.

Inside the pub she could see Rachelle talking to that young man who had apparently been harassing Teapo and Duelle. Actually, Rachelle didn’t look like she was talking, as much as being interrogated.

“Speak up!” The young man named Elazule demanded.

“. . .”

“Don’t make me angry…!”

“. . .”

“Tell me what you’re hiding!”

Lethia stepped in. “Excuse me, but what’s the problem?”

Rachelle looked a bit relieved, and the young man looked irritated.

“A friend is missing,” He said simply, turning back to Rachelle.

Lethia put her hands on her hips, a bit irked at being ignored. “Well, just because your friend is missing doesn’t mean you can go around yelling at people,” She explained.

“I sensed her scent. She was here,” He turned back to Rachelle. “You must know!”

Rachelle just stared at him.

“Don’t you have any idea!? Are you sure you don’t know where she is!?”

Lethia could easily understand getting irritated while talking to Rachelle. Again, the quiet young girl just stared at Elazule.

“Dammit!” He turned around and stomped out of the pub. “I’ve wasted my time here.”

Lethia watched him leave. “Man, that guy needs to take a pill!” She turned back toward Rachelle. “Are you alright?”

“Thank you,” She said quickly, then went back to work around the pub.

Lethia sighed, knowing she wasn’t going to get any other response from Rachelle. She said goodbye, then left the pub. I guess I’ll go pick up a few groceries… she thought as she headed to the market place.

It didn’t take very long for her to pick up everything she needed. On her way out of the market place, she saw the fortune teller standing in her basket of fruit. I haven’t asked for a fortune in a while, Lethia mused, maybe I’ll go see her.

She approached Madam and smiled. “Hello! How ‘bout a fortune really quick?”

“Alright, but it’ll cost you,” she replied. “Ten Lucre, and no less. I’m saving up for retirement.”

Lethia handed her ten Lucre, and the fortune teller began to spin around in her giant basket of fruit. “Vitamins, Potassium, Carotene, Polephenol!!” She chanted.

The basket’s spinning slowly came to a stop, and she picked up the fruit that stopped at her feet. It was an Orange.

“What’s it say?” Lethia asked eagerly.

“It says…” She paused dramatically.

“Well…?”

“It says… ‘Be nice to Rabbites’.”

Lethia laughed. ‘Kay, thanks Madam! I’ll be sure to stop by next time I’m in the neighborhood,” Even though her fortunes were always kind of dumb, Lethia always enjoyed getting Madam to tell her hers.

Lethia left the town of Domina with a smile on her face. Today had been a lot of fun; she couldn’t wait until the next time she came up. Who knows? She thought. Maybe next time I’ll get to go on an adventure or two again? She continued her walk home, thinking about how she would tell Li'l Cactus about today’s excitement.

************************************************************************

So… how was that? My sister keeps yelling at me to get off the computer. I bet all she’s going to do is check her mail, find out she has none, then get off. She’s such a tard sometimes, I swear! Anyway, REVIEW! It makes me feel so special when I get reviewed. I NEED them; otherwise I don’t feel like making anymore chapters. Please? If you don’t review, Pearl will cry! You don’t want her to cry, do you? DO you!?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment