Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Zoros Weakness

Something has been irritating Zoro. What irritates him more is that he can't figure out what it is. And as if he's not having enough trouble, Luffy is just making things worse. (ZoroxLuffy)

Chapter 6 - Zoros Weakness

Chapter 6 - Zoros Weakness
I'm writing again so soon! Oh the yayness! I'm `sploding with ideas right now. `Kay, here ya go! ^^

The One Piece is not mine.

-o-Chapter Six-o-

It was around two a.m. when the two pirates tiptoed below deck to where the men of the ship slept. Luffy had to keep his hand over his mouth to prevent his quiet giggles from escaping. The young captain was ecstatic. Zoro's gonna sleep with me tonight! He's being nice again! This is going to be fun! Without realizing, Luffy let out a small chuckle. Zoro turned to him and motioned for him to keep it down. ``S-'' Luffy had to catch himself before he apologized out loud.

Everyone was already asleep in their beds. Well, asleep in their hammocks and sofas. The only one missing was Usopp. It was currently his turn to keep watch over the ship. The boys each grabbed a blanket and pillow and crept out from the room.

As the pair returned above deck, Luffy let out an odd sound that could only be a squeal of delight. ``This is going to be fun!''

Zoro just gave his friend an odd look. He didn't understand what would be so fun about sleeping up here. He had accidentally fallen asleep and stayed the night above deck before. You wake up very wet and very cold. ``Why is this going to be fun?''

Luffy turned to his companion. ``Because you're sleeping here too! We can stay up all night!''

``What? Why all night? I like sleeping.''

``You always sleep.''

``So?''

``So, you should stay up and keep me company! You never want to hang out with me anymore, Zoro!''

Zoro felt a pang of guilt hearing this. ``I... Sorry, I've just been distracted.''

``But, you aren't distracted now, right?'' Luffy asked hopefully.

You're the one who's being so distracting!! ``No.''

``Then you should stay up with me!'' Luffy grinned.

``...''

``...What?''

``Nothing.''

Luffy smiled uncertainly. ``You're weird, Zoro.''

``I'm not as weird as you are.''

``What? I'm normal!''

Zoro couldn't help but laugh at this statement. The Straw hat joined him immediately.

``Okay, so maybe we're both freaks,'' Zoro offered.

``Yeah, that's okay. I like that you're weird.''

Zoro smiled. ``I like your weirdness too.''

``Nee,'' Luffy grinned, making another one of his strange noises.

The swordsman sat down against a wall, bringing his blanket over his lap. Luffy quickly followed, seating himself next to his friend. For a moment the two just sat quietly, enjoying each other's presence.

``Zoro... I'm bored,'' Luffy whined, the moment being over.

``I told you sleeping out here wouldn't be any fun.''

``Think of something fun for us to do!''

Zoro's mind was instantly flooded with perverse suggestions. He nearly choked on his own tongue.

``...Are you okay?''

``Y-yeah...''

``Anyway, think of something!''

``You think! I just want to sleep.''

``You suck!''

``If you're so bored, think of something on your own.''

Luffy replied by blowing a raspberry.

And then there was a second stretch of silence. Zoro was beginning to wonder whether this had been a good idea. Being this close to the object of his newly discovered feelings was difficult even for a short time. Zoro had enjoyed their little `fight' earlier, but that was different. How was he going to spend the entire night with Luffy? He couldn't handle another onslaught of sexual images of his captain. Not again... Not...

``Dammit!'' Zoro swore angrily. He had accidentally triggered the images by thinking about not thinking about them. ((Yeah...))

``What??''

``Uhhh...'' Zoro held up his arm. ``A bug bit me?''

Luffy laughed. ``And you yelled like that from a bug bite!?''

Zoro decided not to even try to defend himself. That was the lamest excuse he had ever came up with...

``Lemme see,'' Luffy said as he grabbed his first mate's arm and examined it. ``There's not even a mark! When did you turn into such a wuss, Zoro?''

``Shutup,'' Zoro growled as he yanked his arm away.

``...''

``...''

``Zoro?''

``What..?''

Did you think you think of anything for us to do yet?''

Zoro turned to his companion. ``Weren't you supposed to be the one thinking about it?''

``Huh...? Oh, yeah!''

``I'll assume that means you didn't think of anything either, right?''

Luffy nodded. ``Right.''

``...''

``...''

``Luffy?''

``What?''

``Why are we sleeping out here again?''

``...''

``...''

``I don't know.''

Zoro sighed and hung his head in mental exhaustion. Luffy had a way of doing that to people.

Luffy studied his friend. It was clear that unless Luffy could find a better reason to stay, Zoro would end up going downstairs to bed. He just couldn't accept that. Even if he had been playing it off like he didn't really notice, Zoro had been deliberately avoiding him. Luffy couldn't accept the fact that his best friend didn't want to be around him, so he had been planning a way to get him alone so they could hang out like they had before. Zoro was noticeably uncomfortable, and all the Straw hat wanted to do was get Zoro to relax and be happy. Maybe the reason he's unhappy is me...

``Zoro...?'' Luffy mumbled in a voice barely audible.

``...What is it, Luffy?'' His captain's tone made him uneasy.

With his face turned downward, Luffy's eyes were hidden behind his bangs. ``Do you hate me?''

``What??'' Zoro was shocked. How could Luffy think that? Immediately, he knew the answer. Zoro hadn't been very kind to Luffy over the past weeks. He wanted to tell his friend that he felt exactly the opposite, but he couldn't bring himself to admit it.

``Luffy...'' Zoro reached and ruffled his fingers through the boy's hair. ``I could never hate you, stupid.''

Luffy brought his eyes to meet Zoro's and smiled. Zoro thought he detected a hint of embarrassment before Luffy blinked it away.

``Don't call me stupid... Stupid!'' Luffy said with mock-anger.

``Okay.''

Luffy gave his friend an odd look at hearing him agree so easily. The swordsman just stretched his arms and back, settling himself against the wall. Seeing him getting comfortable reminded Luffy of how sleepy he was. Before he could stop himself, he let out a great big yawn.

``Ha. That makes three for you and two for me.'' Zoro grinned triumphantly.

``Just wait until you yawn again...'' Luffy warned.

Zoro chuckled and closed his eyes. He was hoping that if he stayed quiet for long enough, Luffy would eventually fall asleep. When he heard Luffy's blankets being shuffled around, he wasn't sure if his captain was getting ready to sleep or to get up and run around. He felt something resting on his leg and opened his eyes. Luffy was snuggled up under his blanket, using Zoro's leg as a pillow. He was hugging his actual pillow to his chest.

The boy beamed up at Zoro. ``You don't mind, right?''

Zoro faked an irritated face. ``Do whatever you want.''

Chills went down the swordsman's spine as Luffy wriggled to make himself comfortable. Nakedbonclaynakedbonclaynakenbonclay. Zoro desperately thought of the least attractive image he could imagine, hoping to undo what what happening `downstairs'.

``There, I'm comfy now.''

``I'm happy for you,'' Zoro replied sarcastically. ``Now go to sleep.''

``I'm still not sleepy enough...'' Luffy turned his body to face Zoro. ``Tell me a story!''

Zoro scowled. ``Are you kidding? If you want a story, ask Usopp.''

``You're no fun!'' Luffy poked Zoro in the side.

``Gah!'' Zoro twitched. ``Stop that.''

Seeing what he had done, Luffy giggled and poked a second time.

Again, the poked resulted in Zoro twitching ever so slightly. ``I said stop it!''

``You're ticklish!'' Luffy cackled as he continued poking.

``S-stop it, Luffy!'' Zoro tried to defend his side, but with Luffy's rubbery body, he was able to get around his attempts to block the pokes.

Zoro couldn't take it. He didn't know if he was angry, humiliated, or aroused. Either way, he didn't want to have to deal with any of those emotions at the moment.

``L-luffy! Cut it ou- out!!''

Luffy continued to poke, laughing like a maniac all the while. ``I found your weakness!''

``I'm gonna kill you!!''

``Try it! You can't beat me if I know your weakness!'' Luffy stuck his tongue out triumphantly.

``Shut u-up! That's not m-my weakness!''

``Oh?'' Luffy's eyes lit up. ``Is there another one?'' Luffy began poking and jabbing Zoro in various places on his body. A few places that Zoro dare not name.

``Gah!! Cut it out!''

A door opened, causing the two young men to stop. Nami stood in the doorway glaring at them in her nightie.

``Do you two know what time it is??''

The boys exchanged glances then answered that they did not.

``It's four-thirty in the morning, you idiots! Keep it down or go to sleep!!''

Nami turned and slammed the door. Sanji's voice squealing `Nami-swan' could be faintly heard from inside.

``...''

``...''

The pirates were silent for a moment. They were still frozen in the postion they had been when Nami had opened the door. Zoro was on his back with Luffy on top of him. Roronoa was grasping one of the boys hands at the wrist. The other was in mid-poke. The swordsman's face was beat-red, but no words would escape from his lips. Even Luffy's cheeks were tinted with pink as he stared blankly at his friend. For a moment, the only sound came from the waves crashing against the Going Merry.

The two finally snapped out of it and separated themselves, still staying silent. They sat again at the wall, bringing their blankets up into their laps, facing the same direction.

``...''

``...''

Luffy turned his gaze to Zoro, keeping his face still turned toward the ocean. He noticed that Zoro was doing the same. They both knew the other was looking, and yet neither fully turned his head. Suddenly, Luffy reached out and poked Zoro a single time in the side. This time the swordsman didn't twitch.

Zoro's eyebrows knit together as he tried to hold back laughter. Luffy too was trying to keep a giggle from leaving his lips. And then they both broke down and let their laughter escape. They tried their best to keep the laughter quiet, but whenever their eyes met, they laughed even harder.

When they finally stopped, the sky was lightening ever so slightly. Zoro sighed. The sun would be up soon and he hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. He looked at Luffy who was still giggling. Oh well...

Stretching for a final time, a yawn escaped Zoro's lips.

Luffy settled his head on his friend's lap once more and smiled. ``That's three yawns each. Now we're even.''

``Yeah, I guess we are.''

-o-Chapter End-o-

Warm fuzzies? Yes? No?

This chapter was a little difficult, but I hope it turned out well. Review if you love me! I still have candy!

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Chibichan on November 26, 2005, 3:22:48 PM

Chibichan on
ChibichanHeh, I couldn't keep from laughing either during that last part. I_I

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on July 27, 2005, 7:25:02 AM

Dorky_Otaku_Fan_Girl on
Dorky_Otaku_Fan_GirlStill an awesome story!! I love it! Ish so funny! ^^

Angie-chan on June 22, 2005, 9:39:32 PM

Angie-chan on
Angie-chanSorry! I don't know why, but none of the chapters are showing up. Or at least it's that way on my computer... I hope I don't have tp re-post. I tried replacing the chappies, but it doesn't seem to be working.