Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Of Gifts & Artwork

-PLOT-
A treasured sculpture is highly under guard at the Azumano Museum. What strange events will take place if this powerful artifact gets into the wrong hands?

~DN Angel fic mostly starring Satoshi~

Chapter 2 - Of Gifts & Artwork

Chapter 2 - Of Gifts & Artwork
Goddess of Time”

CHAPTER TWO: Of Gifts & Artwork

Making his way to the nearest street with a few stores, Satoshi kept thinking about what to get Risa.
I don't know why I'm having the most trouble deciding for her! It can't be that hard.

Knowing that Daisuke still loved artwork, he stopped by the art supply store to get him some more paintbrushes. He also knew that Riku liked sports, so he bought her some athletic pants for the winter.
But, Risa...what on earth would she want?
“Let's see...she likes clothes. She's pretty rich, though. She probably has enough.”
Then he stopped by the jewelry store window, spotting a diamond bracelet.
Satoshi smiled.
That'll do.

xXxXxXxXxXx
DING DONG!

“I'll get it!” Riku yelled to her sister, who was in the kitchen.
Opening the door, she saw Daisuke.
“Hey there!” she gave him a tight hug, “Glad you could come.”
“Thanks, Ms. Riku. So...what's first?”
“Well, Risa made everyone dinner, so-”
“What! Her cooking?”
“I heard that!” Risa complained from the next room.
“Ooooops...Sorry, Ms. Harada!”
“I know you don't mean it!”
Sigh...“What have I done?”
“You know, Niwa,” Riku spoke, “she has been practicing quite a bit. I, myself have even taste tested her food.”
“I guess you're right. I shouldn't have said anything.”
DING! DONG!

“Oh! That must be Hiwatari,” Daisuke opened the door.
The blunette stood in the doorway.
“Hello, Niwa. Am I here on time?”
“Yes, you are. Come in!”
Satoshi showed the wrapped gifts he was holding, “Where do I put these?”
Riku answered him, “Just on the table over there. We're eating dinner first.”
“Well, then, I bet your maids have prepared something nice.”
“Actually...Risa's making the meal.”
“Really?” Satoshi smirked, “This should be interesting.”
Coming out of the kitchen, Risa exclaimed, “Why does everybody think I'm a horrible cook!”
“I never said you were,” Satoshi reminded her.
“Well you were implying it!”
“I can see you're frustrated. I won't mention it anymore,” he replied calmly.
“Thank you!” Risa stomped back to the kitchen.
“Sorry about that,” Riku apologized and followed her sister.
She found her twin mixing ingredients in a bowl and went over to her.
“Risa, they're our guests, you know! You should be a little more polite to them.”
“Well, I think they should be a little more polite to me, too, don't you think?”
“Yeah, but, still...”
“Well, they won't be saying comments like that anymore once they taste what I've made today!”
Riku smiled, “That's good.”
“Thanks for helping me practice, Riku. Now I definitely won't fail Home Economics!”
About ten minutes later, the meal had been prepared and they all sat down.
“Okay, you guys. Just try and make fun of my cooking this time,” Risa said with confidence.
When she placed the meal on the table, Daisuke was surprised, “Wow! This looks good!”
“Told you so.”
After eating, Riku exclaimed, “Wow, I'm so full! I don't think I have room for dessert!”
“I think your skills have greatly improved, Harada,” Satoshi complimented.
Risa was happy, “Thanks, Hiwatari.”
“I have to agree!” Daisuke told her, “That was the best rice I've eaten in a while,” he grinned.
“Let's do the gift exchange, now!” Riku suggested.
So, they all went into the living room, Riku and Daisuke sitting together on the couch obviously. Satoshi and Risa found chairs nearby.
The twins gave each other gifts first. Riku got a soccer ball and Risa received some violet scented shampoo.
“Oh, Riku, this is great!” she was excited, “I love violets!”
Riku brought up, “Now you can still smell them even when it's not spring.”
Risa also got some new hair ribbons from Daisuke. She gave him some new tennis shoes.
Then, Daisuke gave Riku a silver necklace, and in return got a new painting easel.
Satoshi gave his presents to those two, and he got a new schoolbag and a brand new computer program.
“I didn't know you guys knew me that well,” he said.
“Well, you still get one more thing,” Risa handed him a box.
He opened it and found a dark blue, long sleeved t-shirt.
“I thought you'd like it. You don't have many casual clothes, do you?”
“Not really. Thanks.”
With that, Satoshi handed her a small, gold wrapped box.
“Here.”
He smiled softly, an expression Risa didn't expect to see coming from him.
“Thank you,” she was surprised to find a blush creep up in her cheeks.
What the heck? Why am I blushing? WHY!

Nevertheless, she kept her cool and took off the paper. Opening the lid, she took out the bracelet.
“Wow...this is beautiful, Hiwatari.”
“I'm glad you like it.”
“B-but...this must've cost a fortune! You didn't have to get this for me.”
“It's no problem at all, Risa.”
Risa? she thought to herself, He's never called me by my first name before. Why is he doing that all of a sudden?

Suddenly, Satoshi's cell phone rang. He looked at who was calling.
“Detective Saehara? What's he want?”
He answered anyways.
“What do you need?”
Yes, chief commander. I need to go over something with you.”

“Just a minute...” he addressed the rest who were in the room, “I have to take this.”
Satoshi went outside and continued talking.
“Yes?”
The museum just recently received the famous 'Goddess Tiempo' statue. It's highly valued and will need very tight security.”

“With Dark out of the picture, I doubt there's much need for that anymore.”
Well, we can never be too careful. I need you to come over tomorrow and help with making sure it's safely guarded.”

“But, tomorrow is...”
Satoshi knew he wasn't going to convince him like that.
“Fine. I'll be there.”
Good. Come at five p.m. sharp. Over and out!”

Satoshi went back inside to talk to Daisuke and the twins.
“I'm sorry, but I have to leave now. I need to get preparations in order for the detective tomorrow.”
“But, Hiwatari,” Daisuke commented, “Tomorrow is Christmas. You don't get time off?”
“Apparently not. Even if he's not my boss, it's my job to make sure everything is in order when it comes to security matters.”
He took the gifts he had gotten and apologized again.
“I'm sorry I couldn't stay for dessert. Thanks for inviting me, though.”
He closed the door behind him, leaving them all a little mad.
“He shouldn't have to work on Christmas Day,” Riku spoke up.
“Yeah,” Risa agreed, “He needs to start having more free time, if you ask me.”
“I guess working in the police force keeps him quite busy, though,” Daisuke added, “We shouldn't be that surprised.”
xXxXxXxXxXx
When Satoshi arrived at the scene, the detective was waiting for him.
“Thank you for coming, chief commander Hiwatari,” he greeted.
“I have some ideas for you. Should I go over them?”
“I think it would be better to talk to the men inside. I told them you were coming to give them instructions. They're already guarding the item.”
With that, Satoshi walked inside the museum. The statue was being showcased downstairs.
After descending to the first floor, he was in shock at the sight.
“What...what is this?”
All of the police on guard had been knocked unconscious.
For some peculiar reason, though, the statue was still in place.
This doesn't feel right.

He decided to examine the statue to make sure it was the real one.
Wait! This looks familiar...Is it possible that my family created this, too?

Satoshi now understood why this artifact was of great importance. It was an artwork of the Hikari family.
“Who could've done this to these men, though? The person didn't even bother taking the statue.”
“I have a reason for that,” a mysterious voice spoke.
Satoshi abruptly turned around.
“Show yourself!”
The figure emerging chuckled, “It's been a long time...hasn't it, commander?”
Satoshi gasped at who is was, “No, it can't be. You are...”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TKxKari224 on October 15, 2007, 6:50:00 AM

TKxKari224 on
TKxKari224OMG!! is it krad! or dark! SQUEE! THIS IS FREAKING EXCITING!!

*eats hyper pills*

im good now ^^~

Anime17 on October 15, 2007, 10:53:28 AM

Anime17 on
Anime17oooh i want hyper pills! LOL ^.^

TKxKari224 on October 15, 2007, 11:01:06 AM

TKxKari224 on
TKxKari224muahaha xD me and my friend were havin a sleepover one time and she couldt stop laug=hing so i was all like "ISA TAKE UR HYPER PILLS!" so i passed her some mike n ikes xD

lol good timkes XD

isa: hey!

me: run awayyyy! *dashes*

lol

Anime17 on October 15, 2007, 3:39:11 PM

Anime17 on
Anime17sounds like fun! LOL