Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Uninvited Guest

-PLOT-
A treasured sculpture is highly under guard at the Azumano Museum. What strange events will take place if this powerful artifact gets into the wrong hands?

~DN Angel fic mostly starring Satoshi~

Chapter 4 - Uninvited Guest

Chapter 4 - Uninvited Guest
Goddess of Time”



CHAPTER FOUR: Uninvited Guest


When she took the last bite of her pancake, Risa went upstairs to “freshen-up” for the day.

After taking a shower, brushing her teeth, styling her hair, finding the perfect outfit, and finishing her other daily morning routines, she went to lie down on her bed.

I can't believe this, but...I'm not sure what to do today. I'm so bored.

She stared up at the ceiling.

The thing I always hate about Christmas break is having nothing to do.



She frowned, “Riku and Daisuke are hanging out today, leaving me by myself.”

Risa thought for a moment, and then...

“Maybe...Riku's right.”

xXxXxXxXxXx

Satoshi would never admit to anyone what he was feeling that day. He couldn't even believe it himself.

...He was...scared.

He didn't want all the same horrible memories of his past to happen all over again.

“Krad...how could you possibly still be here?”

It was odd that the angel in him would still be present, but with Dark still gone.

Satoshi leaned his head back on the couch, “Maybe...I should tell someone about this. It is quite weird that-”

His thoughts were interrupted when the kitchen phone started to ring.

“Huh?”

He walked over to answer it.

Who could possibly be calling me?



He picked it up, “Hello?”

Hiwatari? It's...Risa.”


RISA!



Satoshi wouldn't have been as surprised if it had been Daisuke, or even Riku for that matter. But, Risa?



“Oh...hi, Harada.”

So...what are you up to today?”


“Not much, really.”

There was a short pause before he continued, “So...you called me just to ask that?”

Um, well, no. Actually...” this was a lot harder to ask then Risa had imagined, “Do you want to just, maybe, hang out?”


“Hang...out?”

It's because I'm so bored and Riku and Daisuke are spending the day together and they left me all alone at home with nothing to do and that's why I was thinking-”


“Hey, slow down!”

Oh! Sorry...”


“If you want to 'hang out,' you could just come over to my place, and-” Satoshi stopped himself suddenly. He had blurted that out without thinking, “I...I mean if you want to.”

Are you sure I wouldn't be a bother? I know you can sometimes be busy...”


“It's fine.”

Risa smiled to herself, “It's settled then. I'll come over shortly!”


-CLICK!-



Why did I just say that? Satoshi was so confused, Why couldn't I stop myself from...



He ignored his thoughts for a moment, remembering that he needed to get ready for her arrival, and quickly.

xXxXxXxXxXx

“I can't believe he said it was okay...” Risa pondered for a moment, But, I'm kind of glad I asked.



After getting out of bed to head downstairs and grab her coat, she encountered Mr. Suboji.


“Ah, Miss Risa. Heading out somewhere?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Would you need a ride today?”
“Thank you. I would like.....actually, I think I'll walk instead.”

“Very well then.”

After taking off, it only took Risa half an hour to get to her destination.

“Wow...this place is huge!”

“Well, What did you expect? It use to be my father's.”

“H-Hiwatari! I'm sorry, you just startled me a little.”

“I just came out to check my mail...did you walk here?” he asked as he thumbed through the various envelopes.

“Yeah, I did.”

“Should we...go inside now?”

“All right.”

Everything was silent between them until they sat on a couch in the living room.

“Brrrrrr...I'm freezing,” Risa shivered.

“That's what you get for walking here in the cold.”

She giggled, “Yeah, it's my fault. I should have had someone drive me.”

Satoshi was a bit concerned and asked, “Should I start a fire?”

“Oh, okay...That would be nice.”

After lighting the fireplace and sitting back down, Satoshi asked Risa a question.

“So...why did you want to come over to my house? As you can see, there's not much to do here.”

“There's really no one else who I could have fun with. I feel like all the girls from school who 'claim' they are my friends only pretend they like talking to me and hanging out with me.”

Unexpectedly, she turned to him with a huge grin, “But I always have my sister, Niwa, and you!”

She now gazed at the fire and told him, “You don't know how much it means to me that you let me stay here for a while.”

“Yeah. Sure,” Satoshi didn't know what to say in response.

Risa curled up in the couch corner and wrapped her arms around her legs.

I guess she's not warm enough even with a fire going.



Surprisingly, Satoshi found his arm reaching over, so he could hold Risa close to keep her warm.

Shaking his head to get the thought out, he drew back, No! Why was I thinking that? I can't give her the wrong idea! I don't like her in that way...But, still...


He took the blanket lying on the back of the couch and draped it around her trembling form, “You don't want to catch cold.”

Risa found herself blushing. AGAIN?



Nevertheless, she was grateful for his kindness. Her lips curled into a smile as she looked him in the eyes, “Thank you, Hiwatari.”

Satoshi rubbed the back of his head, feeling embarrassed, “You're...welcome.”

The mood of that moment changed when a sudden sting of pain entered his body. He bent over placing
a hand on the coffee table in front of him so he wouldn't fall.

Risa sprang up in response, “Hiwatari! What's wrong?”

Even though Satoshi was finding it hard to talk at the moment, he managed to get out, “You...can't tell anyone...about this, Risa.”

“About what? What's going on?” Risa was getting up, “I should call a doctor!”

“NO!” he grabbed her arm and made her sit down again.

“Uhh...but, why not?”

“They...couldn't help me.”

“Why not! I can't just stay here and let you-”

He snapped back, “It's Krad! He's back! Happy now?”

“Krad?...you mean the one that was kind of like...”

“...Dark? Yes, it's him....Ah!” he clutched his chest, trying to stop the pain, “You...you should go.”

Risa remembered the one time Riku and her went to the tower after following Dark. She couldn't stand seeing the pain Hiwatari was experiencing at that moment when Krad emerged.

“I'm staying here! I want to make sure you're okay!” she protested.

Satoshi made her promise, “You have to keep this a secret, though...you can't say anything. You wouldn't understand why, but...”

“Don't worry. I won't,” she held him up, “But, I'll also help you.”

It was Satoshi's turn that day to be thanking her, “That's nice of you...Harada.”

After a few minutes, he was able to stand up, “I'm fine now...Are you going home.”

“Only if you want me to,” Risa looked at him with a scared look, “Just know I'm here for you. Even though I haven't gotten to know you much, consider me a good friend. I'll get you through this.”

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TKxKari224 on October 17, 2007, 1:07:51 AM

TKxKari224 on
TKxKari224thats soo cuuuuuuuute! cute cute cute!! <3 ^^

i cant wait for the daisuke chapter

yaaayyy daisuki daisuke! ^^

daisuki daisuke! :D

Anime17 on October 17, 2007, 1:43:12 AM

Anime17 on
Anime17Yeah, I love them 2 together! :3 Just wait until the last chapter comes (LOL I already have most of the story in my head I just have to put it in the right words on paper heehee)

DAISUKE and RIKU and (maybe) DARK???? in next chapter XD XD XD

and again THANKS so much for reading this for me and for the comments ^_^

TKxKari224 on October 17, 2007, 5:48:04 AM

TKxKari224 on
TKxKari224no prob! :D it rox my sox! xD

omg!!! DARK!?!?! yeah! lol

DAI-KUN!! YAY! lol still hyper got to buy more hyper pills xD xD