Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Secrets

This is one of my first storys that actually came out good. Please comment.

Chapter 4 - Secrets

Chapter 4 - Secrets
Episode Four:
Secrets


They weren't far from camp when Kame said, "I saw what happened. But I don't know what that was. Frankly, I don't think I want to." Kira turned to see Kame: she was serious.
"I thought I saw your figure, Kira. But I didn't know which one you were. I only knew where you were when I saw you hold up your ring to the moon." She laughed, turning to Kira. " The figure I thought was you got torn up. It was funny because I actually believed it before I saw your ring shimmer!" she hugged her self, crying with laughter.
Kira looked at her stunned. Was she really laughing? The things she saw were not to be laughed about.
Kame opened her eyes after her fit of laughing, wiping away the tears, smiling while doing so. "What's with that face, " Kame began, "Why are you always so sad?" She chuckled.
"Are you kidding me? All of those people died!" She shouted at her. The shout echoed one time, scaring a flock of birds out of a tree some ways off. The entire camp heard it, too. Every one turned their heads to the West, accept Haru. "I wonder what it is now." Haru said, sipping tea. "They always have time to shout at each other."



"Yeah, But your alive, aren't you?" Kame said poking at Kira's arm. Kira, seething with rage, slapped away her hand, "That's not the point, Moron!"
Kame, starting to walk again, laughed a bit more, saying inbetween laugh fits, "Well, it served them right!"
"Are you crazy? No body deserves that!" the shout echoed again.

"If you knew what I know.... You'd be glad they're dead." She turned to Kira, still smiling. "They knew some thing was coming through, and that's how I know they had a Real Magic Book that opened to another world: to kill you for your jewel. See, you're happy. Smile!"
What? Kira thought.
Kame saw her puzzlement, and asked, "What's wrong? You should be glad it wasn't you out there, no regretfull!" She broke into laughter once more.
"How did you know that?" Kira put her hand on Kame's shoulder, in attempt to calm her down. Kame, opening her eye's, said, " When we get back to the camp, then we'll all talk." She grinned, turning away and walking further West. "We all need to talk. Especially Rei. He's sure to have an iteresting vantage point in all this mess."
Kira was a bit disappointed. She needed the answers soon. What attacked Seinstrei was still out in the forest, after all.


Still, she wasn't sure she wanted to know deep details on the monster that attacked that night. It did almost get her after all.
Reluctantly, Kira followed. After a pleasant walk, with no talk about Seinstrei, on the way back to camp, Kira asked, " Why do they want my Crystal? No one other than a hand full of people in are world can use them. And no one knows any thing about them other than they can hold allot of information and are good for conducting electricity, but even then its almost impossible to use with out knowing how to work its powers."
Kame laughed to her self. "Absolutely correct. You tagged it, Kira."
"Huh? Wha-" Kira was cut off by a loud shriek. Kira could tell it was miles off. But the echo still rang in the forest.
Kame smirked. She knew that shriek. So did Kira, and any one who was there that night also knew.
"Run." Kame started, "Follow me." Kame began sprinting to the South, Kira tailing her like a shadow. Kira and Kame both heard the shriek again. It seemed louder that time. Just that instant, Kira knew they were running toward the sound. It was only seconds before Kame came to an abrupt stop near a familiar stream when Kira saw red and black marks on the ground below them. The pattern was a Red circle inside of Black circle, incaseing a withered flower petal. Kira, searching for hear breath, managed to say, "What is thi-!" she was cut of by a flash of Black and Red Light. She closed her eyes and leaned over: she had the feeling of vomiting a soon as she saw the flash. Her stomach was in knots. But it passed and she opened her eyes to find that she was standing on a tree branch with Kame holding her from behind, hand covering Kira's mouth. And with good reason: Kira let out a muffled scream to the sight of...

* * *

"Goodness, where are they!" Machi whispered. Mika was pasting around the camp again. And in her passes by Machi, her long hair brushed past Machi, interrupting the last chapter of her untitled book.
"I heard some thing." Rei said waking from his nap.
"Me to." Haru finished the last of her tea. Getting up, she mentioned she heard that sound last night to Rei, though the others didn't.
"We might need to leave this area." Mika insisted, "In fact, I think we should. I don't know who or what attacked Kira, or the story, but I wouldn't want to take a chance with it." She stopped pasting, and began putting out the fire with stream water.
"Okay," Haru said after a moment, "We'll pack, clear the grounds and wait for Kira and Kame to return and leave, hiding the burnt fire wood in the stream. Is that any good?" She looked around camp. Every one agreed with that plan. Though there were some questions.
"Where will we flee to? The forest isn't the safest place in the world at the moment, and we might run into ... Whatever hit last night." Machi joined the conversation. And after ten minutes of heavy discussion, they agreed on following the stream's Eastward to a small city called Kyoto, well known for trade.
* * *

It took to long for Kira to make since of the blur before her eyes. And when she did, nothing good would happen: almost alerting the entire forest of their prescience with a muffled scream, Kira bit Kame's hand to silence her self. Kame didn't seem to notice it, though. She saw some thing horrible that would scare a Dragon. But I will not tell you just yet. You will know along with the others.
Kira, running back through the forest with Kame, using every spare breath she had. What was that? she thought. Was that... the thing that attacked? Whatever it was, she certainly wasn't going to stay and ask it. Run, just run!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment