Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Kyoto

This is one of my first storys that actually came out good. Please comment.

Chapter 5 - Kyoto

Chapter 5 - Kyoto
Episode Five:
Kyoto

The sky had brightened, but where Kira and Kame were resting, it was shaded and shadow filled. The only light was falling through the trees leafs and branches, giving a mist feeling.

Kame, looking at flowers, said, "That was fun." Kame was very odd: she was always looking for trouble. When she met Kira years before, she was a complete mystery. In fact, she hasn't changed much. No one seems to know any thing about her, other than she is around teen age, she lived in Kyoto her entire life, she has a sister and a mother, and she likes to irritate people. Her past is unknown. She never talks about it. Up until last year, Kira didn't even know she had a sister, or that her mother was alive. But when ever Kira (Or any one in the Moon Riders) asks about her Father, she ends up hitting some one, and leaving for a couple days, only to return happy. Like nothing ever happened. So every one learned to stop asking her personal questions.

"You had fun?" Kira gasped after several minutes of heavy breathing, "Goodness, your a psychopath. A real piece of work, Kame."
"I've been told." Kame smiled like she always does: Happy, almost to where it could be fake, and scary.
Kira, resting her eyes, said, almost to her self, "What the hell was that?"
"You really want to know?" Kame looked at Kira. A serious look drowned out every other feeling in Kame. But she went back to smiling and laughing.
"YES! You dumbass! Tell me, instead of dangling it in front of my face! What the hell is it!"
"Fine, if you really want to know what it is, come here." she said, with the flick of her right hand motioning her to come close. Kira got up from her resting place and sat side by side with Kame near the flower patch, filled with Red's, Green's, an odd shade of Purple, and Brown. "What-" Kira began, but was cut off my Kame.
"Shhhh!" she whispered, "Be quiet, will you! No one else besides us needs to know what that was, so whisper." She raised her fingers to her mouth. Kira thought she saw her lips twist into a smile. She couldn't be sure, though.
"Okay. Sorry, but what is it?" Kira moved in closer to Kame.
Kame, leaning into Kira, whispered into her ear, "It's a mad Unicorn."
As soon as she said that, Kira felt a vicious surge of rage fill her entire body, though she hadn't the faints't idea why. She pulled back, watching Kame laugh harder than ever.
"You little jerk!" Kira screamed.
Kame fell to the ground, laughing. Like always.
"Why am I a jerk? You asked, I told you." she was still smiling.
Kira leapt to Kame, fell at her knees, and slapped Kame across the face. They sat there for a few minutes. Kame looked at Kira, wondering if she should slap her back. But, her mind was made up. Standing up, Kame looked down on Kira, who was still staring at
the place where Kame's face had been. Kame looked at her for a second, raised her hand and pulled it across Kira's face. More of a swipe than a slap, because her nails cut Kira's nose, along with her right cheek.
"I guess I deserved that." Kira wiped her face, smearing the blood leaking from the wound on her sleeve.
"Damn right, you did." Her smile left her face. Her expression was like stone: cold, and still. Not flinching. No movement. And uncharacteristically angry.
Kame offered Kira her hand, still stone-face.
Kira accepted. "So, you don't know."
"That's correct." Kame's face softened. But she still looked angry.
"Then, why didn't you say so?" Kira walked past Kame.
"Your really dumb, Kira. You know that?"
"Excuse me?"
" 'You are Dumb. You know that?' " Kame repeat slowly. Even mockingly.
Kira turned to Kame, angry. "Why the hell am I Dumb?"
"I was telling a joke!" a smile, yet again, twisted Kame's lips' into a smile to the sight of Kira's expression, and then into a smirk.
Kira felt very stupid at this moment: she slapped Kame over a joke, angry about it. What had gotten into her? Was it knowing that every one else knew more about what happened that night than her? Or was it she simply had enough of Kame and her attitude toward life? At the moment she didn't know.
"Joke..um..." Kira stuttered, searching for the right words to say. But what was she to say? 'Sorry I slapped you over a joke. Let's make up.' Certainly not.
"A joke. You know, some thing you laugh at?" Kame mocked. "Oh, sorry. That might be a foreign concept to you, Kira."
"I think I know what a joke is." she felt even more stupid with what she just said.
"Apparently not." Kame chuckled.
Kira watched Kame walk away. She had no desire to follow Kame. She was, after all, a fool. Though she did want to know some detail about the attack, she reluctantly followed, her head tilted downward.
When ever Kira even opened her mouth to speak, Kame strode past her, rolling her eyes. Kira was wondering what Kame was thinking about. Certainly nothing nice about her, for sure. So the trip back was silent, accept for the wild animals waking up, and the stream flowing over rocks and falling down brooks. But oddly enough, the breeze was gone and Seipei made the forest unusually warm.

Once they had met camp, Kira gave up on Kame. She was going to try her luck on Rei. Hopefully he would be more useful than Kame had been, though she couldn't blame her, the way she acted earlier.
At camp, Haru, Machi, Mika, and Rei were waiting with their camp gear packed and the fire place out, with the wood thrown into the stream.
"We moving out, I'm assuming." Kame said to Haru, passing by Kira in a rude manner.

"Correct, Kame." Haru replied, loosening a strap that looped over her shoulder.
"So," Machi said, walking up to Kame, "What'd Kira say this time?" Machi gave a provoking smile to Kira. Maichi didn't care for Kira much. She found her as stupid as Kame did.
Kame smiled to Machi. She liked Kame allot. If Kira didn't know that Kame and Machi weren't related in any way, she would think they were sisters, the way they agree and act in sync. It creeped Haru, Kira, and Mika out. Rei as well, as he got to know them all.
Kame called Machi over to where no one could hear their conversation besides them self's.
"Where did you go?" Haru neared Kira after casting a questionable look toward Kame and Machi. "I heard a shriek. We all did." Haru paid no attention to Kira's cut.
"I don't know where. But I saw some thing horrible."
"What?" Haru and Kira both noticed Kame and Machi laughing together. No doubt about Kira. Though they discarded it.
"I'll tell you, along with every one else when we make new camp. It's dangerous to talk in an unsafe area."
Haru already knew some of the details when she talked with Kame after her watch duty. But she didn't know what specifically attacked. And, honestly, she was dieing to find out.

They finally left their old camp site, and walked toward Kyoto up stream. The walk was quiet accept for the same loud shriek that echoed all through the forest, making every one jump. They had no idea that they were walking into a Danger Zone. How could they?

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment