Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter 04

Axel returns as a biker to aid Sora, Riku and Kairi in their battle against the Heartless.

Chapter 4 - Chapter 04

Chapter 4 - Chapter 04
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL
By Axel Ingleson

-Chapter Four-


The blond surfer blinked at the red-haired cyclist.

“Do I know you?”

Axel rolled his eyes. “We’ve only been boyfriends for three years.”

“Boyfriends?” Demyx asked. “I have a boyfriend?”

Axel threw his hands up in resignation. “I give up. Look, my name is Axel. A-X-E-L. Got it memorized?”

“Axel. Right.” Demyx nodded. “Easy to remember.”

“Then how come you don’t?”

“I don’t remember anything except being in a really dark and scary place for a long time.”

Axel’s expression changed to one of sympathy. Whoever had brought Demyx back hadn’t erased his memory of whatever had befallen him in the void. And Axel could tell that, whatever it had been, it hadn’t been good.

Demyx saw the look in the older man’s eyes and decided he was telling the truth about being his boyfriend.

“Tell me about it,” Axel said, concernedly.

“There was this guy there, who was a real jerk,” Demyx told him. “He threw me into this dungeon and wouldn’t let me play any music or sing.”

Axel was horrified. Had Demyx actually been trapped in the Underworld? Abused by Hades? That would certainly explain his amnesia.

Sora felt sorry for the younger Nobody as well. He had been the one who had put Demyx in Hades’ cruel hands to begin with.

“Um, Demyx?”

Axel got between Demyx and Sora. “You have no right to speak to him.”

“Sheesh, I just wanted to apologize.” Sora said, annoyed.


Demyx peered out from behind Axel. “Sure.”

“I do,” Sora replied.

“I mean, I accept your apology.”

“Oh,” Sora smiled, ruffling his own hair and smiling. “Name’s Sora.” He extended his hand. “I’m sorry I killed you.”

“Demyx,” Demyx replied, stepping out from behind Axel and shaking Sora’s hand. “And what do you mean you killed me?”

“I’m… I killed you.” Sora blurted out. Then he looked at Demyx more closely.

“You were alive in that place?”

“I’m not really sure,” Demyx admitted. “I just don’t remember being killed.”


“It’s probably just as well that you don’t,” Axel said, putting a hand on Demyx’s shoulder. “Being killed isn’t an experience anyone should remember.”

“How about you?” Sora asked Axel. “Do you remember your sacrifice?”

“Yes,” Axel nodded. “And I wouldn’t change it for the world.”

Sora smiled. “I’m glad.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment