Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Axel returns as a biker to aid Sora, Riku and Kairi in their battle against the Heartless.

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11

Chapter 11 - Chapter 11
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL
By Axel Ingleson

-Chapter Eleven-


Sora was about to step off of the dragon ship when Axel pulled him back.

“Look,” he said, “I know we’ve all agreed that you are the leader, but you don’t have to take the role so seriously.”

“You said yourself that you’ve never been here before,” Axel pointed out. “So, I personally think we should have a look around with monitors before we go out and get ourselves killed.”

“Axel’s right,” Xirin agreed. “Let’s keep our heads, everyone. We won’t do any good to Demyx if we’re all dead.”

“We don’t even know if Demyx is here,” Axel added.

“I was about to say that,” Xirin told the fire-mage as Kajihana joined them. “And, Kaji’, be a good girl and take Edym back to your room where he belongs.”

“Yes, Xirin,” Kajihana replied, picking up the kitten and leaving the bridge.

“It seems like a simple enough little town,” Axel observed after a while.

Sora was the first to notice the large Ferris wheel off in the distance. “Hey! A carnival!” he laughed, rushing off before anyone could stop him.

“I’d better go after him,” Riku sighed, running after Sora.

“Axel?” Xirin asked.

“I’ll check the town, see if I can get any leads on Demyx,” Axel replied. “Kairi will come with me.”

“Like I trust you after you nearly kidnapped me,” Kairi rolled her eyes.

“I thought we were past that,” Axel shook his head. “I told you I was sorry, and unlike Sora, I meant it.”

“I know,” Kairi apologized. “I’m sorry, too. I should be more trusting. You’ve saved us twice already.”

“Well, let’s go,” Axel suggested.

• * * * *

Sora was disappointed when he arrived at the site of the apparent carnival. Rather than a variety of bright sights and sweet music, there was nothing but an almost morbid arrangement of abandoned funhouses and derelict tents. It looked like the carnival was over and the entertainers had gone home.

“Pity,” a voice said, coolly. “You missed a brilliant show.”

Sora turned and saw a bearded man standing there with a top hot and well-kept coat and tie. Despite the up-kept look of his appearance, he seemed older than his apparent age of about forty. He reminded Sora, in short, of an antique statue of a man, dusty with age.

“My name’s Dark,” he said, shaking Sora’s hand, though Sora hadn’t offered it. “Of Dark’s Pandemonium Carnival.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment