Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A Disturbing Find

This is the novel version of my comic that I'm working on. Some of you may have seen the comic cover.

Chapter 1 - A Disturbing Find

Chapter 1 - A Disturbing Find
The air stiffened in the dark, abandoned lot. Suddenly a breeze picked up. In the middle of the lot, a yellow circle of light appeared. Air swirled around the circle until a small tornado formed. It stopped as suddenly as it had started. In it’s place stood a girl in her late teens. She had long crimson hair and bright blue eyes, though they seemed darkened. She wore a white sleeveless vest and short denim shorts. She took one step out of her arrival zone and immediately dark shapes began to form around her. She quickly looked from one shape to the next. The shapes began to form into bodies. They were short and stocky, and the only other color on them came from their eyes, which were a bright yellow. They had perfectly cylindrical heads with jagged antennae. They rose out of the ground and began to wobble back and forth. The girl’s eyes narrowed.
“Shadows...” she muttered. Suddenly a light erupted from her hand. It shone for a second and was replaced by a gigantic key. It had the shape of a flowery heart near the base while the blades twirled up the neck to end in twin hearts. The keychain at the end was that of a flower. It was a Keyblade. The Shadows cocked their heads in interest. The girl stood motionless for a moment before launching her attack. She swiftly sliced one Shadow in half and had already started on the next before it had even hit the ground. A group of three launched into the air. The girl glowed yellow and suddenly rocketed at the Shadows. She dealt them a swift chain of blows and the rest retreated into the ground. The girl landed swiftly on the ground and stood slowly. Suddenly the sound of clapping rang out in the lot. The girl’s head snapped towards the direction of the sound. A tall young man with silvery blue hair and a long black trenchcoat stood leaning against one of the support beams.
“Very impressive, Kairi,” the man said. Kairi blinked at the man.
“Riku?” she whispered. Riku chuckled. He stood upright and stretched his hand out. A bat wing-like sword appeared in his hand.
“Riku, what are you doing?” Kairi demanded. Riku suddenly grinned insanely. He launched himself at Kairi and she had barely enough time to react. She brought her Keyblade into a defensive position just as Riku slammed his sword into hers. Sparks and flashes of energy burst from their blades. Kairi backflipped and raised her Keyblade.
“You’re not Riku...I can see it in your eyes...” she said. The Riku clone laughed insanely. Kairi charged the clone but was knocked back by a protective barrier. The Riku clone leaped into the air and brought his blade down. It slammed into the ground mere inches from Kairi’s face. The clone pressed it’s face right up to Kairi’s, still slightly giggling. Kairi growled and kicked away from the clone. Once up, she exhaled slowly and suddenly glowed blue. She reared back and hurled her Keyblade at the clone. It dodged the first attack but was caught off guard by her sudden second throw. It was knocked off balance and Kairi lunged at it as she retrieved her Keyblade. The blade sliced cleanly through the clone’s midsection and it dematerialized in front of her face. Her Keyblade disappeared and she strode off into the rainy streets of Midgar.

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on March 4, 2006, 6:01:10 AM

dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twain on
dont_ever_quote_Mark_Twainholy crap... That was... AMAZING! YAY FOR KAIRI!!

shamoline on June 27, 2004, 1:30:30 AM

shamoline on
shamolinethis was a good story i felt like i was there thanx . i really enjoyeed that

Fuzzy_Dragon on February 5, 2004, 12:44:04 AM

Fuzzy_Dragon on
Fuzzy_DragonOhhhhhh....C'mon more...I love it=^_^=

Fuzzy_Dragon on January 28, 2004, 5:52:44 AM

Fuzzy_Dragon on
Fuzzy_DragonPleaseeeeee!! add more pleaseeeeeeeeeee!!!....

RiRiana on November 24, 2003, 11:55:59 PM

RiRiana on
RiRianaWonderful writting skills! I love the story!