Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Off to the Next World

This is the novel version of my comic that I'm working on. Some of you may have seen the comic cover.

Chapter 3 - Off to the Next World

Chapter 3 - Off to the Next World
He was dressed in a pitch black shirt adorned with several chains and zippers. His pants were extremely baggy and were also riddled with chains and zippers. On his neck was a leather band.
“Sora?” Kairi asked timidly. Sora smiled, but it wasn’t his usual warm smile. It seemed, somehow, cold and ruined with age.
“It is good to see you again, Kairi. I have missed you very much,” Sora replied. Kairi seemed on the verge of tears when she rushed forward and tightly embraced Sora. He was taken aback by the sudden gesture and it took a few moments before he awkwardly patted Kairi on the back. She withdrew and wiped a tear from her eye. Sora stretched out his hand and the Oathkeeper appeared in it.
“What - ?” Kairi began. Sora looked the Keyblade over and gave it back to Kairi.
“Very good,” he said. “I had a feeling you’d be the next Keyblade Master.”
“What do you mean?” Kairi asked. “You knew I’d be the next Keyblade Master? How?”
“Well, I had no way to know for sure...but...I just had a feeling.”
Kairi stared at Sora for a moment. He was smiling, but she didn’t feel any better looking at him. It was almost as if he had had all his life and youthful energy sucked out of him. It made Kairi uncomfortable.
Sora nodded and turned to leave. “I must find and defeat the Others - “ he began.
“Others?” Kairi asked.
“Replicas of every person that was present when Kingdom Hearts was unleashed. I believe you already defeated Riku’s?”
Kairi swallowed and nodded. Sora nodded back. “Good,” he said.
“What I am supposed to do, then?” Kairi asked. Sora looked darkly at her.
“You must seal the Keyholes of the Fantasy worlds...and shut the door to Kingdom Hearts once more.” Kairi exhaled slowly. She nodded.
“I’m sure Cloud and Squall would be more than happy to assist you,” Sora continued. “In each Fantasy world, you will encounter people that know me. Tell them I sent you and they will point you in the right direction.”
“How will I find them?” Kairi asked.
“Don’t worry...they’ll find you,” Sora said. And with that, he strode out without so much as a wave goodbye. Kairi watched him go with slowly tearing eyes. She slumped into a nearby pew and almost began sobbing until she heard a groan behind her. She turned and saw Cloud and Aeris standing, rubbing various parts of their bodies.
“That was wild...” Cloud mumbled. Kairi stared.
“Last thing I remember is Kairi yelling something and then I saw nothing but blackness...” Aeris said.
Kairi relayed her and Sora’s conversation to them. When she finished, Cloud looked at her for a long time until he finally said, “I’m going with you.”
Kairi looked at him. “You are?” she asked. Cloud nodded.
“If the kid wants me to go , then I’ll go. I gotta respect anybody who can beat me three times.”
Kairi nodded. “Then let’s go,” she said. Cloud and Kairi left Midgar and traveled for a week across the world to Rocket Town. When they arrived, they found Cid tinkering on his gummi ship.
“Hey Cid,” Cloud said. Cid poked his head out from underneath the gummi ship.
“Well, well, if it ain’t Cloud...And who is this fine young thing, Cloud?” Cid asked.
“It’s me, Kairi,” she said. Cid grinned broadly.
“Well then, Kairi! I hardly recognized you! You look about twenty years old!”
“Close. Seventeen,” Kairi replied, grinning.
“Cid, we need this ship,” Cloud said. Cid’s smile disappeared.
“The Heartless?”
Kairi nodded. “They’re back.”
Cid turned to the ship. “She’s got everything you’ll need. The best armor, the best weapons, and the best engine. Where’re you heading?”
“To see Squ...er...Leon,” Kairi said. Cid dipped his head and allowed Kairi and Cloud. Kairi waved at Cid from the window of the cockpit and the gummi ship blasted off.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RiRiana on November 25, 2003, 12:04:04 AM

RiRiana on
RiRianaGreat Job! I love the way that you continue the story!!!