Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - The Keyhole of Fantasy World Eight - Sora

This is the novel version of my comic that I'm working on. Some of you may have seen the comic cover.

Chapter 6 - The Keyhole of Fantasy World Eight - Sora

Chapter 6 - The Keyhole of Fantasy World Eight - Sora
The gummi ship descended once again near the forest located near Balamb Gardens. Kairi, Cloud, and Squall stepped out of the gummi ship and walked the short hike to the Gardens.
“So where do we start?� Cloud asked.
“We have to find Apollo,� Kairi replied. “He said he’d be at the Gardens, so that’s where we’re going.�
“But what if he’s lying? What if he actually works for Barabas?� Cloud said. Squall shook his head.
“He’s not.�
“You said that in quite a sure tone, Squall,� Cloud said suspiciously. Squall shrugged. Cloud huffed and turned away.
Kairi reached the gates of Balamb Gardens and pushed them open. They walked quickly through the main doors and stealthily made their way to the middle of the school, avoiding Heartless patrols where they encountered them. There, they debated where Apollo might be.
“I bet he went to the dorms,� Squall said.
“I think he went somewhere he thought couldn’t attract attention. Somewhere the Heartless wouldn’t think to look.�
“True,� Kairi said. “Squall? Where’s the least likely place to be seen?�
Squall thought about this for a moment, then finally said, “The Training Area.�
True enough, after a short hike through the Training Area, they came upon a small clearing. Apollo stood motionless in the middle.
“Apollo-“ Kairi started, but he held up a hand.
“Silence,� he hissed. Suddenly a great creature easily three times the size of Apollo crashed by, and upon spotting the team, attacked. Kairi, Cloud, and Squall jumped to the side, but Apollo simply jumped high into the air and brought his Keyblade down onto the monster. It shook violently before falling over with a loud thud. It twitched twice and then lay motionless.
Squall was in shock. “How did you do that? That’s the strongest monster in here!�
“It is?� Apollo replied, sounding genuinely surprised. He looked back at the monster and shrugged. “I know where the keyhole for this world is.�
Kairi, Squall and Cloud leaned in closer.
“It’s under this very school.�

* * * * *

As the foursome made their way back to the elevator, this time having no qualms about openly attacking Heartless patrols. When they reached the elevator and descended to the bottom level, they did not expect to see what they did. Bodies of students and staff members littered the ground. The area was also infested with Shadows.
“What the-!� Squall started, but Apollo covered his mouth.
“These Heartless are still younglings, probably just born from those people’s hearts. If we do not make noise, they will not notice.� Squall nodded and the group quietly and slowly made their way around the nest. When they finally reached the former throne of Garden Master NORG, they saw not NORG, but Kairi! It was a Kairi clone, sitting on NORG’s throne clutching the Oathkeeper Keyblade. AntiKairi was wearing the same black raincoat Kairi had seen AntiSora wearing. AntiKairi had a smug look on her face. Suddenly a figure emerged from a black and purple swirling vortex at the real Kairi’s left side. Sora stepped out of the vortex looking almost furious.
“Sora!� Kairi exclaimed. This noise brought the youngling Heartless upon them. Squall, Cloud, and Apollo charged the Heartless while Sora and Kairi prepared to face AntiKairi.
“Have you killed yourself yet?� Kairi whispered.
“I can’t find me. I must be hiding somewhere,� Sora replied, a faint smile tugging at his lips. Kairi grinned and the duo launched themselves at AntiKairi. AntiKairi leaped out of her chair and somersaulted in midair to land facing Kairi and Sora’s backs. Sora stopped abruptly and backflipped, spinning quickly to face AntiKairi. Kairi kept running up NORG’s throne, then kickflipped off the top to land facing AntiKairi once more. AntiKairi smiled and charged them with blistering speed. Kairi and Sora barely had time to react. They both dove to the side as AntiKairi sped past them, stopped abruptly, and turned to face them again.
“This battle isn’t very exciting,� Sora commented, grinning. Kairi nodded.
“It needs some spice.�
“I marvel at how you taunt your own inevitable deaths, if not by me, then by the hand of Lord Barabas,� AntiKairi said in a far-off, spectral tone.
“I marvel at how you can go on like a parrot and not say anything of importance,� Sora replied.
“Foolish human. Meet your maker!� AntiKairi launched herself at Kairi and Sora a second time, but this time, Sora was ready. He quickly parried her lightning-fast strike and countered, slashing her across the back. She cried out and clutched at her wound. Kairi stared at Sora. How did he move that fast? AntiKairi turned and glared furiously at Sora.
“That,� she huffed, “was a mistake.�
“Aw, is someone mad that they got a boo-boo?� Sora taunted, smiling. AntiKairi snarled and again charged, this time heading not for Sora, but Kairi, because she knew Kairi was not as quick. Kairi attempted to block the attack, but she felt the pointed, star-like end of the Oathkeeper dig into her stomach. Kairi cried out and fell.
“Kairi!� Sora cried. AntiKairi turned to Sora and grinned malevolently, apparently quite proud of herself. Sora bared his teeth and growled.
“Aw, is someone mad their lover got a boo-boo?� AntiKairi taunted back. Sora looked at Kairi’s comatose body.
“I’m sorry Kairi, I did not want to resort to this,� Sora said softly. His Keyblade disappeared and his eyes turned stark white. Sora inhaled sharply and crouched. A sharp wind picked up around him, and as he began to scream, as if in pain, he stood straight. Suddenly, a large black wing sprouted from his back in a spurt of blood. Another followed it, and snakelike, black veins began creeping onto the sides of his face. Metallic claws formed over his hands, and finally, when the wind was beginning to die down, horns grew from Sora’s head. He had transformed into a Heartless. The symbol of the Heartless shone brightly on his chest for a moment then disappeared. AntiKairi seemed little moved by this spectacle, and resumed her battle stance. Sora simply stood before her, growling with every breath. AntiKairi made the slightest of movements with her foot, and suddenly, Sora was not in front of her, but behind her. Before she knew what hit her, a silver metallic claw protruded from her chest, drenched in blood. Sora quickly moved to face her front, and before she even realized he was in front of her, her face was clutched in one claw while the other quickly jabbed at her chest. Finally, Sora stepped back to let her lifeless body fall to the floor and disappear. Her last words that echoed through the chamber were, “Lord Barabas...I have failed you...� and then all was quiet. Cloud, Squall, and Apollo emerged from the other side of the chamber to find Sora, in his normal appearance, cradling Kairi in his arms.
“Any of you have a potion? Or maybe a hi-potion?� Sora asked.
Apollo dug in his suit and retrieved a hi-potion. He tossed it to Sora, who administered the medicine to Kairi.
“She’ll be fine in about an hour or so. In the meantime, we should keep a watch out for more Heartless,� Sora said.

* * * * *

Kairi slowly opened one eye, then the other. Sitting next to her, fast asleep, was Cloud. Pacing back and forth near the throne was Squall, but Apollo and Sora were nowhere to be seen. Kairi slowly raised herself up on her elbows. This small action roused Cloud, who looked over to Kairi and stretched.
“Feeling better, kid?� he asked. Squall heard Cloud and strode over to join them.
“Where’s Sora? And Apollo?� Kairi asked. Squall shook his head.
“Gone. We have no idea where Sora is, but Apollo said he’d meet us in Fantasy World Nine. Are you strong enough to seal the Keyhole?�
Kairi nodded and stood. She stretched her aching muscles for a bit and then summoned her Keyblade.
“Where is it?� she asked. Squall pointed to the throne of NORG. Kairi climbed into the gigantic throne and the Keyhole appeared in a thin outline of blue. Kairi sealed the Keyhole and the party departed for Fantasy World Nine.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Fuzzy_Dragon on February 2, 2004, 1:15:51 AM

Fuzzy_Dragon on
Fuzzy_DragonOHHHHHH! SO GOOD!!!PLEASE ADD MORE=^_^=