Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - A Problem at Fantasy World Nine

This is the novel version of my comic that I'm working on. Some of you may have seen the comic cover.

Chapter 7 - A Problem at Fantasy World Nine

Chapter 7 - A Problem at Fantasy World Nine
The gummi ship blasted out of hyperspace and descended towards a large tree situated in the middle of a vast sea of fog.
“I wonder what that is?� Kairi mused. Cloud landed the ship inside the tree, and the party climbed out.
“Glad you made it,� came a voice. Kairi, Cloud, and Squall all swivelled their heads in the direction of the voice to find Apollo emerging from the dense leaves.
“How did you find us?� Kairi asked, bemused.
“Never mind that. Come, we must find the Keyhole before Barabas does.� And with that, Apollo turned and headed back the way he came from.
“Barabas hasn’t taken this world yet?� Cloud asked.
“The local soldiers are fighting...and losing. I assisted them until I came here to meet you, but my help mattered little, I’m afraid.�
“So where is the Keyhole?� Kairi asked.
“Inside the heart of this very tree, the Iifa tree,� Apollo replied. He entered a clearing, where several soldiers were hurrying about tending to wounded and dead. A young man with sandy blonde hair and a tail approached Apollo.
“We’re losing men by the thousands. Those...things...are unreal,� the man said.
“Kairi, let me introduce Zidane Tribal, the leader of the forces in the Iifa tree.�
Zidane looked from Kairi, to Cloud, to Squall, and back at Apollo.
“New recruits?�
“They’re here on a...special mission. What they are here to do might just drive back the Heartless and blockade them from this world forever,� Apollo replied. Zidane raised his eyebrows, then rushed forward and clasped Kairi’s hand in his own.
“Let me be of service to you, please!� he begged. “I want to be a part of driving back this horde!�
Kairi looked helplessly at Cloud. He shrugged and looked away, muttering, “You’re the ring leader of this whole thing.�
Kairi then turned to Squall, who did the same thing. She looked back and Zidane and smiled weakly. “Sure...� she said. Zidane smiled broadly and turned to Apollo.
“Apollo, watch the troops. Have them fall back to a defensive position and give those monsters hell. We’ll be back shortly.�
Kairi gave Apollo an incredulous look, then turned to follow Zidane out of the clearing.
“Now then,� he said, “where are we heading?�
Kairi turned to a path that lead down into the tree’s depths. “Into the heart of the tree.�

* * * * *

As the party descended into the tree, Zidane grew more and more nervous.
“This tree is sacred. It is the source of mist throughout all Fantasy World Nine. We should not be in here...�
“We have to go this way. If you do not like it, leave,� Cloud said in an irritated tone. Zidane quieted, and in short order, the group emerged into a large cavern. A large branchlike structure shot upward from the center of the ground to the roof of the cavern, and blue cosmic energy spiraled around the cylinder. Zidane couldn’t speak. He simply stood there with his mouth hanging open. Kairi approached the structure, and aimed her Keyblade at it.
Nothing happened.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

I_am_your_last_Hope on June 5, 2004, 8:26:56 AM

I_am_your_last_Hope on
I_am_your_last_HopeMORE MORE MORE MORE!!! YAY!!!!


Ps:: Read my story!