Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 0 - The type of water purifier

A water purifier is used to filter tap water so that it is more suitable for drinking, but also for watering plants. This type of equipment is available in several forms on the market, in order to meet different needs.

So, when it comes to choosing a water purifier machine, there are a few important criteria to consider. Here is a small guide for this purpose.

Chapter 0 - The type of water purifier

Chapter 0 - The type of water purifier
Not all water purifiers have the same mode of operation. There are therefore several categories, as you can see by consulting the catalog of Pure Berkey, supplier of equipment for water purification and softening.

We distinguish in particular:


The Ozonator


This device works with ozone (a natural gas allowing the elimination of contaminants present in the air). It is often used for pool or spa water purification.


The reverse osmosis


Reverse osmosis removes unwanted minerals from the water. It is equipped with a pre-filtration zone, a reverse osmosis membrane and a post-filtration zone. This device is generally used in addition to a water softener, and vice versa.

Anti-scaling water purifier


This device rids your water with the limestone it contains. It indirectly avoids the accumulation of scale in your pipes.

The purifier on tap


Easy to use, this purifier filters the water directly as it comes out of the tap. However, it does not rid it of limestone.


The water purifier under the sink


The water purifier under the sink has the particularity of being directly connected to the city water network. It has a tank whose capacity can range from 4,500 to 8,500 liters. With this device you can get rid of:


Viruses ;

Bacteria ;

Heavy metals;

Herbicides;

Limestone;

Unwanted minerals, etc.


Note also that a water purifier can also take the form of a filter water fountain, a filter jug, ultraviolet or even a filter pocket.


The water filter machine


For optimal water filtering quality, a purifier with an activated carbon filter is ideal. Indeed, this type of filter cleans bacteria, parasites and organic contaminants. You can also choose a water purifier with filter cartridges, mineral stones, filters with different layers, or even filter discs.

The capacity of the tank


The choice of the capacity of the tank of your purifier must be based on the number of occupants of the accommodation. For a family of 4, a capacity of 10-15 L is sufficient. For 8 people, increase to 30 liters, and so on.

The use for which the water purifier is intended


In some cases, a home water purifier can also be used outdoors. This is particularly the case for filter jugs that you can use to go camping or for a picnic at the beach.


On the other hand, for strictly domestic use, electric models are the most recommended. It should be noted, however, that reverse osmosis units and filter fountains can be bulky due to their large capacity. They are therefore not really suitable for small houses. They are also much more often used in the professional environment.

Manufacturing materials


The rule here is simple: the stronger the material of construction, the more durable the water purifier. For this purpose, the most reliable water purifiers are made of BPA-free Tritan, borosilicate glass, or even reinforced plastic.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment