Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chase

Dr. Eggman has created a new machine and is using it on humans. Now sonic and his new friends have to destroy it

Chapter 2 - Chase

Chapter 2 - Chase
Alert! Alert! Prisoners have escaped in storage sector. All available units to storage sector and capture the prisoners! This is not a drill! The message was sent over the intercom and radiated through the deep metallic chambers of Eggman’s new base. But in one room the message was drowned out by the sounds of fighting. Two robots were in the training room sparring. Suddenly, metal sonic burst through the door and snapped angrily at the red and black robots fighting. “What are you doing! Didn’t you hear the alert!” The red robot flexed out his claws as he replied. ”Oh calm down, the swat-bots will take care of it.” “Besides,” added the black robot, “they’re just humans.” Using his speed, he quickly banged them on the head. “Idiotic fools! Most of the swats were destroyed in the last raid! And robo tails took the rest for a scouting expedition!” The black robot scowled. “Robo tails, I hate that punk. He thinks he’s better than us.” “That’s not important right now! We need to capture the prisoners!” “Fine, fine, but lets make it more interesting. How many prisoners got out?” “Six.” “Alright, then lets make a bet. Whoever captures two of them first gets…..The new upgrade the doctor is developing.” “whatever, can we just go?” metal sonic was getting annoyed. The other robots left quickly, knowing that metal sonic had a bad temper. ………………………………..................................................................... “Wait, we went this way already!” “How do you know?” “I’ve seen those boxes before!” “There are boxes everywhere! How can you tell them apart?” Danny and Amanda where also fighting. They and they’re four friends were stuck in this weird fortress. They had been friends for a long time, but lately Amanda and Danny had been arguing about pointless things. It was getting really annoying lately, so one of the friends, a boy named Andy, finally stepped in to stop it. “SHUT UP!” For the first time all night they were silent. Miraculously, they actually stayed quiet until they came to a three way intersection. Amanda spoke up. “Ok, there are three hallways to go down. We’ll go in pairs down each hall. Now, my partner will be-” But when she looked around, she realized that they had chosen partners while she was talking. The only kid without a partner was…Danny. Grudgingly, Danny seemed to realize who his partner was and walked over At that one moment they stood next to each other, it looked like they would wage a world war three. But they all chose a hallway, and before they left Amanda told them all one last thing. “If anyone finds a way out, get out of here and find help for the others.” All three teams went down a hallway. Amanda and Danny down the middle, Two boys named Ethan and Andy down the right, And a boy and a girl named Cindy and Matt Down the left. They had no idea what was folowing them. ……………………………….......................................................................... The robots arrived at the intersection about two minutes after the escapees. “Well? Witch way did they go?” demanded metal sonic. “Robo Knux, can’t you scan for them?” Robo Knux replied grudgingly. “It’s been malfunctioning since the raid, It wont work.” Metal sonic angrily dented the thick metal wall with his fist. “Metal Shadow, What about you?” Metal shadow turned on a heat sensor, took a few moments to scan the area, and reported. “There were six of them, they split into groups of two and went down seprate hallways.” “Perfect, whoever gets two first wins. Metal shadow, go right, I’ll, go left, Robo Knux, go straight.” They separated and sped down the hallways, Robo Knux at a slight disadvantage. ………………………………......................................................................... “So, how long do you think Amanda and Danny can go without killing each other?” “I don’t know, twenty minutes?” Matt didn’t want to think about their situation much, so he constantly tried to make conversation. Suddenly, Cindy stopped. “Stay here, I need to see something.” Matt was worried. “But-” “Stay!” Matt stayed behind as she cautiously wandered over to the next turn in the path. As she rounded the turn and disappeared from sight, Matt heard an ear shattering scream, followed by a gunshot. Mat stood there, transfixed to the scene, he hardly noticed as the menacing black robot walked around the corner and raised a gun at him. Was Cindy hurt? Is she alive? Those were the questions that raced through his head during the few seconds of conciousness after the robot shot him. But he did hear the robot say something. “Well, the new net gun works perfectly. Imagine the surprise on their faces when they see me with the new upgrade…” The voice faded into oblivion as his conciousness left him.………………………………......................................................................... A couple of hallways away, Ethan and Andy were enjoying a nice conversation about how long Danny and Amanda would last when they heard a scream. The conversation quickly changed to who screamed. “Who do ya’ think that was?” started Andy “I don’t know, could it have been Amanda?” “I don’t think so, Amanda never actually screams.” “Then, It must have been Cindy.” “Your probably right, Gee, I hope Matt’s ok.” “Me to.” There was silence for a while, Until Ethan stopped cold in his tracks. “ Did, did you hear that?” Andy was confused. “No, what did you hear?” “It was like, a clanking noise, metal footsteps.” “Andy was starting to think he was going insane until he too heard it, heavy metal footsteps, getting louder. They were terrified and hid behind the nearest pile of boxes they could fine. The clanking got louder, and louder, until finally is sounded like it was right outside the boxes. Then, after what seemed like an eternity, It moved away. Without warning, Ethan jumped out and started to run in the oposite direction. Andy wached from affar as a flash of blue and the lights of jets rushed after him. Ethan yelled, another net gun was shot, and Ethan was silent. Andy Decided to make a break for it and ran as fast as he could down the hall. He ran faster than he had ever ran before, powered on by the rush of fear and adrenalin. He turned a corner and stopped, not able to believe what he was seeing. An exit, an open door waiting there for him. He ran to the door, only to be shot down as he was shot by the net gun. His feet were kicked out from beneath him and he was wrapped into a net. He hit the wall and fell to the floor. Andy looked up and saw the menacing figure of his captor. A metallic blue robot with spikes on the back of his head. As he came to collect his prize, Andy spoke out loud to himself. “Well Cindy and Matt are probably out, Ethan and I are finished, It’s up to you guys now , Amanda and Danny. Good luck.” ………………………………...........................................................................          

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

LKK on April 21, 2006, 3:54:03 AM

LKK on
LKKKeep Going!

Mattkur on March 14, 2006, 7:09:25 AM

Mattkur on
Mattkur(reads all chapters again)

Mattkur on February 22, 2006, 8:27:23 AM

Mattkur on
MattkurGreat chapter! Keep it up!!!