Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Governmant siezure

Dr. Eggman has created a new machine and is using it on humans. Now sonic and his new friends have to destroy it

Chapter 5 - Governmant siezure

Chapter 5 - Governmant siezure
The six new Mobians were locked away in stasis pods to be used for weapon testing. But the government found them first. The government had been monitoring Eggman’s activities for some time now. They could tell he was up to something. But that night the radiation levels had been going up inside the base. He had activated something, and it was time for them to interfere. At the time Mobians were relatively new to humans. The only ones the human government knew about that they were not hunting were sonic and his friends. The last time a group of Mobians went unchecked they robbed banks and caused general havoc. So if a mobian was spotted that was not recognized by the government they would go out and capture it. That was the plan, but they hadn’t been able to use it yet because there hadn’t been any trouble with them for a few months. So the government soldiers surrounded the base in the dead of night. A small troop of five went to attach bombs to each wall of the ominous fortress, while avoiding the spotlights of the guard robots. Then, a special team found its way into the base through an air vent and made its way up to the control room. Luckily, Eggman wasn’t in there at the time, so they shut off the power and the signal’s to all swat and guard robots. Eggman wasn’t in the base because he had seen them coming. He, a handful of swats, and the four powerful robians escaped, abandoning the base. The government searched the base thoroughly, but to no avail. But they did find something…In the vast basements they found the door leading to the Mobitizer room. They had no interest for the mess of wires and tubes, but what they found in another room attached to it. There was a sort of closet-like space, where several stasis-pods were lined up. And inside the pods were Mobians. There were seven in fact, a rabbit, a chameleon, a bat, a fox, an echidna, and two hedgehogs. The commander at the time, a man named Terry Cuppler, didn’t think releasing several unknown Mobians that were contained in Dr. Eggman’s base was a good idea, as he had been around during the ark incident. And if one hedgehog could cause that much damage, than he did not want to think about what would happen if any of the several Mobians possessed any of shadow’s violent tendencies. *** Professor Linda Mackremay and her assistant professor Melissa Holfman were being briefed about their new assignment by Terry Cuppler. It was late at night, so he had arranged for them to be paid overtime to stay late for this. He led them into the room were the seven Mobians were being held. The army general stood by the door as the two exited women started examining the Mobians. “General,” asked Melissa, “where did you get these?” “I’m sure you heard about the raid on Dr. Eggman’s base? We found them in the lower levels. Odd though, they probably weren’t prisoners because there were no guards stationed anywhere near there.” “Well, then we might as well get started tomorrow morning. We’ll get some other scientists in here and…what are you staring at Linda?” Linda was staring intently at the purple hedgehog, her eyes reflecting the dull glow of the stasis liquid. Something about the hedgehog was captivating Linda, she couldn’t take her eyes off it. But a pat on the shoulder by Melissa snapped her out of it. After shaking off the feeling, Linda discussed a plan with Terry and Melissa, and left about midnight. *** Pale mist engulfed her as she stepped put of the box. She walked blindly in the mist, calling the name of someone she couldn’t remember. She couldn’t hear herself, but it didn’t matter, she just kept calling until a breeze meandered through her hair. Then the pale mist turned into a purply-black smoke that spun around her. It spun faster and faster, and it was a few minutes until she realized she was screaming. Then, a voice rang out from the smoke in front of her, a girl’s voice. “HELP ME! GET ME OUT OF HERE! WHAT DID HE DO?” She tried to answer the desperate, scared voice, but she couldn’t stop screaming. The voice kept repeating those same words for a few minutes before they started to fade… The some slowed sown, until it was reduced to a slow orbit. Then it became a pale mist again, and a figure walked out into the open. It was a hedgehog, and she looked familiar. The hedgehog walked slowly toward her and stopped about a foot away. She spoke only three quiet words… …“What’s going on?”… *** Linda awoke as if someone had dumped ice water on her. She was sweaty and panting hard. Linda walked to the bathroom, got a drink of water, and tried to go back to bed. She couldn’t though, not for a few hours. All she could think about was that nightmare… “Nightmare…hmmm…”*** It was noon the next day and Linda was showing the Mobians to the rest of her team. There was Professor Gerry Earthwood, an old man who was very passionate about his work. Professors Doreen Woolfel and Daniel Kolt were there to. Melissa was there, of course. And the newest member, Chris Offnam, had just gotten out of college and had a good sense of humor and good ideas in him. And as Linda was showing the Mobians to them, Chris shot out an idea. “Hey, why don’t we give them names or something? We can’t just call them it or that!” Doreen was just about to tell him off, but Linda was able to get there first. “You know Chris? That’s actually a good idea! Someone needs to name two though.” So even with Doreen complaining that it was a childish idea they went on with it. They all decided on a mobian to name, and old Gary was chosen to name two, he chose the fox and the orange hedgehog. Daniel chose the chameleon with an apparent eagerness. His father was a herpetologist, and he inherited his affinity for reptiles. Doreen decided on the rabbit simply because she had two at home. Melissa chose the bat and Chris claimed the echidna, leaving Linda with the purple hedgehog. They all took time to study the physical features of the Mobians they chose, thinking carefully for a name that would suit it. Chris thought up one in about two minutes. “I’ll call this one Streak.” Then, Gary announced his chose of names. “I will call the orange one Boomer, because the rich orange looks like an explosion. And the fox reminds me of my old dog Hatch, so I will call it Hachet.” “Err, I think flame will do, the red markings look like fire.” Said Doreen with a sigh. “What about you Daniel?” “I’m still thinking…” Daniel was also extremely indecisive. Melissa stated her opinion. “Well I’m going to call the bat Topaz, because for some reason she has golden earrings.” There were a few named going through Linda’s mind, but she couldn’t decide on one. She could tell it was a girl, so she tried for something slightly feminine. Violet sounded like a good name, but for some reason she didn’t think it would fit. Lavender? No, that wouldn’t fit either. This hedgehog looked awfully familiar…like from that nightmare…nightmare… “Nightmare, that’s what I’ll call her.” The others thought it was strange, but she said it so seriously they knew not to ask. *** Over the next few weeks they examined the Mobians closely, while not removing them from the pods. They could only do observations, so the little information they could get was fairly useless. The scientists worked on them for about four months, until the higher-up’s stopped the program because there had been no new information about them. They ordered that the Mobians be locked away until there was a way to get more information.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Mattkur on April 15, 2007, 4:57:52 AM

Mattkur on
MattkurCmon! Youve gotta add more! You havent updated for 7-9 months!

Mattkur on July 1, 2006, 7:26:59 AM

Mattkur on
MattkurGetting more interesting!