Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Headache

Jack moves from the city to the country in this epic story of hard times, romance, and flying pigs!

Chapter 1 - The Headache

Chapter 1 - The Headache


Jack awoke from his nap. Outside, the hustle and bustle of city life noisily went on. Cars were honking, crashes were heard, and there was always the occasional motorcycle driver going by. As Jack woke up, he found himself with a headache. `Ugh, it's so noisy outside. It certainly won't help with my headache' Jack thought.

Knock! Knock! Knock! The door was pounded on. Jack rushed through his small apartment to the door. He looked through the peek hole to see his friend, Keith. “Come on in, Keith.” Said Jack as he opened the door. Keith came in with a Carterville Angels baseball cap on, a plain white t-shirt, and baggy jeans.

“Gee, living in Carterville is seriously big business.” Said Keith, as he popped a peanut into his mouth. “Don't forget noisy too!” added Jack, “Keith, I am seriously considering moving to the country, where it's quiet and you can actually see stars. I really want to, but I have not found a good place to move to yet.” Keith sat on the chair with his mouth wide open. He was in such shock that he couldn't talk, but only spat out stutters and weird noises.

“TO THE COUNTRY??? All that's out there is a bunch of boring old farms! You don't want to live on a farm, do you???” Keith yelled. Jack sighed, and replied “Keith, I'm afraid so. The city life's too noisy and busy for me. It's like all I do is wake up, go to work, come home, eat, and then sleep. It's too routine for me.”

Keith, being the friend he is, decided not to continue arguing and to start supporting his friend's idea. They looked online for property out in Mineral Town, a small, quiet place. After many weeks of searching, they found a small farm that was for sale. Jack was very exited. He clicked on the button that offered more info. Jack liked the description, so he called the owner and bought the land. What really surprised him was the price. It was so cheap. But Jack forgot that, considering he was so exited about his new quiet home.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment