Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Wine and Dine

Jack moves from the city to the country in this epic story of hard times, romance, and flying pigs!

Chapter 4 - Wine and Dine

Chapter 4 - Wine and Dine


Karen was at the winery. A couple of others were there, too, but Jack mainly focused on Karen, who used hand motions to signal Jack to her table. Jack pulled out a chair and sat down. “So uh…you moved from big-business Carterville, eh?” asked Karen. Jack was a little freaked out. He had told no one where he was from. “Uh, yes. I'm from Carterville. How did you know?” Jack replied. Karen looked deeper into his eyes, and said, “I know, because all of the other guys who wanted to purchase your farm were from Carterville, too.”

The evening went along very smoothly. Karen and Jack got into a serious discussion about how much of a stink hole Cartersville was. The discussion went on until 10:00, when Karen and Jack were both tired out. Jack offered to walk Karen home, which Karen seemed to be very pleased about. As they were walking home, they saw some constellations and talked about stars. Karen seemed to know a whole lot about stars. She was very smart about this topic and went on and on, giving Jack interesting facts about stars.

When they got to Karen's house, they stood on the front porch. “I had a great time tonight.” Said Karen. “Me too.” Replied Jack. They stood there for about 10 seconds, when Karen leaned in to kiss Jack. Jack did the same, and a big-time romance was born.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment