Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Return to Traverse Town

When the author's world is connected, she goes on a quest through time with Yuffie and Riku to find her way home. Appearances by the casts of FF7&8. Rated PG just to be safe. For anyone who's ever wanted to travel to other worlds. Comments please!

Chapter 3 - Return to Traverse Town

Chapter 3 - Return to Traverse Town
Chapter 3


Nyuck nyuck nyuck! My turn! If you haven’t guessed already, they story has been passed into the capable hands of the great ninja, Yuffie! Seeing as how our resident main character is currently knocked out, I’m taking over this chapter.

Anyways, I was just thinking that things were getting back to normal. I mean, Sora had gotten rid of Ansem, hadn’t he? So now I could go back to my old life, right? Wrong-o. I was just settling back into my old routine of getting materia for Wutai- hey, don’t gimme that look! I have enough munny/gil to get it honestly now. Besides, once you’ve been trapped in a world where you don’t need materia to cast magic, you kinda start not to rely on it as much anymore.

As I was saying, things were getting back to normal. Which for me, is boooooooring with a capital B. I wanted some action! So I decided to test out my combat skills on a few of the local monsters. As things turned out, I was about to get more than I’d bargained for.

I was heading for the mountains when I saw movement in the corner of my eye. Bingo! I took a battle stance, ready to take on the- heartless?! Ohmigosh, the world’s walls musta collapsed or sumthin’! I’d have to tell the others! I ran for home, where I saddled up my best bird and headed for Rocket Town.

Later, as I tethered my chocobo to a post outside Cid’s house, I noticed that the backyard was littered with gummi blocks. He’d been tinkering with the Highwind again. The weird thing was, a gummi ship I’d never seen before was docked right next to his. What the heck was going on?

Barging through the door, I asked “Cid, why is there a gummi...” I trailed off as I noticed that there was a second person sitting across the table from him. “Leon?! What are you doing here?!” I tried not to squirm as his eyes found mine. Gosh, he was so hot! “Yuffie, we have trouble.” He was so serious that my remaining happiness evaporated. I sat down heavily in the remaining chair to listen.

“It looks as though the heartless have launched a second attack on this sector. They’ve managed to break down the world’s walls, which were already weak from the first attack, again. Luckily, they won’t be able to get to the hearts of the worlds, since Sora has locked them. The problem is, they’ve started to break into other, un-protected worlds. And some of them have been destroyed. Refugees have been pouring into Traverse Town. I’m going to need your help again.”

I shuddered. What must it be like to have no home to come back to? To know you’d never see it again? “Of course we’ll help, Leon,” I said. “When do we leave?”

~*~*~*~

A few weeks later, I wandered the streets of Traverse Town, trying to sort things out in my mind. So far, we’d been able to find places for all the newcomers to stay, and Cid’s gummi ship business was thriving, but we were running out of space and supplies. Cid had been shipping in things from our homeworld, and we still couldn’t keep up with demands. We could only hope that the fourth district would be finished soon. If things worked out, we’d be able to find more homes and grow our own food. Aerith volunteered to be in charge of the agriculture, since she was a great gardener and had a special connection to growing things. I wondered if we’d have enough water to grow rice. The food here took some getting used to...

“Whoa!” My arms windmilled as I tripped over something on the ground. Regaining my balance, I turned around to see what it was.

A teenage girl was sprawled on the ground, eyes closed. “You alright?” I asked, and got no answer. She was still breathing, so she wasn’t dead, just knocked out. She needed a better place wake up to, though. I ran off, looking for Leon.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment