Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Council Meeting

When the author's world is connected, she goes on a quest through time with Yuffie and Riku to find her way home. Appearances by the casts of FF7&8. Rated PG just to be safe. For anyone who's ever wanted to travel to other worlds. Comments please!

Chapter 6 - Council Meeting

Chapter 6 - Council Meeting
Chapter 6


        “What is with these things?!?!” Yuffie demanded as we barged into the meeting. The trip to the third district had been pretty, shall we say, difficult. The heartless were everywhere! We couldn’t take two steps without being mobbed. (Think of your first time in Traverse Town, Didn’t it seem overwhelming?) Although Yuffie and Aerith could’ve easily fought them off, it would’ve taken too much time, so we resorted to the more basic method: flat-out running. Needless to say, we were fashionably late by the time we reached the small house.

        As soon as we made it through the door, I was pinned by stares from all directions; Leon and Cloud with the usual cool glares, Cid with raised eyebrows (from Yuffie’s earlier comment), and a spikey haired, sixteen year-old-

        “Sora!” Yuffie exclaimed. “What’re you doing here?”

        He smiled, and I felt my knees go weak. “Stirring up trouble, as usual. You’re late, by the way.”

         “Yeah, well, you should’ve seen the heartless out there! And we were dragging along a deadweight, too,” she said, and pointed me out, smiling to soften her words. I felt my face go red as Sora’s eyes found mine.

        “No way!” he said, grinning even more (if that was possible) “Is it really you?”

        “Yeah,” I squeaked as he put a hand on my shoulder, apparently to make sure I was real flesh-and-blood. I was glad he hadn’t pinched my cheeks and stretched out my face, the way he had done to Riku (that was soooo funny!).

       “At least he recognized me right off,” I taunted Yuffie.

         “Oh yeah? Well-” her retort was cut off by Leon.

        “If you don’t mind, we need to get this meeting started.” he stated, and the room fell silent. “We have received a letter from the king, warning us of a new weapon. We don’t know for sure, but it is apparently an illness of the heart that slowly breaks down it’s defenses, opening it to the darkness, and making it more easily taken by the heartless.” He went on to describe the possible consequences if the dark forces got their hands on this weapon, but I was still thinking on his last words. “An illness of the heart...” the same words the voice in my dreams had used. I suddenly felt sick to my stomach as the implications hit me. My hand tightened on the armrest of my chair, making the knuckles go white. ‘What’za matter?’ Yuffie asked. I shook my head. ‘I’ll tell you later.’

        “We cannot allow this weapon to be found. There are rumors that it only one world containing this disease had been connected. We need to pinpoint that world. We must find that weapon before the dark forces do.” Leon was saying.

        The irony of the situation was ridiculous. “Excuse me,” I interrupted. “But you already have.”Once again I felt the eerie sensation of having all eyes on me. I gulped, and continued, “I am the weapon.”

        Shock erupted. Yuffie slapped her forehead. “Duh! Why didn’t I see it before?!” she exclaimed.

         “Well, this explains a lot of things...” Aerith mused as Cid muttered obscenities to no one in particular. Cloud and Leon had fixed me with twin glares, and I suddenly became very interested in the floor. But I wasn’t finished yet.

        “I need to get back to my homeworld- to warn them.”

         “You’re not going anywhere-” Leon started, and I cut him off, feeling incredibly foolish for challenging him, but needing to finish. “If I don’t, my world could be destroyed. I could never forgive myself for that.” Although I felt ashamed by it, I was deliberately pushing his buttons. He couldn’t stop me from going or he would have the guilt of one more destroyed world to deal with.

        There was a long, uncomfortable silence, during which I continued to examine the floor. (They could really use some new carpet...) Finally, Leon sighed. “You’re right. It would be easier to keep an eye on you here, but I suppose they’d find you anyway. You can go-” I quickly finished my inspection of the floor, and looked up. “-as long as someone in the committee goes with you.” At that statement, Yuffie almost fell off her chair with excitement. ‘Yes! A chance to finally get out of this place! Whoo!’ I heard her thinking. “I’ll go!” she practically yelled.( I swear Leon’s face broke into this look of incredible relief )

        “It’s settled, then. Sora, handle things from your end. Make sure the invasion doesn’t get out of control.” Sora nodded, shouldering his keyblade. “We meet again soon. You know when.” There were nods all around, but I could practically feel the question mark hovering over my head. “In the meantime, you had better make some preparations,” he added, looking at Yuffie. (‘Yay! Shopping!’) With that, the meeting was over.

        I exited the house, feeling dazed. Leaning against the wall separating me from the Third District square, I gazed vacantly at the fountain. So much had happened in so little time. Where did I go from here? I thought I knew what to do when I had confronted Leon, but now...

        “I know how you feel.” I jumped my own height before realizing it was Sora. “I didn’t know what to do when I first came here, either.” He leaned against the wall next to me, causing my heart rate to double in speed. “Don’t worry about it too much. Things’ll work out.”

       “Thanks,” I finally managed to croak out.

        Yuffie, who had sneaked up from behind, gave me a slap on the back, and I nearly fell over the railing. “Yeah, you can’t fail with me coming along! C’mon, fearless leader, let’s go shopping!” She dashed away, evidently expecting me to follow. Sighing, I stepped away from the wall, when something warm brushed against my hand- another hand. Sora was standing close to me, uncomfortably close.

        “Keep in touch, okay?” I nodded mutely, trying to keep from blushing. He flashed me a brilliant grin, and left me standing in front of the small house in total shock. Yuffie burst through the door to Second District just as he reached it. “Are you coming or not?” she demanded. I rolled my eyes, and smiling to myself, followed.

~*~*~*~

Whee! Another chappie finished! This is the part where you push the review button (hint hint). Before you do- traditionally there are three members in a party. But I can’t decide who should be the third! Suggestions, anybody?


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment