Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Shopping!

When the author's world is connected, she goes on a quest through time with Yuffie and Riku to find her way home. Appearances by the casts of FF7&8. Rated PG just to be safe. For anyone who's ever wanted to travel to other worlds. Comments please!

Chapter 7 - Shopping!

Chapter 7 - Shopping!
Chapter 7

A/N: Thanx 2 Nyowpotopop for the idea! I think I’m going to stick with it. As for the rest of you...(menacing glare) you’ll just have to live in suspense for now! Mwahahaha!

~*~*~*~
“You do realize I don’t have any munny, don’t you?” I asked Yuffie as she happily bounced along the street in Second District. The heartless seemed to have given up for the moment, thankfully.

“Hey, don’t worry about it.” She produced a bulging drawstring bag and jiggled it a few times so I could her the munny inside. “I’ve just been waiting for an excuse to spend this. This is gonna be so much fun!” I agreed, gazing around at the various shops. I felt like a little kid at Disneyland, seeing all the rides and shops and booths for the first time, full of excitement. I still couldn’t believe I was in another world! “I can’t either.” Yuffie replied, too caught up in her own excitement to realize I hadn’t even spoken aloud. “This is our first time being together, right? I mean, it’s not like we were exactly apart or anything, but now we’re REALLY together.” I nodded, examining a moogle who seemed to be just as curious about me as I was about him.

Then I noticed something. “Wait a minute- why are we at the world exit?” I asked.

“The shopping’s better on my homeworld- more selection. It’s hard to get supplies out here...”

“And how, exactly, are we going to get there? We don’t have a ship.”

Yuffie stopped mid-stride. “Oh. I guess that’s a problem.” She grinned sheepishly.

“Why don’t we visit Cid?” I suggested. “He’ll probably have some ideas.”

“Okay, it’s better than sitting around scratching our heads.” With that, we headed for the accessory shop.

Cid was at his usual post overlooking the alley. “Hiya’ Cid!" Yuffie called out as we approached.

“What can I do for you ladies?” he inquired.

“Well, we’re kinda in a fix. See, we need to get to other worlds, but we don’t have a ship.”

Cid snorted. “That’s one @#$% of a fix you’re in. Dunno what Leon was thinking, sending two inexperienced girls off on some quest with nothin’ to go on.”

‘Inexperienced?!’ Yuffie yelled mentally. ‘Why, I oughta-’

“I’m sure he had a lot on his mind,” I interjected, trying to smooth things over.

“Heh, that’s funny, coming from you. But I liked the way you stood up to him back there. You got guts, kid.”

Yuffie, finally pacified by this remark, asked, “Well, what about it? You gonna help us or not?”

“Sure I am, if you can learn to be more patient. See, I was workin’ on the Highwind, seein’ if I could equip it for interworld travel, but I just can’t seem to keep things organized. So, if you can get that junk pile into some semblance of order, you’re free to keep whatever you want from it. Meet me at the world exit in an hour and I’ll let you hitch a ride on one of the cargo ships.”

“Sure thing, Gramps!” Yuffie called over her shoulder as we left.

“IT’S CID!” he bellowed back, and Yuffie snickered. “Works every time...”

“So, what’re we gonna do for an hour?” I asked as we headed through the door back to Second District.

“Well, there’s some stuff we could get while we’re still here, I guess. Like clothes, for example,” she added as she looked me over.

“What’s wrong with these?” I asked, indicating the typical jeans and t-shirt combo.

“You’re gonna need stuff that’ll give you more freedom of movement in battle. You also happen to stick out a little,” she said, tugging on the zipper of my hoodie. “High school orchestra, huh?” she asked, reading the logo. “Pretty spiffy.”
“Hey, I spent $37 on this thing! Hands off!”

And that was how I ended up looking over practically every outfit in the clothing store. We had a hard time agreeing on it. “I am not a stripper, and I don’t intend to look like one.” I declared after Yuffie suggested a particularly skimpy getup.

“Sure thing, Miss Priss,” she retorted.“What about this?” she asked, holding up a long cloak. “Does it cover enough skin for you?”

I snorted. “Whatever happened to the whole ‘freedom-of-movement’ thing?”

Finally, after several more incidents, I left the shop wearing none of my original clothes besides my tennis shoes. My old hoodie had been replaced with a red jacket that laced up in front, instead of a zipper. It had come with a matching red bandana to keep my hair out of my face. I also had a pair of pants-or were they shorts? with more pockets than anyone in their right mind would wear. The only plus was that they were embroidered with a cute heart logo on the knees. “I go in with flairs, and come out with cargos,” I complained. “You’ll thank me next time you need a potion,” Yuffie had responded.

After that incident, we had just enough time left to scramble to the world exit. We burst through the doors and entered the docking area (think of the one at Disney Castle), where cranes whose arms happened to end in little cartoon-like hands were busily loading crates and boxes into the cargo ship. It was a huge conglomerate of blocks that seemed to have been thrown together at the last minute, and I had no idea how we were supposed to get on board. “How-?” I started to ask, when one of the hands closed around my waist and hauled me into the air. I saw Cid laughing uproariously as I passed the cockpit, and glanced over my shoulder to see Yuffie dangling upside-down in the grip of another hand, looking furious. By the time we were dumped unceremoniously into the hold, her face had gone red both from anger and the fact that blood was rushing to her head, and I was giggling hysterically.

“Your...face...!” I gasped as she scrambled to her feet. “You should’ve seen it!”

“Yeah, well when you’ve been hung upside down by a crane we’ll just see how you look.”

“Wha-?” I began, but miss motor-mouth interrupted me.

“C’mon, let’s head for the cockpit. We should be taking off soon.”

~*~*~
Review, I command you! MUAHAHAHA!
Yuffie: -__-;; No more sugar for her...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment