Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Welcome to Camp Jazz

In this parody of a Disney Channel movie, Mikey/Turtle Titan attendas a jazz band summer camp.

Chapter 2 - Welcome to Camp Jazz

Chapter 2 - Welcome to Camp Jazz
Along I-87 North, amongst the traffic on that road is a school bus, a motorcycle with a superhero @ the wheel, a Justice Force van & Mikey driving his jeep. Mikey pulls over to a rest area, grabs his duffel bag & heads to the men's room. Mikey goes to a stall & changes into his Turtle Titan costume. He comes out & says...

TURTLE TITAN: Now I'm ready for Camp Jazz!

A trucker who's whizzing, looked at him, and then he sighed...

TRUCKER: I gotta stop eating @ cheap restaurants.

Turtle Titan headed to the van & drove back on I-87. The vehicles all take the exit to state highway 410, where Camp Jazz is located 14 miles west, past a small town. In that small town, there's an eatery called San Antonio Diner.

TT: I get it! Highways 87 & 410 are also in San Antonio (U.S. 87 & I-410).
ME: Never mind the geography lesson.

The vehicles arrive @ Camp Jazz, the coolest getaway for musicians. Then at the last moment, a van also enters the grounds which is decorated with their band name PA Tech, and its members listed.

Peanut; organ
Brodie; keytar
The Cure; percussion/vocals
Stryker; guitar

All the campers unpacked & got to meet with the head honcho, Kevin Savage, along with his helpers Malcolm & Mallory Banks.

KEVIN: Welcome to Camp Jazz, the coolest place in the USA. Line up with your friends & we'll get started.

Kevin meets up with the 6 groups of boys, talking to them. After talking to three groups, he approaches Kenan's combo.

KEVIN: What's the name of the combo?
KENAN: We're Leo's Buds. Our leader's on his honeymoon. I play sax & drums.
PETE: Bass guitar.
JACK: Drums.
SCOTT: Guitar.

Then Kevin goes to PA Tech.

PEANUT: I'm Peanut.
KEVIN: Well I like my M&M's milk chocolate or peanut butter.
PEANUT: Terrible joke. I play organ.
BRODIE: I play keytar.
KEVIN: Unusual.
BRODIE: I can make it sound like a bass guitar, synthisizer or match Peanut's organ sounds.
THE CURE: Lite percussion & vocals.
STRYKER: Guitar, acoustic guitar.

When he saw the Justice Force, he was in disbelief.

KEVIN: Who's idea was to have a superhero team here?
MALLORY: I did. Saw them play @ a private wedding reception. They're good.
KEVIN: Good grief, a superhero band.
SS: We do play when were not saving the world. Silver Sentry; bass guitar, vocals.
NOBODY: Organ, vocals.
EX-CEL: Guitar, vibes, tympani & vocals.
TT: Drums, tympani & vocals. Even brought my own tympani.

Then Kevin talks to the campers.

KEVIN: Boys, you will be placed in cabins according to instruments. One is for horns, another for guitars, another for keys/vibes & another for drummers. During the next three weeks, you will study the history of jazz as well as working on your music. You'll also do other fun normal camp stuff like swimming, hiking, etc. At the near end, you will each perform @ a final jam, like that Disney Channel movie & I wanna see excellence. If you need any help, call on Malcolm or Mallory. Guys, Mallory has a boyfriend, so no ideas.

The campers unpack & head to their respected cabins. While Ex-Cel headed to the guitar cabin, Mallory looked @ him & gave him a eye wink. Mikey went to the band room to unload his tympani.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment